Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Twistershift posted:

Or, you know, use a spoon.

:same:

If one really feels the need to use the knife method, couldn't you just put the Avocado on a cutting board, steady it with one hand, and knife it with the other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
You definitely could. You honestly don't even need to steady it. I worked as a prep cook for a while and the way they taught us to pit the avocado was to set it down on a cutting board and use a knife. You'll ruin less of the flesh that way, too. Just a short, hard whack with a knife to sink it in decently then a quick turn to free the pit. There 100% was a guy who stabbed through his own hand though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just squeeze the goddamn avacado until the guts spill out, voila instant guacamole

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lodin posted:

I have never eaten an avocado in my whole life. I should probably get around to trying one or guac-dip.

mf lookin like quasimoto the serial killer

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh drat, I forgot about this

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Twistershift posted:

Or, you know, use a spoon.

And ruin the hone on my spoon?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cursed Image:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

If only she'd remembered that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

If one really feels the need to use the knife method, couldn't you just put the Avocado on a cutting board, steady it with one hand, and knife it with the other?

you can just use a knife normally while holding it too without risk of injurying yourself if you aren't a dumbass

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you can't pit an avacado without going to the ER... maybe you are truly cursed

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

hemale in pain posted:

you can just use a knife normally while holding it too without risk of injurying yourself if you aren't a dumbass

Haha what reality are you in where the overwhelming majority of people aren't helpless idiots?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

yeah or hold the avocado half with a towel or oven mitt, if you are so nervous or lacking in dexterity that there is a chance you could injure yourself doing a very basic kitchen move

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
There's a few options between "use a spoon" and "stab a knife towards your palm as hard as you can" when it comes to coring an avocado. Seems like it would take actual effort to injure yourself in the process.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bobby Hill?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
bunch of morons talking about how to prepare an avocado it's pretty loving simple it shouldn't even be a discuss-----poo poo

JarJarBinks
May 26, 2018

by R. Guyovich
took this image on the bus yesterday

have no idea why there's so much loving hair

i think it p cursed tbh fam

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I pit avocados by holding the one half in my left hand and then firing a gun into it with my right hand.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Krankenstyle posted:

I pit avocados by holding the one half in my left hand and then firing a gun into it with my right hand.

Also holding one in your clenched fist and then placing both under a 1 ton press does the trick as well, with the added bonus of no sharp blades cause those are scary.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tumble posted:

bunch of morons talking about how to prepare an avocado it's pretty loving simple it shouldn't even be a discuss-----poo poo

That's a photoshop, right? No one could be that dumb.

Oh God, she is, right? Is he the cousin of the guy who put his hands in the blender to see if the fans were working. Maybe daughter of that woman who decided to check with her head if the water was heating up.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 30, 2018

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

ZearothK posted:

That's a photoshop, right? No one could be that dumb.

Oh God, she is, right? Is he the cousin of the guy who put his hands in the blender to see if the fans were working. Maybe daughter of that woman who decided to check with her head if the water was heating up.

yup people are that dumb

my friend came over for the superbowl this year and brought a bunch of avocados to make guacamole with and when I look over he's removing the pits exactly like this; jabbing them with a steak knife while holding it exactly like this picture

I'm like "DUDE STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!?" and he says "I'm getting the pit out, this is how my grandma taught me to do it" and so I showed him both this picture and the proper way to do it before he ended up like like this with a knife through his hand.

he was loving stabbing too, I heard him growling because he couldn't the tip of the knife in good enough.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 30, 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Maybe someone should market a very short bladed knife for idiots to use for this purpose

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s like one loving step below digging your toast out of the toaster with a fork.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you dont stab the pit, you whack it with the long edge of the knife

i probably pitted 10,000 avocados making guacamole in college, every single one of them with a light tap of a sharp knife

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Wait, you guys don't eat the pits?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

LawfulWaffle posted:

Wait, you guys don't eat the pits?

Not whole

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
imagine four pits on the edge of a dull knife

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I've seen pre sliced bell peppers and pre-chopped red onion in Sobey's. Like, if you need it in bulk that's not a bad idea but who can't cut up one onion?

Anyway...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

im having a stroke

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Bonzo posted:

I've seen pre sliced bell peppers and pre-chopped red onion in Sobey's. Like, if you need it in bulk that's not a bad idea but who can't cut up one onion?

Anyway...

*Furiously jacking off while hazy people poop*

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

*Furiously pooping while hazy people jack off*

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

there seems to be some kind of goop on there

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tumble posted:

QUICK HELP, THAT AVOCADO IS BLEEDING!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

Anyway...

I stayed at a hostel where the shared bathrooms all had the same bullshit glass stalls. I only pooped at like 4am

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
as a plus the shitter get's a dickeye view of the guy pissing in that urinal

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol WASD+space

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

this is actually a better layout than the normal one

can use your left hand to do numpad stuff easily and this way the mouse isn't shoved way over to the right to make room for the numpad

blessed image

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Mozi posted:

this is actually a better layout than the normal one

can use your left hand to do numpad stuff easily and this way the mouse isn't shoved way over to the right to make room for the numpad

blessed image

yeah but im pretty sure its meant for people with a lefthanded mouse so it reverts back to cursed

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

DiggityDoink posted:

yeah but im pretty sure its meant for people with a lefthanded mouse so it reverts back to cursed

No, if it were for a lefthanded mouse it would be upside down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Why not just pry the pit out with the knife blade like it’s a flat head screwdriver? What the gently caress is wrong with people?