Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I haven't watched a UFC fight that didn't take place during sociable European hours for years now and I still post here and follow all the news for some reason

some of them are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

There's only so much blood in the human body. So to compensate for having ginormous gozongas, the brain will be getting less blood similar to when you drink a lot of beer.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

bloodshot slackjawed staring at a still life of Demian Maia holding Kamaru Usman in an abdominal stretch at 6am: UFC is good

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
fight pass is really good if you never watch anything live. you can just binge like holloway's last five fights in the same time it takes to watch a full card.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Foul Fowl posted:

fight pass is really good if you never watch anything live. you can just binge like holloway's last five fights in the same time it takes to watch a full card.

I have a buddy who briefly worked in a small town dvd rental place and he discovered there were people who followed ufc exclusively through dvd releases, which have like a 3+ month gap between events and release if they even still make them. This dude came in and picked up a copy of UFC 162 and told my friend at the desk "yeah Im a huge fan of this Anderson Silva guy. he has been champ for forever, Ive never even heard of Chris Weidman I cant wait to see how Anderson kicked his rear end"

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Bluedeanie posted:

I have a buddy who briefly worked in a small town dvd rental place and he discovered there were people who followed ufc exclusively through dvd releases, which have like a 3+ month gap between events and release if they even still make them. This dude came in and picked up a copy of UFC 162 and told my friend at the desk "yeah Im a huge fan of this Anderson Silva guy. he has been champ for forever, Ive never even heard of Chris Weidman I cant wait to see how Anderson kicked his rear end"

Hahaha thats great.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Bluedeanie posted:

That is such a level of purity and innocence it should remain undisturbed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bluedeanie posted:

This is good, but it'd be even better if it was about Luke Rockhold vs Michael Bisping.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
would require someone to be a huge fan of luke rockhold tho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deVoaRTfVqs

GSP live on the Joe Rogan podcast (live as of post time)

MotU posted:

The impossibility would add to the comedy

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

GSP is totally cool with steroids helping a man gently caress his wife when he “lose the edge.”

poo poo, now he’s talking about making GBS threads himself almost to death like that scene in Dreamcatcher.

Good listen.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
not watching but best wishes to gsp's large, powerful rear end

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

FishBowlRobot posted:

GSP is totally cool with steroids helping a man gently caress his wife when he “lose the edge.”

poo poo, now he’s talking about making GBS threads himself almost to death like that scene in Dreamcatcher.

Good listen.

Did someone give him a butt weasel?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

Can verify that this is an excellent use of time. Holloway vs. Ortega is going to loving own bones.

MotU posted:

It's possible that Luke Rockhold himself might come into the store.

Though now I'm worried that Rockhold might have managed to lose himself as a fan.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is good, but it'd be even better if it was about Luke Rockhold vs Michael Bisping.

I feel for Rockhold Bisping 2 to have been such a cosmic trip it would require you to be a close enough follower of mma that you were very familiar with both fighters, which isnt so for Anderson Weidman.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’ve watched like five PPVs and two TV cards in the past two years becuase I’m always busy Saturdays and don’t have cable, but I watch all the fight pass cards in Ulaan Bator or wherever and I watch old fights a couple of times a week. UFC is good and you don’t have to watch all the cards. Having some kind of brand split where they promote people to PPV or Fox might be good for following fighters but a nightmare for making fights.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
also it’s cool the UFC tripled their TV deal so now instead of whining about Debt the cool business goons can whine about there being too many fights (the exact same number as before the ESPN deal)

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

also it’s cool the UFC tripled their TV deal so now instead of whining about Debt the cool business goons can whine about there being too many fights (the exact same number as before the ESPN deal)

there have been too many for a while. so the fighters i give a poo poo about get spread out over more cards, meaning there's less incentive to watch any one card. which means i get less exposure to new guys coming up. i still watch probably half the cards, but usually not very attentively and i rarely bother with the undercard as more than background noise to whatever else i'm doing.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

there have been too many for a while. so the fighters i give a poo poo about get spread out over more cards, meaning there's less incentive to watch any one card. which means i get less exposure to new guys coming up. i still watch probably half the cards, but usually not very attentively and i rarely bother with the undercard as more than background noise to whatever else i'm doing.

I do have a feeling that my lack of interest compared to 2011-2012 is due to so many fights and fighters to follow. But on the other hand I usually enjoy the bad cards full of people I’ve never heard of nearly as much as big PPVs and back in 2011 I would voluntarily watch EFC Africa and knew who Matt Horwich was and now the UFC is all of my mma knowledge.

I don’t know what a solution is to making us gay nerds more involved. Or if they need one. I give the UFC as much if not more money as I ever did.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

There are too many fights either way.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
on the flip side though, once someone pops it's still pretty great. a year ago, most of us didnt really know who brian ortega was and now i cant wait to see him fight max for the belt

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

And Holloway himself went from an interesting prospect to a dominant champion in what seems like a heartbeat.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bluedeanie posted:

thats how I did it from the 90s to 2004 or so haha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Foul Fowl posted:

i still usually catch 1 per month but i saw most of Whittaker and some other guys this way.. it was really impressive to watch all whittakers fights back to back. Guys amazing and I can't believe how good at fighting he is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bluedeanie posted:

I hope he has somehow heard that Daniel Cormier remained champion after both his fights against Jon Jones, so his mind will REALLY be blown when he actually sees them.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

GSP "confessed" to poisoning Nick Diaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF9WNyi362Q&t=531s

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

"It's all a gay man! It's all a gay man" -- GSP

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

increase my strengt like the ulk

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
God bless that man
https://loopvideos.com/deVoaRTfVqs?from=535&to=538

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/frankshamrock/status/999429891006324737?s=21

:stare:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
frank shamrock is a lunatic. he might be telling the truth but he's also a supreme weirdo.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Can Dana not sue him into absolute oblivion for saying something like that if it's not true or do free speech rules in America mean you can just make stuff up?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

willie_dee posted:

Can Dana not sue him into absolute oblivion for saying something like that if it's not true or do free speech rules in America mean you can just make stuff up?

defamation requires damages.

e:vvvvvv loving :lol:

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 24, 2018

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
your honour i was defamed by frank shamrock

and what damages did you suffer mr white?

do you know how embarassing it is to come out of a fight against frank shamrock in 2018 and be the loser? i cant even look at myself in the mirror without seeing braces rising behind me, smiling a grin as metallic as the depth of industry

judgment for sixty billion dollars

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

defamation requires damages.

e:vvvvvv loving :lol:

Not necessarily. There is also defamation per se, which is where you are accused of something so heinous that you don't need to prove damages. Beating a woman might fall under that.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dana’s a public figure. Even with defamation per se he’d have to show actual malice or reckless disregard.

And, i mean, truth is always an absolute defense.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Frank's been saying the "Dana White beat up a lady" thing for years, ever since Dana backed up Mike Swick's reports of Frank Shamrock being a gym bully who hurt people for no reason.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
You can actually say whatever you want on Twitter

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Gay Horney posted:

You can actually say whatever you want on Twitter

https://twitter.com/PlatinumPerry/status/999712750933692416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Looks like Tyron Woodley needs to arrange another special showing of 12 Years a Slave

• Locked thread