Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Not sure what ultimateforce's shops name is, thought he used to work there, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Titan would know. They're in Orlando and would know someone in the Tampa/Sarasota area. Give them a call.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Taking it to orlando wouldn't be that big of a deal imo. I'd get a leakdown test done locally first tho.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

KakerMix posted:

Those brake pads that someone told me (not naming names :argh: ) absolutely do NOT fit the Prado. Nothing from the kit does because it's looking for a slightly larger caliper for everything to fit.

Awwww, damnit, I'm sorry man. :smith:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have never done one but a head gasket on a Toyota straight six should be doable in your driveway? I’ve done plenty of 4 cylinder Toyota and Honda’s with no garage just follow the steps and clean the deck good

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I did one in the driveway on a 1FZ-FE (4.5L inline 6). I bet it is bad on cylinder 6, Toyota inline 6 love to blow there. I'm assuming it has something to do with intake manifold shape or the EGR causing that cylinder to run hotter or something.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I did the daddy of the JZ, a 7M on my driveway. It was awkward but definitely doable and it was my first ever foray into car repair, so I kinda jumped in the deep end on that one. The 7M definitely suffered from re-circulation of the exhaust around the back of the head causing 6 in particular to get stupid hot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

I have never done one but a head gasket on a Toyota straight six should be doable in your driveway? I’ve done plenty of 4 cylinder Toyota and Honda’s with no garage just follow the steps and clean the deck good

He only has a carport but I suggested he could do all the teardown one night and put the parts in the car and close the hood then finish in the morning of gently caress all that noise and gimmie the car for a grand.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Kaker, you were most of the way there when you did the timing belt.

As an alternative, have you checked the torque on the head bolts? You can get at them easily enough.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh poo poo didnt think of that, worth a shot for sure.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
My invoice for getting Crown Majesta along with 6 inspections I have paid for is $3250

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

everdave posted:

I once did the head gasket on my girlfriend's '78 Celica (20R) in the parking lot of our apartment. First head gasket ever done (it wasn't the head gasket that was the problem...)

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Ruh roh - https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/trump-launches-probe-into-auto-imports-possible-tariffs/ar-AAxIxXd

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I worry about this both actually happening, and if it does (somehow) happen, affecting the sorts of importing we are doing like I worry about what our dear president tweets about, or what my neighbor is having for dinner, or what a man across town is doing on his phone.

Explaining the US to kids in 15 years is going to be hilarious.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

Explaining the US to kids in 15 years is going to be hilarious.

If you want a project, try to explain the motivation behind the Iraq war to a 13-year-old.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hey i got to explain to my ten yr old what masturbating means, said he heard it on the playground :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

If you want a project, try to explain the motivation behind the Iraq war to a 13-year-old.
*Opens Wikipedia to "Mesopotamia"....*

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Hey i got to explain to my ten yr old what masturbating means, said he heard it on the playground :v:

These two are directly related imho

If you guys wanted to get an AZ-1, well:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KakerMix posted:

These two are directly related imho

If you guys wanted to get an AZ-1, well:

Leno ruins everything.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

Leno ruins everything.

Counterpoint: Leno owns

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, he has lots of cool cars but he's kind of an rear end in a top hat.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Rhyno posted:

I mean, he has lots of cool cars but he's kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Citation needed

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

KakerMix posted:

Citation needed

Ask Conan O'Brien

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

Citation needed

See: anyone who has dealt with him outside of cars.

He's also a lazy gently caress. He doesn't do comedy specials, or allow ANY of his poo poo to be recorded, because then he has to write new poo poo. He basically still performs his same set from the 80s today, and freely admits it's only because he won't allow it to be recorded.

He's a douche.

I have his signature, and had to search his team's bags before they left our compound, but he's a giant loving mega ultra kyles mom sized douche.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah that whole huge public thing where he brute forced his way back into the Tonight Show is all the evidence anyone needs. Conan signed an NDA so the full details won't come forth any time soon but it's pretty clear that Leno is a huge dick.

And even thought my friend doesn't like to gossip (so i will), Leno tried repeatedly to buy his bike and just refuses to take no for an answer and has been a bothersome rear end about it.
The bike in question

Edit: I can't believe we had to have a "this is WHY Jay Leno is a lovely person" chat.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 25, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Leno sucks rear end as a comedian so I don't really care too much about that, I also don't really care too much about Conan or anything so really the only Leno I know about is cars so :toot:

Regardless, the point is AZ-1 value is just going to go up some more. Might buy another one :madmax:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Mother of God

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Incoming flame war. Why does anyone care about tv people? I watched Leno with my grandma back in the day we laughed. Who gives a poo poo man? I got an ex wife saying she won’t tell me where my kids are and y’all talking about tv.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

Mother of God

LoL, is that a good MoG? Because I know fuckall about bikes.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
That thing is amazing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

everdave posted:

Incoming flame war. Why does anyone care about tv people? I watched Leno with my grandma back in the day we laughed. Who gives a poo poo man? I got an ex wife saying she won’t tell me where my kids are and y’all talking about tv.

I like Jay Leno's Garage on the Youtoobs because he is absolutely a car guy through and through. He might be a irl prick but when he's just shooting the poo poo about cars it's a nice time. Sometimes poo poo gets flubbed though and I wonder about the AZ-1 thing since you know it's going to be filled with dad jokes of the 'heh TUNA CANS' jokes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

That thing is amazing.

Okay sweet! I will move this topic to the chat thread and see if I can get the build details from him.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
He likes cars he has lots of cool cars why do we care beyond that? I agree Kaker

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Inverted GSXR frontend kills it because it is too drat stiff for the frame to handle, but great otherwise.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KakerMix posted:

I like Jay Leno's Garage on the Youtoobs because he is absolutely a car guy through and through. He might be a irl prick but when he's just shooting the poo poo about cars it's a nice time. Sometimes poo poo gets flubbed though and I wonder about the AZ-1 thing since you know it's going to be filled with dad jokes of the 'heh TUNA CANS' jokes.

Because even when dealing woth just cars if there isn't a camera around he's a loving prick. Period, end of story.

I've run into him multiple times on backroads/canyons, both woth and without film crews. With film? Greatest guy ever! Without? If he wasn't rich he'd get punched in the loving throat and feel lucky that's all that happened.

Also that bike is awesome but yeah that front end is stiffer than any other piece on the thing. I can't imagine trying to brake and turn in.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Then punch him tell me More I am not pandering tell me about it I am super interested what did he do? I am no Leno apologist but I punch people when they need it always have hope this doesn’t sound condescending why does no one hand him his rear end?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Yeah, I like his car stuff, and I wouldn't mind a chat with him about some of it, but if it turned out the stories of him being a dick are true, I'd just ask him who he thinks he's talking to, same as anyone else.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

His car videos are OK, but I just wish it was someone else presenting them. He's not exactly very funny to begin with, and he makes the same dozen jokes over and over again. Also any time he has to speak to someone else about their car then you can see his eyes glaze over as soon as the other person starts talking, and he's just "yeah uh-huh" the whole time until its his turn to speak again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Yeah, I like his car stuff, and I wouldn't mind a chat with him about some of it, but if it turned out the stories of him being a dick are true, I'd just ask him who he thinks he's talking to, same as anyone else.

If they turn out to be true? There's like hundreds of testimonials in the Google search results AND the very public theft of the Tonight Show from Conan. Jay Leno is an rear end in a top hat. I can't wait for that NDA to expire so Conan can tell everything that he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
The real issue I have with Leno is I doubt he can fit in the AZ-1