Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Well I was interested in the other ones but the season pass/premium thing always put me off (lootboxes too but I think they were cosmetic stuff only in BF so w/e)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Battlefield 1 had similar bullshit where the cover was of an black man and racist gamers flipped their poo poo.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm looking to get $27k from my patreon this month so I can buy the new star citizen ship pack, who wants to chip in

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Being an internet shitposter means the goalpost is strapped to your back. History is less important than being right.

I said come in! posted:

Battlefield 1 had similar bullshit where the cover was of an black man and racist gamers flipped their poo poo.

The next Battlefield should be about the Haitian revolution except you only play as Louverture.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I love how Reggie is a permanent part of Haitian history and excellence. Among all these people, political figures, entertainers and even spiritual leaders. And then right there among the second group is the Father of the Bigfoot Pizza himself.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I love how Reggie is a permanent part of Haitian history and excellence. Among all these people, political figures, entertainers and even spiritual leaders. And then right there among the second group is the Father of the Bigfoot Pizza himself.

If you wouldn't bestow your country's highest honor to the pizza man, what the gently caress good is it?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Even renowned civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois' body wasn't ready all the time like Reggie's is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Drakengard update:

Endings B and D attained, but I am still clueless how I’m supposed to beat the boss in under 4:20 for ending C.

Sakurazuka was right though. I definitely wasn’t ready for how weird this is getting.

I mean, (B ending) giant monster princess who shanks the whiny bard I can handle. Hell, I even approve of it! But (D ending) giant space babies being spewed from a featureless pregnant woman who puts an octuplets’ baby bump to absolute shame, and they straight up loving eat everyone except one character? Ok. Yeah. That was loving weird.

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 28, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Nier is a sequel to the time travel ending

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't remember having much trouble getting ending C but one of the weapons you need for the final ending is also on a time limit and is an absolute fucker.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Nier is a sequel to the time travel ending
It's not time travel, its dimensional travel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish Mech Assault was on Xbox compatibility.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't remember having much trouble getting ending C but one of the weapons you need for the final ending is also on a time limit and is an absolute fucker.

It’s not a hard fight but getting enough opportunities to do damage quickly is a real pain. My best right now is 11 minutes just because he dodges through everything except during one or two specific attacks. :saddowns:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Sen's fortress.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

It’s a great zone

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hunt11 posted:

First time going through I take it?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

First time going through I take it?

Never played the original so yes it is.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
can anybody report if remastered runs better than the original cause that's the one big reason i'd pick it up if i get the chance

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

can anybody report if remastered runs better than the original cause that's the one big reason i'd pick it up if i get the chance

On console at least, everything I've heard indicates yes. Blighttown is apparently a smooth 60fps now

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is Dingo Egret too dumb to realize ADA is an AI, or is he simply a bleeding edge advocate of AI rights by shipping ADA and Leo?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

chumbler posted:

Is Dingo Egret too dumb to realize ADA is an AI, or is he simply a bleeding edge advocate of AI rights by shipping ADA and Leo?

Yes

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sadder than I thought I'd be about John Bain passing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Sen's Fortress owns for how malevolent the environment itself is

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Hunt11 posted:

Never played the original so yes it is.

Oh drat, well you are in for a ride.

God I wish i could go back to those days when I went to the souls games blind.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

It's steady 60fps the whole time, though weirdly I got some framedrops in New Londo, it was either just a random hiccup or I had 20 ghosts following me.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

It's steady 60fps the whole time, though weirdly I got some framedrops in New Londo, it was either just a random hiccup or I had 20 ghosts following me.
Samet thing happened to me. Happened as I was climbing a ladder as ghosts were ghosting me IIRC.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

What's the point of robots if we don't get to gently caress them

https://twitter.com/ChuckConcrete/status/956175975624175616

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Trying to get into Far Cry 2 for the third time. Youtube essayists keep championing it whenever the other Far Cries come up but I don’t think it’s very fun

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Trying to get into Far Cry 2 for the third time. Youtube essayists keep championing it whenever the other Far Cries come up but I don’t think it’s very fun
which part do you not think is fun

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

It's not

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've started playing Ashes of the Singularity. I like how you can build huge armies. :homebrew:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hunt11 posted:

I just beat it 100% items in one life because i am a god

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Probably garbage Daily Mail-headline-bait game Agony required to remove 20 seconds of content to release on any platform. Clearly this is the worst tragedy to befall mankind.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Battlefield games gotta drum up controversy with their box art or whatever to keep people from looking at their gameplay, which even when portrayed in fake gameplay footage, looks bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

which part do you not think is fun

Being shot by enemies I can’t discern from the backgrounds mostly tbh

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean, only a loving idiot would consider putting a black guy or a woman on the cover controversial

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Far Cry 2 is really technically competent with a lot of great details but it is an absolute bore. It's crazy how much work was put into literally everything except gameplay. It was MGS5 like 6 years prior.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

It's only fun if you do nothing but blow poo poo up.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Far Cry 2 is a rad game that cuts right to the good stuff, diamonds aside. The convoy missions were amazing and the fire tech was fantastic. The buddy system is something I wish more people ripped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

New Concept Hole posted:

Battlefield games gotta drum up controversy with their box art or whatever to keep people from looking at their gameplay, which even when portrayed in fake gameplay footage, looks bad

battlefield games are still doing poo poo in multiplayer no other games are really even trying so its not like they have any competition

• Locked thread