Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Impressive for sure, but I don't think I could ever play a ranged-only game like that. I have to jump into the fray sometimes, or it's like I'm not playing Vermintide at all.

Thinking about it, what did you do when you were overheating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
I use the staff trait that reduces overheat by 20% and one of the accessory traits that reduces cooldown by 10%. So with Fireball it's pretty easy to consistently shoot lightly charged fireballs or no-charge m1's until you get into the red and then just shoot that high-crit-chance skull into the dome of a Chaos Warrior or whatever and go back to horde control.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Elf loadout of the week:

Daggers and Short bow. On waystalker, of course.

Yes, your most common activity here is to stand back and spam down hordes, but hear me out. While melee is nice, it does have the side effect of keeping you bound up in enemy aggro at all times. Which.. everyone else will likely be doing as well. Which makes responding to unexpected threats kind of difficult. One of the biggest issues in higher difficulty is anyone responding to specials in time in the middle of a horde. Ranged holds less of a risk of getting bound in aggro with a lot of units even if you can handle it, and the daggers are fully capable of beasting a horde on it's own if you are skilled enough. The short bow is much more suited to spamming out shots to a horde, and it's fast enough to stay in 'brawling range' if that's you're pleasure. If anything tougher than a some dude with gangrene shows up, you whip out the daggers and use the old double donk on it. Dead nice and easy. Then back to the shortbow. Shortbow's monster DPS is actually not that bad either.

Basically your job is playing overwatch for the group while using the short bow to stay relevant to the current fight from afar.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

HAHAHA YES! CHOP CHOP CHOP!! :black101:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah the ranger ult nerf really makes the 2h axe shine even more--if it turns out that removing the circle for that lv25 talent is a bug i think it will pretty much kill the ranger though. The rangers ranged options are just lack luster when weighed against not being able to leave that circle. Getting all the fun i can out of the ranger now before they end up "fixing" it somehow then i'll be a slayer forever haha.

I'm having a hard time playing until they add more cosmetics into the game, hopefully mod support drops at the same time so we can get numbers to find out whats broken every patch and avoid it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the day handmaiden and ranger get their stealth fixed will be very sad

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm wary of trusting any stealth ability for the stealth itself when the length of time I think I have to stay stealthed before I'm "safe" only ever increases

I think my record is currently 8 seconds into a smoke bomb when a stormvermin just ran up and chopped me. I knew stealth would be unreliable trash the moment I saw it in the game

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Elf loadout of the week:

Daggers and Short bow. On waystalker, of course.

Basically your job is playing overwatch for the group while using the short bow to stay relevant to the current fight from afar.

For me when I see one of the pubbies is a Waystalker with DD and a swiftbow I'm assuming I 'get' to snipe all the specials because she will be too busy legolas-ing into the horde, uselessly, while the globadier is warming up his pitching arm in plain sight.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
It would be really nice if they added some sort of orange -> red upgrade path. I've got 200 hrs under my belt and no red weapons (gotten like 6 pieces of gear though). 50 orange dust to a red? Come on fatshark.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got a red trinket and spent all of my green dust (70) getting curse res/crit chance and literally didn't roll those two properties until my last piece of green dust

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I want a red trinket so bad, though I guess +4% Crit Chance/33% Curse Resistance is pretty close. It's just not quite perfect, and that bugs me.

I've actually found quite a few red weapons, just none that I would actually want to use.

They should make it so you can spend 100 orange dust to upgrade orange to red, something like that. Prohibitive enough that you won't be rolling in reds, but still reliable for someone who's played for a while.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

drat, that's nice. I should try out the 2h axe now.

Hopefully the next patch does something with reds although afaik they've only mentioned cosmetics. I played 130ish hours before I got my first red then I got a second a week later. Yesterday I got two in one chest so yeah, it's such a low drop rate you just have to cross your fingers.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

drat, that's nice. I should try out the 2h axe now.

Hopefully the next patch does something with reds although afaik they've only mentioned cosmetics. I played 130ish hours before I got my first red then I got a second a week later. Yesterday I got two in one chest so yeah, it's such a low drop rate you just have to cross your fingers.

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO LEGENDARY

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Willie Tomg posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO LEGENDARY

I already do legendary most of the time.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Haha i enjoyed the gently caress outta VT1 and i'm sure VT2 will get sorted out but just not for a year.

Yeah if you honestly really want reds farm legend--the fort map is my favorite legend farming map because its relatively short and the last part is super easy with full books. When cosmetics are in i'm going to run it a few times a week.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

please source your quotes

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Source your imgs.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Dedicated servers need to get here soon though. I tried 5 games today, 3 of them I joined on a ragequitter, literally 5 esconds before the 'Defeated' screen, 2 where the host crapped out about 3/4th in.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

If they don't release dedicated server support I think I'm done with Fatshark entirely.

As much fun as Rat Smash 2 is nothing is more dissatisfying than you host's network hiccup dropping connection. Even if you manage to join back via host being on your Steam friends list some one else took your character so you end up joining with some weird experimental build that you can't remember what you going for because you can't look at your loving loadout when you're in game.

And that's even in the best scenario when it's not just a flat out host-crash.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Fishstick posted:

For me when I see one of the pubbies is a Waystalker with DD and a swiftbow I'm assuming I 'get' to snipe all the specials because she will be too busy legolas-ing into the horde, uselessly, while the globadier is warming up his pitching arm in plain sight.

They need to learn to aim. The swift bow does fine against specials.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
So the way things will (likely) usually go doing this is requiring a follow up shot to finish the special off. More if you suck and can't aim for the head with your charged shots. The initial shot will still stun the special out of trying to attack your team, and stopping it from hurting anyone is the real goal of any special handler. A special that can't do anything is dead to rights.

That said, even if you've rendered the special harmless, that you take a follow up shot to kill the thing also gives your team an opening to turn and finish it off for you. Nevermind that it was already handled. Nevermind you already did half or more the damage to kill it. Nevermind they get hit in the back cause they were preoccupied in melee at the time. Nevermind that they wouldn't have spotted it without your pointing it out, nor hit it in time to stop it from attacking, if you hadn't acted first. Yeah a teammate will probably end up finishing it off and get the kill credit. Yes the short bow sure is doing 'nothing'.

Though legit there's little excuse for hitting teammates in the back with the short bow. It's REALLY easy to handle and doesn't gently caress your aim up by unnecessarily zooming in (with no option to set default zoom level). Not to mention holding a shot doesn't slow you down like other weapons, and the projectile goes fast and straight. Aiming around teammates should be trivial.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Arghy posted:

Haha i enjoyed the gently caress outta VT1 and i'm sure VT2 will get sorted out but just not for a year.

Yeah if you honestly really want reds farm legend--the fort map is my favorite legend farming map because its relatively short and the last part is super easy with full books. When cosmetics are in i'm going to run it a few times a week.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

please source your quotes

AndyElusive posted:

Source your imgs.

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/riot/23578

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
well now i'm sorry i asked

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

WE ALL GOT SCAMMED, MAYFLIES!

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Valaya's Helm, a scammahhea!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Does Hagbane DOT hit activate through Armor unless it's a headshot? More specifically, some bosses like Ribspreader it didn't seem to do anything at all and he's insanely hard to headshot anyways. I guess on those maps you basically just want to hold a Strength pot to make it work?

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
*in high pitched whine* I WANT MY FEATURES NAOooooo!!

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
While asking for a refund on the basis of being scammed is a step too far, there's a real issue here with a disgruntled playerbase that is shrinking by the day. Being derisive of people's concerns about the health of the game is a good way to drive people away even faster.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Just had a Legend run of Empire in Flames get scrubbed in the finale because one of our players got trapped in the level geometry. I've also encountered a few places like that on Into the Nest. It's great that when Fatshark went back and fixed the level geometry to stop Ratling guns from shooting through walls they also created a bunch of geometry errors that can trap players for walking over a box.

Also Blighstormers can still target through fences that block projectiles.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Fuuka Ayase posted:

While asking for a refund on the basis of being scammed is a step too far, there's a real issue here with a disgruntled playerbase that is shrinking by the day. Being derisive of people's concerns about the health of the game is a good way to drive people away even faster.

oh no if we express positive opinions everyone will leave the game

you do realize how dumb this sounds right

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

oh no if we express positive opinions everyone will leave the game

you do realize how dumb this sounds right

That's not what this is about. This kind of dismissive reply is exactly what I mean.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Fuuka Ayase posted:

That's not what this is about. This kind of dismissive reply is exactly what I mean.

sorry, but claiming that being disagreed with about video games on the internet affects whether people buy this game or not is a pretty unfortunate argument.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Fishstick posted:

Dedicated servers need to get here soon though. I tried 5 games today, 3 of them I joined on a ragequitter, literally 5 esconds before the 'Defeated' screen, 2 where the host crapped out about 3/4th in.

This is really why I quit playing Vermintide 2. Got tired of half my games winding up in zero-profit disconnects. If they'd at least make a disconnect count as a loss I'd get something out of it.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

sorry, but claiming that being disagreed with about video games on the internet affects whether people buy this game or not is a pretty unfortunate argument.

It's not about basic disagreement either. It's about dismissive or even derisive disagreement. As if the other party has no right to an opinion in the first place.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Xaris posted:

Does Hagbane DOT hit activate through Armor unless it's a headshot? More specifically, some bosses like Ribspreader it didn't seem to do anything at all and he's insanely hard to headshot anyways. I guess on those maps you basically just want to hold a Strength pot to make it work?

On armored dummies it does, the dot hits for all ticks regardless if your initial impact shot did any damage.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I hope Dedicated Servers don't actually prevent host quitting from ending the game. I wanna see the meltdown to follow.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
OH christ that would be the gently caress up of the century.

Lets add 'everyone now gets to enjoy high ping client side gameplay' and 'now everything that didn't work client side never works again' to that list. Then it's a real party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

i feel like this thread would be a lot better if you just quit this ggame