Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the human equivalent to the empty space of a letter in a large store sign?

One of those San Francisco closet-rooms that cost $1500 a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ff14 NPC's AI game has been way stepped up lately, there's a fight in the new patch where the NPC behaves incredibly realistically. meaning she is programmed to gently caress up every mechanic and get you killed, just like a real person

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

One of those San Francisco closet-rooms that cost $1500 a month.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hotline Miami 3 lookin’ good

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Now there are two birds in the warehouse. A male cardinal came inside, I think he's trying to show the other one how to get out. Either that or we're going to have a whole flock of birds living inside in the next few hours.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I played FPS games with a Logitech trackball for years and miss it, AMA.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hopper posted:

I played FPS games with a Logitech trackball for years and miss it, AMA.

OK. Why did you stop? They're still readily available.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played videogames with my rear end for a year

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I played videogames with my rear end for a year

Raving Rabbids was fun times.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I owned every Nintendo system except Gamecube, but now I have a Gamecube with some games so I figured I'd play catchup. Right now I'm playing through Thousand Year Door, which is also my first paper Mario ever--I heard this one is the best one? Anyway I also have XMen Legends 2, Baiten Katos, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Caliber 2, and Bloody Roar--is there anything else worth playing that I can't play elsewhere?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

univbee posted:

OK. Why did you stop? They're still readily available.

Mine broke and everybody told me the Logitech mx518 was the new poo poo, so I caved in. It was tough as nails to get used to it at first but now I am a boring normie with a mouse.

It felt so great to do 360 flips at the flick of the thumb...and I thought aiming was easier than having to move thebentire mouse... maybe one day...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only use my rear end for voice chat

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DLC Inc posted:

I owned every Nintendo system except Gamecube, but now I have a Gamecube with some games so I figured I'd play catchup. Right now I'm playing through Thousand Year Door, which is also my first paper Mario ever--I heard this one is the best one? Anyway I also have XMen Legends 2, Baiten Katos, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Caliber 2, and Bloody Roar--is there anything else worth playing that I can't play elsewhere?

ETERNAL DARKNESS

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

While it's seen as something of a black sheep in the series, Super Mario Sunshine is worth checking out.

F-Zero GX is great but it is phenomenally hard (as Fragmaster's reading of that poster's rant confirms).

If you have friends and a LOT of extra accessories (4 GBA link cables and 4 working GBA's) give Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles a go.

Mario Kart Double Dash is also a black sheep I enjoyed greatly, and if you want to set all of the money on fire you can set up a LAN and race 16 players.

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 were Gamecube games originally, although PS2 versions exist.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 23, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Killer7

Forgot this had a PS2 version

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Now there are two birds in the warehouse. A male cardinal came inside, I think he's trying to show the other one how to get out. Either that or we're going to have a whole flock of birds living inside in the next few hours.

Honestly excited at how this bird situation is going to turn out and hoping more birds come inside, maybe build a nest or something

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

what kind of stuff are you into?

-From made a couple of deckbuilding games called Lost Kingdoms, the second of which is worth playing imo.
-if you like Bomberman, Generation and Jetters are both alright.
-Mario Party 5 is the one with capsules i think, which makes it pretty top class.
-Kirby Air Ride is essential
-Harvest Moon Wonderful Life is... interesting. Magical Melody is populated by ugly babies but is otherwise good
-Custom Robo owns
-Battalion Wars is cool but if you've played the sequel then the controls will feel a little weird
-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance is one of the best in the series
-Luigi's Mansion is short but super cute
-idk if Twin Snakes ever made it to anything else but it's rad as you probably know
-the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games are v good flight sims
-Pokemon Colosseum and XD are the closest we currently have to console pokemon
-Wario World is a Wario game made by Treasure

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the gamecube owns

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Looper posted:

what kind of stuff are you into?

-From made a couple of deckbuilding games called Lost Kingdoms, the second of which is worth playing imo.

Whoa wtf I'm gonna have to check that out.

univbee posted:

F-Zero GX is great but it is phenomenally hard (as Fragmaster's reading of that poster's rant confirms).

I loved F-Zero X....what's the worst that could happen with GX.

exquisite tea posted:

ETERNAL DARKNESS

I hear about this game all the time but only pertaining to sanity effects...is it like Resident Evil in gameplay or some kind of Parasite Eve hybrid thing?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Good morning chill people. I wish I was doing better right now.

Long story short, my rear end hurts. I fell flat upon it yesterday, and now it (still) hurts to move in certain ways. Anything involving my lower back basically.

At least my stomach doesn't hate me right now. Hopefully that continues to be the case.

Hope you're all having a better day so far.

DLC Inc posted:

Story Mode.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

Whoa wtf I'm gonna have to check that out.

I hear about this game all the time but only pertaining to sanity effects...is it like Resident Evil in gameplay or some kind of Parasite Eve hybrid thing?

It's Resident Evily, but more forgiving and full 3d control, no tank controls. Also, the combat is more responsive and there's even a spellcasting system where chanting different symbols in different combinations creates different spells.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

It's pretty residential. It's a horror game where you switch between multiple protagonists throughout an alternate history where Lovecraftian elder gods were meddling in human affairs.

And yeah, the magic system is deep and still pretty unique.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Volfogg posted:

Story Mode.

Yeah, the story mode is 9 chapters of 3 difficulty levels each which have incredibly narrow margins for error even on the easiest difficulty.

Highlights include a recreation of "Speed" where Captain Falcon's vehicle has a bomb on it and he can't drop below a certain speed, on this super-windy road that takes several minutes to go through where anything beyond a very light touch against a wall is boom-town, and the higher difficulties increase the minimum speed you have to maintain.

There's also escaping an exploding reactor through an obstacle-filled tunnel but also there are healing items which you MUST collect all of to have enough boost to make it out alive. The lowered time of the increased difficulty is such that on "very hard" with a perfect run you basically don't make it according to the timer, but you slip through before the exit fully closes off.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
does anyone know where i can get a good bokoblin plush or something

my girlfriend literally plays zelda botw every day. she's completed everything in the game, no more quests, beat the game, etc has all the best gear and i even made her some bootleg amiibos to scan every day with some nfc tags i had from work.

her routine every day is to go around and kill all the lynels and then put on her bokoblin mask and feed all the bokoblins from her favorite camps, then go around feeding all the dogs. i wish i could get into a game like she is into botw lmao

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Have you considered dressing up as a korok

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

does anyone know where i can get a good bokoblin plush or something

my girlfriend literally plays zelda botw every day. she's completed everything in the game, no more quests, beat the game, etc has all the best gear and i even made her some bootleg amiibos to scan every day with some nfc tags i had from work.

her routine every day is to go around and kill all the lynels and then put on her bokoblin mask and feed all the bokoblins from her favorite camps, then go around feeding all the dogs. i wish i could get into a game like she is into botw lmao

here's a standard one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Buddy-1639-Bokoblin-Stuffed/dp/B076JRPCWL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527093469&sr=8-1&keywords=bokoblin+plush

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DLC Inc posted:

I suppose it's similar to Resident Evil in the arrangement of certain puzzles, fixed camera angles, and horror elements but it's altogether a very unique game. There's nothing quite like Eternal Darkness, and probably never will be, :rip: Silicon Knights.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

From what I've read it kind of sounds like Silicon Knights wasn't a very good dev without Nintendo helping them out

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

univbee posted:

Yeah, the story mode is 9 chapters of 3 difficulty levels each which have incredibly narrow margins for error even on the easiest difficulty.

Highlights include a recreation of "Speed" where Captain Falcon's vehicle has a bomb on it and he can't drop below a certain speed, on this super-windy road that takes several minutes to go through where anything beyond a very light touch against a wall is boom-town, and the higher difficulties increase the minimum speed you have to maintain.

There's also escaping an exploding reactor through an obstacle-filled tunnel but also there are healing items which you MUST collect all of to have enough boost to make it out alive. The lowered time of the increased difficulty is such that on "very hard" with a perfect run you basically don't make it according to the timer, but you slip through before the exit fully closes off.

I'm so glad I never had to deal with Hard/Very Hard Story Mode to unlock the F-Zero AX Characters and Parts. All thanks to actually taking my GCN Memory Card every time I went to the arcade when we had an F-Zero AX machine all those years ago.

Yeah, if you want to unlock every Custom Ship part in GX, you need to either complete everything on Very Hard, or have access to an F-Zero AX machine and get parts/characters through that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

From what I've read it kind of sounds like Silicon Knights wasn't a very good dev without Nintendo helping them out

yeah everything I've read regarding their postmortem says that Nintendo had a firm hand on the pulse of that studio for ED. After that, they crumbled when they tried to do the XMen game. Reminds me of how Retro was strangled by Nintendo for a while and that's how they learned to do poo poo like Metroid Prime with a degree of tact.

Speaking of which---do the Prime games hold up? Should I bother playing the first Prime?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't even think it had much to do with Nintendo (the original Legacy of Kain was good for its time and that had nothing to do with Nintendo) but I just think Eternal Darkness' critical success went to the head of the company and they never really recovered. Most of the problems with Too Human sound a lot like ego and not listening to people and then after that turned out bad and they tried to somehow blame Epic, they then tried to make ED2 by pulling a Colonial Marines on a lovely X-men game but got crushed by Epic's countersuit and just ended up with that bad X-men game they could not not even legally sell as their swan song. The whole thing was just a mess and their downfall was 100% their fault.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

I don't even think it had much to do with Nintendo (the original Legacy of Kain was good for its time and that had nothing to do with Nintendo) but I just think Eternal Darkness' critical success went to the head of the company and they never really recovered. Most of the problems with Too Human sound a lot like ego and not listening to people and then after that turned out bad and they tried to somehow blame Epic, they then tried to make ED2 by pulling a Colonial Marines on a lovely X-men game but got crushed by Epic's countersuit and just ended up with that bad X-men game they could not not even legally sell as their swan song. The whole thing was just a mess and their downfall was 100% their fault.

To think, that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality. To see those who dwell behind…I was once a fool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Silicon Knights also made Twin Snakes with Konami, then they went to poo poo on their own

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

Speaking of which---do the Prime games hold up? Should I bother playing the first Prime?

lol of course it holds up metroid prime rules

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't think any game company has ever gotten owned quite as badly as SK did by Epic. The only thing close I can think of is EA just absolutely crushing that patent troll that had been suing every game that used the word "Edge" in their title for years.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Prime 2 is the best Prime, much like Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Metroid Prime is loving fantastic.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Gonna be a good day when they put the prime trilogy on switch

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Prime 2 is the best Prime, much like Dark Souls 2 is the best Dark

this is true if and only if you ignore the end game key hunt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is there a more perfect song/game trailer combination than Bartholomew/Dark Souls? I posit there isn't

• Locked thread