Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

"My legs can hold my own weight" is not an achievement. I can leg press 300lbs and I also don't weigh 300lbs.

Though I am still a chub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, you should at minimum be able to do 1.5X your weight, just to be able to stand up and walk. If you can jump, it should go to 2X, which would also let you raise yourself with one leg.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
A standard leg press machine is 45*, so whatever weight you're pushing is really sin45 of your vertical effort that you'd be getting with squats. Sin 45 = 1/2 so literally if you weigh 200 pounds you should be pressing 400 to reach bodyweight

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Let the fat guy have this you monsters

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Zelder posted:

Let the fat guy have this you monsters

Pffft, please. I'm likely more of a goonomorph than him.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Loving this turn of phrase.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
K.A. Applegate's lesser known series

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Imagine I posted a fake Animorphs book cover with a teen boy transforming into that goon who puked on his shirt

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Imagine I posted a fake Animorphs book cover with a teen boy transforming into that goon who puked on his shirt

:sadfan:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
"Oh-ho! No crotchspawn can come near me to interrupt my cartoon viewing experience," I declare, oblivious to the rows immediately in front of and behind me.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

What loving cinema has assigned seats? Do they even have seat numbers? I've never even looked.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Drafthouse lets you reserve what seats you want

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Araenna posted:

What loving cinema has assigned seats? Do they even have seat numbers? I've never even looked.

Uh lots of them do nowadays

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Araenna posted:

Every single one in my area, and yes.

Also, the movie theatre employees are very strict about sitting in your assigned seat, so while this may be STDH, it's still plausible.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Every one of those loving things that starts with "be me" has been so dumb that I physically can't read them anymore. Like my eyes roll so hard it's not possible so I skip them every time.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Araenna posted:

In addition to what other posters have said, reserved, numbered seats have been the norm in many countries outside the US for a long time :eng101: Though I suspect the STDH writer here is from the US.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Dixville posted:

Every one of those loving things that starts with "be me" has been so dumb that I physically can't read them anymore. Like my eyes roll so hard it's not possible so I skip them every time.

"Ok, be me" - Uh thanks I'd rather not.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I will never go back to the old free for all days of finding a seat. Reserved seating with the nice recliners has spoiled me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Here in Norway all theaters are sorta lovely but at least have reserved seats. When I lived in Florida, at the multiplex or whatever, 99% of the theaters were beyond lovely and no reserved seats, except for the luxury dine-in theater which had reserved seats, huge rear end recliners with tables and alcohol serving. It was like a miniature society really, with the poor huddled masses in their lovely cheap seats and the lucky 1% in their comfortable recliners.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Len posted:

I will never go back to the old free for all days of finding a seat. Reserved seating with the nice recliners has spoiled me.

Yeah i went to a normie theater without reserved seats once in the last like 3 years and I was anxious waiting in line for tickets because it was an opening weekend and I've gotten so used to just walking in right on time and getting my preferred seats without a hassle.

It's so much better now you can just reserve seats a week+ in advance and not plan to get there to beat the lines or not get stuck in the front rows. A huge QoL upgrade.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Dixville posted:

That’s because it’s a 4chan meme that was universally understood to mean the story being told was fiction.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Huh, haven't seen that in my area at all. Most be somewhat regional? Like, we have Regal and everything, none of them do. Maybe for RPX they might? I never pay extra for those, just 3d. I know the normal ones never do that though.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The theater Mrs Underbridge and I always go to now has reserved, reclining seats with a fold-out tray to hold drinks & popcorn.

When we went to see Black Panther, this guy kept working down the aisle in front of us and eventually took a pair of seats. A few minutes later a couple comes in and tells him those are their seats and show him the numbers on their tickets. He gets all huffy but he and his girlfriend move to the back row at the end. As the end credits are rolling he goes to the couple and loudly tells them how rude it was that they made him leave the seats! My wife snapped, and told him to let it go, called him an rear end in a top hat. The poor couple just looked mortified and left. The assholes girlfriend walked around apologizing to everyone around them. Sadly, nobody applauded and I didn't see Einstein anywhere (despite the Vicodin).

That's my story about reserved seating, thanks for reading.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Araenna posted:

Huh, haven't seen that in my area at all. Most be somewhat regional? Like, we have Regal and everything, none of them do. Maybe for RPX they might? I never pay extra for those, just 3d. I know the normal ones never do that though.

There's two Regals near me one has the nice recliner seats with assigned seating and looks like a good place to go.

The other is right off the highway and looks like some dilapidated hell pit that does not.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Double Punctuation posted:

That’s because it’s a 4chan meme

Ftfy

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Len posted:

There's two Regals near me one has the nice recliner seats with assigned seating and looks like a good place to go.

The other is right off the highway and looks like some dilapidated hell pit that does not.

So weird. The nice theaters around here have the nice seats and all. But no assigned seating. I need to go to the movies next time I'm a few hours away from here, see if it's the whole area or just this part.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Many theaters have at least one fancy theater that is 21-and-over where they bring your food to your seat and serve alcoholicadult beverages.
I wonder if any of those theaters showed Zootopia because that would be funny. I know they showed Infinity War. True story, I accidentally got tickets to the not-21-and-over theater for Infinity War and someone's baby kept crying.
She had two other kids that were slightly older and they were well behaved. Stupid baby.

Edit: also, I had to go pee immediately after the movie because it was very long and my wife was sitting in the hallway. She saw a family come out and the young boy was crying and being comforted. Like, you might want to read reviews or something before you take your kid who loves superheroes to a movie where a bunch of them die. I mean, as an adult, I know they are going to retcon most of those because new movies are already scheduled, but for a kid, it's just devastating.

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 19:02 on May 25, 2018

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, if you're gonna take your little kids to that movie, you should pack up and go when Thor hits Thanos with the axe and tell them the superheroes won

E: Added spoiler tags as suggested

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 23:13 on May 29, 2018

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015
Someone on my FB (hey, maybe this is stdh.txt and I didn't even know!) just saw Deadpool 2 and said a kid was playing with a toy fire truck in the aisle the whole time. Infinity War I can kinda understand, the other Avengers movies are much more family friendly, but Deadpool? :doh:

There were kids in the seats next to me at Infinity War, and this little girl would get so excited every time she saw Black Panther that she would clap her hands and smack her dad on the leg. By the end of the movie she was just sitting in her dad's lap, crying. I felt so bad :ohdear:

Also loving lol @ the guy up the page who can leg press 300lbs or whatever, I am a 5'3'' woman and can easily do that :shrug:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
When I saw Deadpool 2 there was an entire family there. Mom, dad and kids.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
have fun explaining to your kids what a strap-on is, I guess

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Kevin Palpatine posted:

have fun explaining to your kids what a strap-on is, I guess

"Ehh, I'll tell you when you're older."
Taking babies to the movies is unacceptable though. Both for the crying and the fact it's probably way too loud for their developing ears.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I went to a midnight showing of the Evil Dead remake and their were parents with toddlers there.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Look, those parents are loving amateurs compared to the couple I sat next to at Schindler's List, who brought a 3-4 year old girl who, happily, fell asleep about a half-hour into the movie.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

AlbieQuirky posted:

Look, those parents are loving amateurs compared to the couple I sat next to at Schindler's List, who brought a 3-4 year old girl who, happily, fell asleep about a half-hour into the movie.

Better than people making out during it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh poo poo that reminds me: when my mom was going through a hardcore born again Christian phase she took my sister to see Passion of the Christ. My sister was 10 at the time.

She cried a lot apparently.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Yeah, get out of here with that poo poo Rebecca.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If a 3 year old is smarter than you, then you’re pretty loving stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Never heard of the Library of Alexandria? Shows how smart that 3 year old is