Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LegoPirateNinja posted:

After getting Bardin to 15 with +ammo talent I think Conservative Shooter is better than Scrounger on the Grudgeraker. I'm getting better at getting the ammo out of headshots. I think the "snick" sound plays if just one pellet scores a headshot but it doesn't proc the trait. At any rate, the bonus ammo combined with special drops seems to be working. No need to shove hordes.

Do it anyway. Buttstroke all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Buttstroking: It's Free Real Estate

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Last game was the first time I saw someone with more damage taken than dealt, after a successful run

Keep trying beginner dwarf, you'll get there someday.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Xaris posted:

Yeah I tried it last night. Come loving on fatshark, it’s a loving obvious bug that makes her quite worse

I can never be host cause I enjoy WINNING.

I'm just going to play battle wizard. In legend. I don't care anymore. I'm tired of trying to make this class do anything.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

So I've been thinking about WHC and Animosity.

I like WHC a lot and have been playing him more, but Animosity is just not a very good active ability. I save it for its push more than the crit bonus, and thinking about it, there are very few situations where a ~20% bonus to crit is going to be super beneficial to the team - vs bosses, and vs patrols, probably, or other clusters of specials. It's whatever against swarms, more useful for giving some ground than anything; and other classes have abilities on much shorter cooldowns that basically guarantee the murder of specials or elites, as opposed to hoping your team is close enough and hoping they can manage to land a blow in their 6 second window.

I feel like somebody overvalued what it does by a hell of a lot when it was made and hasn't been revisited since. Am I crazy wrong and missing something awesome here?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I mean, Animosity doesn't stand alone, if it were more powerful then the 25% teamwide bonus to tagged enemies and instakill headshot crits on man-sized enemies would be overtuned.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Mendrian posted:

I like WHC a lot and have been playing him more, but Animosity is just not a very good active ability. I save it for its push more than the crit bonus, and thinking about it, there are very few situations where a ~20% bonus to crit is going to be super beneficial to the team - vs bosses, and vs patrols, probably, or other clusters of specials. It's whatever against swarms, more useful for giving some ground than anything; and other classes have abilities on much shorter cooldowns that basically guarantee the murder of specials or elites, as opposed to hoping your team is close enough and hoping they can manage to land a blow in their 6 second window.

I feel like somebody overvalued what it does by a hell of a lot when it was made and hasn't been revisited since. Am I crazy wrong and missing something awesome here?
I've been playing with him a lot recently and I think it fits fairly well into the WHC's apparent "generalist" role. The increased crit chance means more swift slaying/resourceful x/hunter/class ability procs is nice I suppose, especially since you're going to be stacking that with the +crit from a dead taggable (at least I loving hope that stacks, fatshark). With Scrounger you can get a decent amount of free ammo from yelling, clearing space, and unloading with a Brace.

WHC is just a very weird class that doesn't do anything incredibly well, and his active is pretty underwhelming, but the combination of being able to clear space, stagger quickly, and boost crit isn't bad, just...not great. I think the ideal use-case would be a horde mobbing you, a group of elites/specials mobbing you, an ally right near you to take care of the group you knocked down, and a lot of ammo to unload. He's got some nice passives to go with a kind of weird active, though, so I have fun showing up into pugs and being able to do everything alright instead of hoping that we didn't all want to play ranged boss-killers or whatever.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

toasterwarrior posted:

I mean, Animosity doesn't stand alone, if it were more powerful then the 25% teamwide bonus to tagged enemies and instakill headshot crits on man-sized enemies would be overtuned.
You could easily make it more powerful by having it a ~90-s cooldown and it would be fine.

Same for Merc Kruber, 90s would be perfect. 3-minute CDs should just not Be A Thing because it's Not Fun. He's good but theres no way he'd be OP even if it was at 90-seconds.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Mendrian posted:

CD on Animosity should be lowered to 2 minutes.

Concoction + Animosity + Brace of Pistols is super fun though. There's no more satisfying way to waste an entire stormvermin patrol.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

Yeah it really depends what you're going for.

Bonus vs. Skaven + Infantry is real good with spear for handmaiden I've found, just because it guarantees at least one clanrat will die with each swing on Legend without a headshot and working past hitmass as much as possible. On Legend. On Champ its whatever, because the spear's gonna kill mooks no matter what.
Stacking lots of bonus vs. Skaven + Armored can be the difference between 3shotting and 2shotting (or oneshotting) stormvermin, which is obviously really good. Or you could spec Chaos + Infantry, and reliably puree marauders which is pretty clutch on, say, Empire in Flames finale.
Bonus vs. Chaos and Monsters makes the Huntsman even more of a Boss Deleter than he already is.

Basically on Legend the magic numbers are:

7.5 dmg to kill a skavenslave
15 dmg to kill a clanrat
18 dmg to kill a fanatic
36 for most specials, subject to Packmaster having Monster class resistance because why not.
39 dmg to kill a stormvermin or marauder
120 dmg to kill a chaos warrior (subject to bullshit Super Armor dmg reductions)
and just mass damage to kill bosses, just pile that poo poo on, whatever.

So all you're doing is just stacking up your numbers with your class abilities and items to push up to those thresholds. That's why classes with inbuilt power steroids like zealot and slayer are absolute beast mode--because they get so much power stacking built in they're liberated to run aspd/crit chance while still hitting oneshot thresholds.

And if you've actually read this far, here's the punchline: literally none of this poo poo matters on champion, just do whatever. lol.

How do you build Zealot in terms of talents and item rolls for maximum Legendary pwnage?

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Does anybody have any demo's/gif's/vid's of Dorf Buttstrokes procing and giving back ammo?

Like recently I mean, as a client. On Legend I guess too. Preferably like a horde-length clip so I can see how people are getting all their ammo back. I'm bad at the game and need my hand held by Dorf Daddies.

Edit: And it's there's more to it than just MASH M2 AT HORDES I would appreciate any text advice as well.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 1, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

fadam posted:

How do you build Zealot in terms of talents and item rolls for maximum Legendary pwnage?

Weapon: Fist-Flail. No other flail is acceptable. DO NOT PLAY ZEALOT WITHOUT FISTFLAIL. 5% Crit/5% Aspeed; Swift-Slaying

Ranged: Brace of Pistols: 5% Crit/10% to Skaven (Or Chaos but I prefer Skaven for hookers n gutters n poo poo); Scrounger

Necklace: 2 Stam/20% Health; Boon of Shalyayaya (Non-negotiable)

Charm: +10% Power vs Chaos; 5% ASpeed; Whatever trait you're picking up a loving grim anyways

Trinket: 33% Curse; 5% Crit; Shrapnel

Talents:
1: Crit Chance
2: Flagrellent (most OP talent)
3. Stamina Shields on lower health
4: Health on Kill
5: Temp Health on Hit During Ultimate

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 1, 2018

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

im depressed lol posted:

Does anybody have any demo's/gif's/vid's of Dorf Buttstrokes procing and giving back ammo?

Like recently I mean, as a client. On Legend I guess too. Preferably like a horde-length clip so I can see how people are getting all their ammo back. I'm bad at the game and need my hand held by Dorf Daddies.

Edit: And it's there's more to it than just MASH M2 AT HORDES I would appreciate any text advice as well.

I don't have any video evidence, but I was playing this morning as a client and was able to buttstroke for ammo. Slapped one rat and got 2 back, and then landed a few more on a group one of which crit and gave me 6 shots back. It definitely takes a few whacks on average to get it, but it does work. My favorite combo right now is Ranger with the Gruderaker and 2H axe. The charged swings on the axe do amazing damage and can even stagger a chaos warrior if he isn't locked into his swing animation.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Xaris posted:

You could easily make it more powerful by having it a ~90-s cooldown and it would be fine.

Same for Merc Kruber, 90s would be perfect. 3-minute CDs should just not Be A Thing because it's Not Fun. He's good but theres no way he'd be OP even if it was at 90-seconds.

Yeah i agree with this. The 3 minute cool down just encourages holding it until it "matters"', which means using it twice per level.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Metal Meltdown posted:

I don't have any video evidence, but I was playing this morning as a client and was able to buttstroke for ammo. Slapped one rat and got 2 back, and then landed a few more on a group one of which crit and gave me 6 shots back. It definitely takes a few whacks on average to get it, but it does work. My favorite combo right now is Ranger with the Gruderaker and 2H axe. The charged swings on the axe do amazing damage and can even stagger a chaos warrior if he isn't locked into his swing animation.

Ah okay Thanks! I guess I was just expecting something broken instead of 'eh, sometimes you just get 'unlucky' :airquote:'

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I’m pretty sure buttstroke is fixed to your innate 5% Crit and not effected by weapon nor trinket crit chance. Otherwise it would be procing once in 6-7 hit, which anyone can tell you that is absolutely not the case at all, and it’s most definitely closer to 1 in 20

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

What the gently caress did you just say about me, Umgaki? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Ranger academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Clan Fester, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Dwarfs armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the Old World, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that umgak to me over the Internet? Think again, dawi. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Reikland and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, wazzok. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my Az. Not only am I extensively trained in melee combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the known Dwarf Holds and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, Umgaki. If only you could have known what righteous grudge-settling your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will umgak fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, dawi.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Now that Battle Wizard's power talent works, Unchained has officially moved in to the sweet spot of 'most useless horse poo poo in the game'.

No, Battle Wizard still isn't that great.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

The biggest contribution I've seen Battle Wizards do is glitch through the oddest spots on the map and end up on like the... weird WWF style tunnel of War Camp arena or the second Floor of Righteous Stand church finale.

Edit: Clarified tunnel description.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 2, 2018

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Keeping your team entertained is an important part of maintaining morale.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

In the instances I joined games, I always typed out a lovely pun in the chat while it loaded.

"Why is leather armor good for thieves? Because it's made of hide."
"I got a really good tattoo and people were shocked when I told them I got it in Spain. Nobody expects the Spanish Ink Precision."

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

Lunethex posted:

In the instances I joined games, I always typed out a lovely pun in the chat while it loaded.

"Why is leather armor good for thieves? Because it's made of hide."
"I got a really good tattoo and people were shocked when I told them I got it in Spain. Nobody expects the Spanish Ink Precision."
I love doing this on elevators, since I can take my time to type the puns out without fear of backrat poke-stab. :v: Plus it occupies the group for the ~10 seconds that are otherwise empty; I don’t think I’ve heard more than a couple elevator-specific voice lines in V2.

“Why did the sad ghost get on the elevator? To lift his spirits.”

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If you think about it the best charm combo is going to be 10% power vs chaos/10% power vs infantry because that's the closest you'll get to 10% power vs everything from the charm. I forgot if they clarified whether or not berzerkers counted as infantry but i know SV do so you're looking at just maulers, CW's, potentially some specials, and rat bosses that won't be getting a power vs bonus. You'll be rocking 30% power vs chaos infantry so that means better shoving and cleave.

I've spent over 60 green dust on rerolling my 2nd red charm to try and get 10% power vs chaos/10% power vs skaven to no avail so i'm guessing power vs race is restricted to just 1 effect.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Stormvermin are Armored, not Infantry.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Arghy posted:

If you think about it the best charm combo is going to be 10% power vs chaos/10% power vs infantry because that's the closest you'll get to 10% power vs everything from the charm. I forgot if they clarified whether or not berzerkers counted as infantry but i know SV do so you're looking at just maulers, CW's, potentially some specials, and rat bosses that won't be getting a power vs bonus. You'll be rocking 30% power vs chaos infantry so that means better shoving and cleave.

I've spent over 60 green dust on rerolling my 2nd red charm to try and get 10% power vs chaos/10% power vs skaven to no avail so i'm guessing power vs race is restricted to just 1 effect.

SV counts as armored, maulers count as infantry. CW's count as armored. Berserkers are their own catagory and only include Plague Monks and Berserkers, neither of which are prevalent enough to warrent +Power stats. You can look at the breed data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PiWoQOH9LeZVlbHv5GvTaToet5wKW6AdpKDf35StcBI/edit#gid=2144505224

Or maybe better tabulated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uwCzT8fmh8oZ2MrSNjirNaRd9FbhB0ySTNF0Oncl-_c/edit

But yes, Chaos/Inf combo is one of the best (for ranged-primary poo poo) since Inf will assist with getting dat sweet Clan Rat 1-hits and stuff without needing to run Skaven, while also applying to Maulers and pretty much every chaos unit besides CW. Attack Speed is a good alternate though and better for melee-oriented builds since most time you straight-up want ASpeed for more stagger and poo poo and less likely to get poked, so Chaos/ASpeed is a pretty rock solid all-around combo, but there are definitely situations where you may want Skaven/Armored, Skaven/Monster, Chaos/Inf. Probably none where you want Chaos/Armored tho because iirc nothing can breakpoint enough for Chaos Warriors.

And I have a +Skaven/+Chaos charm (lovely rolls tho) so it can happen.

Also today I just learned with closer review that Mauler's (those chad chaos guys) head is actually Super-Armored, so you can end up doing loving lot less damage hitting them in the head lmao. I was wondering why a Crit Headshot does less damage than a Crit shot for many many weapons and thought the dudes spreadsheet was just bugged, but no, we've been fatsharked :fatshark:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 2, 2018

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
There are a handful of weapons with strong enough damage against super armor and high enough headshot bonuses that they still do more damage on a headshot, but it's generally still better to take bodyshots against Maulers because the damage difference is marginal and you give yourself the chance to score critical hits to the body for way more damage.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 2, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Xaris posted:

SV counts as armored, maulers count as infantry. CW's count as armored. Berserkers are their own catagory and only include Plague Monks and Berserkers, neither of which are prevalent enough to warrent +Power stats. You can look at the breed data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PiWoQOH9LeZVlbHv5GvTaToet5wKW6AdpKDf35StcBI/edit#gid=2144505224
to make sure it is clear, the +power vs category increases power against a specific armor class.

infantry increases power versus armor class 1.
armored is armor classes 2 and 6 - but be aware that no amount of +power will make a weapon naturally pierce class 6 armor. i have stacked +40% chaos/armored on a recurve crossbow and still gotten nowhere on bodyshotting chaos warriors. crits, however, will still pierce and you will get the benefit from that.
monsters is armor class 3. note this includes pack masters.
berserkers is armor class 5.

we don't ask what happened to armor class 4.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Coolguye posted:

we don't ask what happened to armor class 4.

anarchist's cookbook strikes again

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Have you gotten chaos/skaven recently though? i'm afraid of dumping more green dust into the drat charm haha. I got 2 red charms so i already have a atk speed/chaos one but some weapons don't need a measly 5% attack speed so i wanted to have one for those builds.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I suppose it's understandable that the dailies only come one at a time (because of the reward being a guaranteed Champ Emperor's), but man, most players generally can accomplish them very easily. Ah well, it's not like even Champ Emperor's drop good poo poo usually.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

>Patrol spawns, everyone stops except the elf
>Elf runs into it, alerts it
>Sienna asks why the Elf did that
>"didn't hear, listening to music lol"

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:thunk:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Same except elf goes down and then ragequits as host even though the rest of us were doing fine. First game of the day

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Lunethex posted:

Just elf things.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
WHC: 10% attack speed or 8%crit chance when taggable enemies die?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Ravenfood posted:

WHC: 10% attack speed or 8%crit chance when taggable enemies die?

I go for the crit chance since crits usually work into all the other class/weapon traits etc. Depends on your weapon choice though I can't really think of Saltzpyre weapons that benefit greatly from attack speed.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
All levels completed on legend again, time to check out my new armours!

:cripes:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Sykic posted:

All levels completed on legend again, time to check out my new armours!

:cripes:

I see this and my immediate thought is DO NOT PURSUE LU KRU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
what is this horrifying hat i got for handmaiden

it's 'Crown of Lileath' but why is she wearing a skin colored morphsuit under it :barf:

(probably because rendering hair is hard)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

It looks so much like the white Power Ranger.

Edit: Oi, accidental typo racism!