Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

First comment was Mankrik's Wife and I gotta admit I laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Why is it snowing? Is it some kind of frost based hero? Cold Diablo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Assuming the new bg isnt hanamura I'd expect the new bg to be warcraft themed. And if so new hero would be most likely anduin. (Not as confident in this as i was about fenix and deckard)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Alterac Valley BG when.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Alterac valley is snowy. We could finally be getting it. Or meiby we could get something else.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

It's mount arreat, heathens

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Garrosh tossed Stormpike out of his room again and reset him

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Paranoid Peanut posted:

It's mount arreat, heathens

Didn't they say they were specifically working on a WC map though?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Could be arreat and d2 druid.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
It's Grommash and Warsong Gulch.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
chuck norris and the barrens

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

Could be arreat and d2 druid.

d2 druid would be the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This post claims its someone called yrel:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8nupuu/next_event_hero_and_map_leaked_no_proof/

i admit it seems implausible because why would blizz risk this by telling sites in advance? But semi-obscure lady warcraft character sounds plausible, extra points for being a dratini.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 1, 2018

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
The only thing that makes sense is some tie-in to BfA.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

apparently yrel is a big character in bfa. I know nothing about any of that.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

No Wave posted:

This post claims its someone called yrel:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8nupuu/next_event_hero_and_map_leaked_no_proof/

i admit it seems implausible because why would blizz risk this by telling sites in advance? But semi-obscure lady warcraft character sounds plausible, extra points for being a dratini.

Henker
May 5, 2009

No Wave posted:

apparently yrel is a big character in bfa. I know nothing about any of that.

Yrel was a fairly big character in Warlords of Draenor and then disappeared for Legion. Apparently she's basically Hitler now in BfA.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i would absolutely expect Manduin for BFA. I'd expect him to be multiclass support/DPS, but they're killing multiclass; still, he's one of the easiest characters imaginable to create a kit for. He's a WoW priest and his trait toggles between human and shadowform, changing his abilities.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I don't like hero teases because I'm a no-fun dude

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

if it were any male warcraft character i'd agree, but blizz is usually looking to add more ladies into the game (because the roster is only 24/79s girl). i'm willing to believe lady leaks/rumors much more readily if theyre not miramatt levels of crazy.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 1, 2018

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Man this brawl would be really fun if it weren't tweaked to be over in 5 seconds every round. Like if everyone got 3 respawns it would be awesome.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

if it were any male warcraft character i'd agree, but blizz is usually looking to add more ladies into the game (because the roster is only 24/79s girl). i tend to believe lady leaks/rumors much more readily.

That's a good point.

Also, I think everyone expected Anduin to be multiclass, but I think they said multi was a no go now right?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Hah, we got Varian in the brawl, and it gives you his "ult" at level 10.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd like to play a retribution paladin, and getting one who isn't a human like the other two is fine by me.

New battleground... Hanamura returns. :getin:

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Yrel would fit into the Ret Paladin niche nicely and would be the first Draenei character.

I just didn't think she was major enough to warrant an inclusion. Like, most characters are either major players and fan favorites or characters created to represent an RTS unit (Brightwing, Blaze, Hammer, Lunara). Actually if they're pushing for more women, Blaze should have been one. It'd be daring to make a female character that was super hard to sexualize by having them under all that armor. Morales had this niche but then they made the enforcer skin, so eh.

I also don't know why everyone pushes for Anduin to be a shadow priest(disregarding the Hearthstone thing), I can't really recall him doing anything very shadow. He's pretty solidly a Disc/Holy priest, which is fine, I think since the Malfurion rework there's an empty niche of ranged healer who doesn't need to be aggressive. It's really odd they gave Malfurion that style, because the Regrowth+Moonfire thing is pretty much the Atonement+Smite Disc priest thing exactly.

Now if it's a desire for a Shadow priest character, I can understand that. Blizzard is really bad with making priests not terrible lorewise and shadow priests especially. I literally cannot name an actual shadow priest character in Warcraft who seems like they matter enough for HotS, barring some novel or comic book or something like Valeera?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

bamhand posted:

Why is it snowing? Is it some kind of frost based hero? Cold Diablo.

Mei

Finally, the true genji/tracer counter

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i would absolutely expect Manduin for BFA. I'd expect him to be multiclass support/DPS, but they're killing multiclass; still, he's one of the easiest characters imaginable to create a kit for. He's a WoW priest and his trait toggles between human and shadowform, changing his abilities.

BFA trailer Anduin is totally a Pally, because priests can’t have nice things in WoW. Go find Cabbit elsewhere in the blizzard sub forum and ask why.

I would love an Alterac Valley map though, that sounds awesome.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

2 SPOOKY posted:

BFA trailer Anduin is totally a Pally, because priests can’t have nice things in WoW. Go find Cabbit elsewhere in the blizzard sub forum and ask why.

I would love an Alterac Valley map though, that sounds awesome.

He's still a priest.

Henker
May 5, 2009

NameHurtBrain posted:

Actually if they're pushing for more women, Blaze should have been one. It'd be daring to make a female character that was super hard to sexualize by having them under all that armor. Morales had this niche but then they made the enforcer skin, so eh.

I've seen plenty of sexy fanart of the Pyro from TF2. A character who's gender has never even been confirmed.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Henker posted:

I've seen plenty of sexy fanart of the Pyro from TF2. A character who's gender has never even been confirmed.

True, but it'd be still nice if we could have a character like that who's at least not really sexualized on Blizzard's side. You know, just for once. :v: (I still cannot get over the perfectly spherical boobs Tyrande and Kerrigan have in some of their skins)

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

No Wave posted:

if it were any male warcraft character i'd agree, but blizz is usually looking to add more ladies into the game (because the roster is only 24/79s girl). i'm willing to believe lady leaks/rumors much more readily if theyre not miramatt levels of crazy.

One of the new characters in BFA is an alternate universe lady Thrall.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ritznit posted:

True, but it'd be still nice if we could have a character like that who's at least not really sexualized on Blizzard's side. You know, just for once. :v: (I still cannot get over the perfectly spherical boobs Tyrande and Kerrigan have in some of their skins)
yeah we need a girl in full armor for once who isn't the one that was just released.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 2, 2018

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Johanna doesn't exist?

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
It's Alterac Valley, which has dwarves, like Moira Bronzebeard, who is also a priest

easy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Johanna doesn't exist?

not really

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
mankrik's wife is female

so is Magatha Grimtotem and sylvanas's sisters

are there any other females in wow?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Erdricks posted:

mankrik's wife is female

so is Magatha Grimtotem and sylvanas's sisters

are there any other females in wow?

Honestly? Quite a few now. The Horde is bordering on matriarchal after Legion

First Arcanist Thalyssra is pretty well liked, Mayla Highmountain is the moose tauren leader, Liadrin is probably the most iconic not dead Paladin other than Turalyon. Princess Talanji is the new face of the trolls in BfA. Alternate universe girl Thrall is leading the Mag’har Orcs. Moira Bronzebeard is effectively Queen of the dorfs.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
I disqualify Maiev on Boobplate. Jojo's pretty good, just needs a helm(which she gets in a lot of skins to be fair). My theoretical lady Blaze tho would just be the same Blaze(graphics and everything) with a more feminine voice. I guess the TF2 Pyro parallels might be a bit much tho.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Honestly? Quite a few now. The Horde is bordering on matriarchal after Legion

First Arcanist Thalyssra is pretty well liked, Mayla Highmountain is the moose tauren leader, Liadrin is probably the most iconic not dead Paladin other than Turalyon. Princess Talanji is the new face of the trolls in BfA. Alternate universe girl Thrall is leading the Mag’har Orcs. Moira Bronzebeard is effectively Queen of the dorfs.

Ditto on this. Liadrin I thought/think she would be a shoe-in for the next Paladin if it wasn't Tirion or some other Ashbringer wielder. Moira might be a good pick for the Shadow priest problem, but there's a Moira in Overwatch too so... I dunno?

The other Windrunner sisters are probably a no. Alleria is technically doing a whole void thing so you could have a shadow magic/archer thing to build around, but i couldn't even tell you off hand what Vareesa is a generic elven ranger, and don't quote me on it(it's just lore thread osmosis not direct sources), she's a Knaak creation so his cool human hero could have a elf waifu.

Vashj is someone who keeps being floated around due to WC3 callbacks. Azshara is a big deal lore wise and is actually getting her villain time in the next expansion.

As for the actual teaser, my guess is Mei just because it's been six months since we've had a new Overwatch hero to bitch about.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Mei seems like Jaina but with Tassadar's wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
She’ll have Skate Free as an ability where she ices the ground in front of her and gains a 30% movement speed buff for 5 seconds while slowing enemies that stand on the ice slick I reckon