Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Don't gotta imagine mate, I live it :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Im bummed I liked Span and I was not ready to be hurt again so soon.

Otoh all the Rays writers on twitter seem to think it will be more fun when they promote even more prospects to replace Colome and Span so okay.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

algebra testes posted:

Im bummed I liked Span and I was not ready to be hurt again so soon.

Otoh all the Rays writers on twitter seem to think it will be more fun when they promote even more prospects to replace Colome and Span so okay.

They have some good pitchers in AAA and I *guess* they just slot Gomez back into the outfield when he comes off the DL. Gomez/Mallex/Field seems... okay. Colome was pretty trash, I’m going to miss Span.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
The Mariners are headed into the 9th for their 22nd one run game of the season.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Apparently Alex Cora has a deal with Devers in which he gets a $50 every time he draws a walk. I like this dumb sort of gimmick and hope it works.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Chexoid posted:

Uploading Da_Good_Shit.jpg

oh man is that Dante's kid too?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mister Perky posted:

yyyyyup

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves bad again, I am insanely disappointed in this exciting division leading team full of likeable players that was projected to win like 76 games

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Niwrad posted:

When it comes to pitchers, trade them when you can. Odds of them either getting hurt or in the case of a reliever, seeing their performance dip is too great. Cubs learned that lesson when they hung on to Garza for too long.

Tigers should have traded Michael Fulmer at the deadline but they were really dumb :(

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I wonder if Díaz will challenge the single season save record at this rate.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Mister Perky posted:

The regular second baseman in that AA infield is Cavan Biggio, who gets to join Vlad in laughing at Bo for having a dad who was just a mere All-Star.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

pseudodragon posted:

The regular second baseman in that AA infield is Cavan Biggio, who gets to join Vlad in laughing at Bo for having a dad who was just a mere All-Star.

Blue Jays' drafting strategy is just eugenics.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

HEY NONG MAN posted:

And another win. :smug:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

pseudodragon posted:

Pretty sure they also have Kacy Clemens, son of Roger Clemens, in their minor league system

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

*Solemnly nodding and signing the "Loose Buttholes ONLY" paper with the same sense of purpose and conviction that the founding fathers had when signing the Declaration of Independence.*

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Pretty sure they also have Kacy Clemens, son of Roger Clemens, in their minor league system

Yes.

Also Mark Grudzelaniaks kid.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Kody Clemens is the next in the pipeline, that kid can crush.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Earlier this week I posted about my brother's former teammate and well, put this dude in the majors already.

https://www.mlb.com/news/shane-bieber-throws-no-hitter-for-clippers/c-278337016

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1000409312408186882?s=19

We're in a special game territory.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
He's got zero errors in non catcher positions, he can play anything!!!!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Braves bad again, I am insanely disappointed in this exciting division leading team full of likeable players that was projected to win like 76 games

I realize you're kidding but they lost to the red Sox who are probably the best team in baseball and dropped a series to the phillies which is probably an outlier considering the Braves have kicked their rear end all season.

I'm not worried yet until they start dropping to the Mets next week

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I realize you're kidding but they lost to the red Sox who are probably the best team in baseball and dropped a series to the phillies which is probably an outlier considering the Braves have kicked their rear end all season.

I'm not worried yet until they start dropping to the Mets next week
All true, really should be grateful they scored three runs in the Philly series and still took a game. Last night I just found myself thinking this looks like a team that could use a day off before remembering they actually were off the day before.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Greg Holland was put on the DL with "having a BB/9 above 10"-itis

he turned down almost the same offer the Rockies gave to Wade Davis, it didn't have that 4th year attached to it.

thank loving christ.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the brewers are giving away a "Connor Shaw MAyor of Ding Dong City" bobblehead

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm going to be getting one of them, I am pretty excited.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

At work and not really into the work day? Remember Tony Plush? Ivan Super Nova? Did you know that Captain Underpants is still playing ball? Baseball Reference has ALL the nicknames. Baseball never forgets.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/baseball-player-nicknames.shtml

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

the popes toes posted:

At work and not really into the work day? Remember Tony Plush? Ivan Super Nova? Did you know that Captain Underpants is still playing ball? Baseball Reference has ALL the nicknames. Baseball never forgets.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/baseball-player-nicknames.shtml

quote:

Manny Machado - Hakuna Machado, Baby Face Assassin, Mr. Miami

These are not baseball nicknames, these are professional wrestling in-ring personas.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

This owns

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/1000174214584954880

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I will provide mediocre oral sex to the first front office executive who gives the Braves a decent middle reliever

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Thats a cool bobble head but the only Mayor I will ever recognize is Sean Casey.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I do enjoy the attention to detail in actually creating a logo for Ding Dong City

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tom Gorman posted:

I do enjoy the attention to detail in actually creating a logo for Ding Dong City

I want it on a hat, honestly.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

R.D. Mangles posted:

Travis Shaw?

Sean Casey is the only Mayor of baseball. Shaw barely even plays first base how can he be the Mayor? And only 73 career ding dongs at that.

That is a cool bobblehead though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Good Dog posted:

Travis Shaw?

Sean Casey is the only Mayor of baseball. Shaw barely even plays first base how can he be the Mayor? And only 73 career ding dongs at that.

That is a cool bobblehead though.

oh no i looked up where i heard the name "connor shaw" before and he was a lovely bears backup quarterback

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

iospace posted:

Look up completos

drat, I didn't even know this was a thing. :stare: I'm from Chicago so I have pretty strong opinions on what should go on a [Chicago-style] dog, but I'd never heard of mayo on one. :shrug:

I think it's odd that so many of the players like ketchup on their hot dogs, but then again they're from all over so it's not that surprising. Furthermore...

Intruder posted:

imagine caring what people put on their hot dogs/pizza

This: it doesn't matter what other people put on their own food because they're the ones who have to eat it, not you. By all means, put all the mayo & ketchup you want on your hot dog.

Poque posted:

The Chicago Dogs have a player named "Craig Maddox" and this makes me insanely happy

Favorite hot dog: MEAT AND BUN

I saw that too, but he's not a pitcher?!?!? :confuoot:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/BruceMiles2112/status/1000504340799508480?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Russel Martin is playing shortstop

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is this another phantom DL thing to avoid making him have to start on primetime ESPN tomorrow night?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

yu has been an unmitigated disaster so far, i hope he turns it around he is cool as poo poo

chatwood can gently caress the gently caress off though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Oh my God, the DirecTV "more for your thing" commercial, with its stupid-rear end siren, needs to get the gently caress off MLB.tv.

• Locked thread