Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

On the other hand, Yakuza made me sign up for a year of Muay Thai classes and challenge my college nemesis to a fistfight (with gloves, obviously) in a year from now. Majima is my mom and moms are tough.

So you are one of those nerds who declared another nerd you nemesis because his cosplay was the same as yours but better/he always won in chess club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

If you have an Indigo Peehole, you might want to consult your doctor

my doctor turned into the internet and tried to eat me

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

I just Youtube'd the endings and I can assure you it's stilll bad

just the fact that it has president clinton, except shes trump!!!! is enough for it to go to the garbage. how do you come with an idea that stupid

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

she's not Trump, she's a vlogger, maybe even

a Gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

she's not Trump, she's a vlogger, maybe even

a Gamer

im a vloger
im a gamer
im a midniiiiight toker

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol the quantitative adjectives followed by just "No"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

has anyone said "Detroit: Become Too Human" yet

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

2 Fast 2 Human

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Detroit and The Furious.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Detroit Only Memories

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A YouTuber I like is playing through Detroit and I don’t know if I want to watch it. Been watching Simpsons clips for now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

A YouTuber I like is playing through Detroit and I don’t know if I want to watch it. Been watching Simpsons clips for now

A new viral meme brews

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Detroit Rock Human

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i played detroit for two hours last night (assuaged my guilt by only renting it) and had fun that's my story

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I am okay with skipping the game in which the white Frenchman teaches me about racism against blacks in America.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I am okay with skipping the game in which the white Frenchman teaches me about racism against blacks in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He09JaBVZdE

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i played detroit for two hours last night (assuaged my guilt by only renting it) and had fun that's my story

please don't feel guilty about playing the new video game!

i mean it's not like it's kingdom come

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, Uncharted looked so much easier in Chip's LP.

Maybe I just video game bad :negative:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Rarity posted:

All Uncharted games should be played on Easy

Even if you want to keep your pride, there's at least one Bullshit Moment in every single one and you're going to be thankful

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I beat them on normal when i was a very bad at games teen so if you don't do it too you're weak, and a coward :twisted:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Rarity posted:

You playing the first one? Cuz the first one is pretty rough around the edges.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

UC1 is recognized as a not especially good shootgame

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still enjoy 1, or at least the revamped PS4 version, but I'm aware that's not terribly common.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

please don't feel guilty about playing the new video game!

i mean it's not like it's kingdom come

That game has such an incredible concept I'm willing to ensure a bit of MRA bullshit for it

Not willing to spend real money for the privilege of enduring said bullshit though so I'm waiting for a deep sale in a few years

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

I still enjoy 1, or at least the revamped PS4 version, but I'm aware that's not terribly common.

UC1 takes some getting used to because “enemies lose accuracy and are easier to hit when you rush them” is such a weird and backwards concept in games that it’s really hard to gel with.

If you can manage that it’s a great game, though they did balance it way better in UC2 and beyond.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dewgy posted:

UC1 takes some getting used to because “enemies lose accuracy and are easier to hit when you rush them” is such a weird and backwards concept in games that it’s really hard to gel with.

If you can manage that it’s a great game, though they did balance it way better in UC2 and beyond.

Not to a diehard Sony veteran, that was the entire concept behind Syphon Filter and I maintain that was a good shootmans game!

The actual secret to Uncharted is that popping out of cover is the most inefficient way to run. Always be running, always be firing from the hip, and close the distance because your fists kill guys faster than your guns. PG-13 action movie rules.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Motto posted:

UC1 is recognized as a not especially good shootgame

I think this is just because the genre improved on it after the fact. The only real comparison I've experienced is Gears of War and I'm liking Uncharted's combat way more. It's smoother and faster and the melee moves make moving between cover much easier.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm playing Tomb Raider Anniversary and I can't remember which game started the "press button to regain your composure" mechanic. Anniversary and Drake's Fortune are contemporaries, there's no way they informed either but I think Drake's Fortune has these weird balancing mini-games because SIX-AXIS and I don't remember if it's Tomb Raider 2013 that carries this tradition or if it's an Uncharted game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That's only a small part of the game, the main theme for all the characters is authority/parental issues. If you're gonna lazily dismiss something, at least lazily dismiss the right thing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Uncharted is a big dumb action movie and you're a big dumb action hero and you should run around just shooting wildly and yet with perfect accuracy while being unfazed by the millions of bullets that are hitting you

Any other playstyle is objectively wrong :colbert:

It's not, but the gameplay is definitely not the high mark of the series and you should try to make things easier on yourself instead of risking getting burned out

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Samuringa posted:

Uncharted is a big dumb action movie and you're a big dumb action hero and you should run around just shooting wildly and yet with perfect accuracy while being unfazed by the millions of bullets that are hitting you

Any other playstyle is objectively wrong :colbert:

It's not, but the gameplay is definitely not the high mark of the series and you should try to make things easier on yourself instead of risking getting burned out

I'm nowhere near burning out. I've made it halfway through the game and loving the poo poo out of it. Even though it's hard death is so very cheap and the combat is so fun that I don't mind that much.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

I'm nowhere near burning out. I've made it halfway through the game and loving the poo poo out of it. Even though it's hard death is so very cheap and the combat is so fun that I don't mind that much.

The best thing about Uncharted games is how if you die you come back instantly with no loading screen. Really helps incentivize one to play them like a crazy moron :supaburn:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

precision posted:

The best thing about Uncharted games is how if you die you come back instantly with no loading screen. Really helps incentivize one to play them like a crazy moron :supaburn:

Your punishment for dying is *farting horns* "Nate! No!"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

You can really tell someone at Naughty Dog hated the death music for Uncharted 3 because the evolution is like

Uncharted 1: blaring horns that trail away to silence as the screen fades to black
Uncharted 2: drawn out flourish reminding you how brutal this game is and that you suck
Uncharted 3: basically the exact same as the second game but LOUDER AND MORE CHAOTIC
Uncharted 4: low rumbling of a drum, barely audible, "gently caress the sound designer of Uncharted 3" -Steve the sound guy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

precision posted:

That's only a small part of the game, the main theme for all the characters is authority/parental issues. If you're gonna lazily dismiss something, at least lazily dismiss the right thing.

yeah thats not right

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Seeing all these ToF screenshots has been great, I love that it’s more or less just as pretty as I remembered. Johnny Wolf. :allears:

That game just took the PS1’s limitations and made a freaking style out of it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's honestly what kept me going in UC. You die? No load time, just right back in and try a different solution.

I died alot to the final boss of UC1 on Hard.

Fuuuck that fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Does the difficulty make a difference? It's a QTE sequence.

• Locked thread