Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
There is also companies selling pre-colored terrain.

https://plastcraftgames.com/es/7-colored-infinity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Played a couple Limited Insertion games last night, just for a laugh. I used Corregidor (with a Mobile Brigada pain train) and then tried StarCo, using the fun '3-Brigada+Massacre+Daktari' link team. Which is probably superior to a conventional Brigada link. We both agreed (my opponent was also an experienced competitive player) that LI is a completely different playstyle to conventional lists where a lot of good players will run 16-18 orders. You have to be much more conservative in picking and accomplishing your maneuvers for a turn.

I also was caught out by leaving 2-3 strong ARO pieces visible. In conventional games this can be a valid strategy, it gives your opponent something to attack which fixes him in place a bit, absorbing some of the orders and preventing your back line from being rolled up. In LI that's less of a worry as long as there's adequate cover in your DZ. So if you are a bit unlucky, which I was, those ARO pieces all go down quickly and easily, suddenly you're very short of orders indeed.

While AD pieces are great and we both used them, I almost feel that in LI even more than normal ITS play, Infiltrators have the edge, keeping the order in your pool each turn is worth a bit. Things like Moran Masai's crazy koalas were also clutch, there are fewer orders and cheap warbands for opponents to deal with them.

Finally, if you go to attack McMurrough, and he passes about 9 ARM rolls to survive with one wound, he can and will kill everything around him in his active turn.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I've been a bit out of the loop but I saw that there's a new Avatar sculpt. I like the old one better because I think it's creepier. I was thinking of picking one up if I saw it was cheaper because of the new sculpt. I want to paint it and there's something that draws me to big expensive units.

Is there a list out there that really makes it work, though?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
An avatar with kerr'nau can be vicious, as MSV is one of the things that makes it quake.

Add in a speculo, bit & kiss, ikadrons, a kurgat engy, m drones, and an E drone.

You'll have great hacking projection, the ability to put up a bunch of hard-to-kill B2 flash pulse aros, and a brutal killer that almost always enjoys a -6 in ftf.

You'll be heavily reliant on the avatar, but careful speculo placement will absolutely take the pressure off him.

Then again, my win record is p rubbish soooo

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Avatar definitely works, I've found a module of Avatar + Second Threat, Bit & Kiss and support models seems to work well. Second threat tends to be a Speculo or a Ko Dali if i'm feeling particularly imaginative. :v:

It works well, but it leans heavily on the big lad, if he goes down early you're kinda boned. Tho WIP20 Maestros are amazing from Bit.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cool, thanks. It may be pretty much the definition of all your eggs in one basket, but it's one hell of an egg. Speculo Killers look fun so I'll try that as the second threat first.

I see they're looser on proxying now and I can reasonably approximate a lot of stuff with Nomad and PanO minis I already have - like Zoey and Pi-Well for Bit and Kiss, Nomad robots for the bigger robots, Auxbots for Ikadrons, etc.. I don't have anything big enough to be an Avatar but I want to snag one of those anyway.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

BattleMaster posted:

I've been a bit out of the loop but I saw that there's a new Avatar sculpt. I like the old one better because I think it's creepier. I was thinking of picking one up if I saw it was cheaper because of the new sculpt. I want to paint it and there's something that draws me to big expensive units.

Is there a list out there that really makes it work, though?

Cat Face Joe posted:

Here is a good Avatar list for a shooty ground holding mission.

Combined Army
───────────────────────

10 2
AVATAR Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Sepsitor Plus / DA CCW. (3.5 | 137)
STALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
SHROUDED Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
KRAKOT RENEGADE Red Fury, Chest Mine / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (1 | 24)
MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
SPECULO KILLER Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Monofilament CCW, Knife. (1 | 35)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Ok so, let's say I'm playing ISS. I've got a Su Jian, I've got a Kuang Shi. If I hit the button and activate the Kuang Shi's Biolocator, then run up the Su Jian and CaseVac the Kuang Shi, will I now have a Su Jian with a Repeater running around?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Player character breakdowns for the UK's first AGL event* (At least I think it was!). 8-Ball very much sucking in the rear, I took him all 3 rounds, he isn't very good.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Lunah at the top? I'll be. I take her, but she's under represented in the local meta hugely.

Hexxer in 2nd is 0 surprise, though.

E: lol, Musashi at the bottom. I can't stand taking him but everyone around here adores him.

Pidgin Englishman fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jun 2, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hexxer would have been joint first, but one of my players forgot his roster and forgot to draft her I think

8-Ball is at the bottom, he's so bad you didnt even notice him

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Flipswitch posted:

8-Ball is at the bottom, he's so bad you didnt even notice him

Hah, poor 8-ball. He sounded good in theory but is just disappointment in practice.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I used him all 3 rounds, he just doesn't do enough and his attack dice are bad.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Ok so, let's say I'm playing ISS. I've got a Su Jian, I've got a Kuang Shi. If I hit the button and activate the Kuang Shi's Biolocator, then run up the Su Jian and CaseVac the Kuang Shi, will I now have a Su Jian with a Repeater running around?

yeah, and you can use it to shoot it on 23 with your heavy shotgun once you drop it, its hella fun

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

fatherboxx posted:

yeah, and you can use it to shoot it on 23 with your heavy shotgun once you drop it, its hella fun

Spotlighting someone with it first through the repeater? What spicy tech

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

TwingeCrag posted:

Spotlighting someone with it first through the repeater? What spicy tech

No, dropping casevac and blasting the kuang shi so the template hits dudes

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Under 15 posted:

No, dropping casevac and blasting the kuang shi so the template hits dudes

Holy poo poo. That is the most ISS thing I've ever seen. I imagine a SuJian literally holding the shotgun on the shoulder of a zombified kuang Shi like a tripod

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Four games of Infinity this week! 1 with vanilla Pano (versus vanilla Aleph) for the first round of our escalation league. Did not go well. My Warcor was the sole survivor (and lieutenant at the end). He's gonna win a goddamn Pulitzer though, flash pulsed almost half a dozen models.

Today had a 20 player ITS event here in town. Ran my USARF. 25 orders total? I had another list with a Blackjack and Marauder Haris, but ended up not using it.

Superior FIrepower
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 1
TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 11)
TRAKTOR MUL (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (0 | 5)
DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
MINUTEMAN AP HMG / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 34)
MAVERICK (Forward Observer) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)

GROUP 2 9 1
112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
GRUNT Paramedic (MediKit) Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
GRUNT Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
GRUNT Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)
GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
AIRBORNE RANGER Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 20)
WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

GROUP 3 2 2
DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Heavy Pistols, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Heavy Pistols, AP CC Weapon. (0 | 11)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Rd1 - Corregidor - Unmasking: I went 2nd. 2 grunts made their infiltration rolls. The one not only killed a TR remote on a ridiculous longer range shotgun roll, but also burned McMurrough to death. Worth it! Made some mistakes regarding his MSV2 but still pulled out the win 5-1, killing two decoys.

Rd2 - JSA - Highly Classified: His HVT was in a real tough spot, was able to forward observe it once, but couldn't get my last FO in there to get it again. Had 2 to his 3, so lost big. Did FO and Katyusha his two rocket launchers.

Rd3 - Haqq - Capture and Protect: Between my grunt sniper and the Katyusha I killed his Al Fasid and Az'rail twice each (Ackbar doctor healed them for 2 wounds each). Also got his Lt in the first turn with my one grunt that made his infiltration. Killing the heavies was so order intensive I couldn't also get to his beacon, and he only got one model past the midline. I lost my bikes, one airborne, and one grunt. Tied on objectives though :(

All in all came in 9th or 10th of 20. Learned a lot though since I'm still fairly new, and was pretty happy with my army list. Now I've got a week to polish a 200pt Pano list for the next round of the league.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I've had to take a break from gaming due to studies and stuff. Any fun new releases on the horizon? Is ALEPH still playable? When are we getting sweet Vedic nirvana goodness?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Wahoo, won my LGS's monthly tournament. Very few people, only 8. Sometimes we have hit 12-14, but it isn't guaranteed at all. Missions were: The Grid, Highly Classified, and Power Pack. Very swingey winner take all (Dare I say deeply flawed?) type missions. Here's some Ontario meta for you.

the highly classified team

GROUP 1 10
HAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
JANISSARY Akbar Doctor (MediKit) AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 41)
SHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

GROUP 2 4 3 3
NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

AND

The Grid Team

GROUP 1 9 1 1
GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
KAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 9)
HAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2 6 2 2
RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
KAPLAN Engineer Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
GHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I've been playing Infinity ton over the years, though I haven't come in first a lot of the time. I guess I just make mistakes often. Anyways this time I won so that's great. The games were swingey so I went 10-4 against Vanilla Nomads, 10-2 against Vanilla Pan-O, and 6-5 against Vanilla Yu-Jing. Usually there's more sectorial players, but maybe people decided to go Vanilla to build around The Grid and Highly Classified in a balance way? The Hawwa was an all star in all of my games. As a data tracker FO he assassinated the designated target round one, and in round two and three his targeting led to the deaths of many key models. Of course Yuan Yuans were the key to my success though.

(The nasmats are supposed to be split between the two order groups. :ssh: )

Thanks for reading!

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 4, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sephyr posted:

I've had to take a break from gaming due to studies and stuff. Any fun new releases on the horizon? Is ALEPH still playable? When are we getting sweet Vedic nirvana goodness?
Everytime you ask they get delayed a month.

Tunguska is later this month! Warcors just got some shiny previews for whats coming.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
That would explain why JSA happened, tired of people asking about IA.

In Tunguska just gonna be a PDF, or has there been talk of a book?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pdf and next book

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

pbpancho posted:

My Warcor was the sole survivor (and lieutenant at the end).

FYI, unless there were rules stating otherwise, irregular units can't be the LT.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Played Quadrant Control, Ariadna vs Combined Army. CA HMG bots remain bastards, but starting most of my army in contesting zones worked out alright. Not sold on Loup Garou sniper, might stick to viral rifle.

Wound up in retreat at start of my Turn 2, which I think we incorrectly thought meant the game ends. So it was a 6-2 Ariadna victory.

Spec Firing grenade launchers is so fun, I wish I'd realised regular grenades can do it.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 5, 2018

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

drat why are Knights of Montesa so expensive. They've got the stat lines of Riot Grrls but the designers valued CC stats/weapons/assault and worse Infiltration at like 20 points?

I was interested in doing a Duo of them plus a bunch of infiltrating TO Spec. Sergeants in MO but I'm not so sure I can really make that work.

edit: wait is Montesa Duo only for Acontecimento?

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 5, 2018

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

BattleMaster posted:

drat why are Knights of Montesa so expensive. They've got the stat lines of Riot Grrls but the designers valued CC stats/weapons/assault and worse Infiltration at like 20 points?

Couple reasons, cc on a HI is pretty terrific as is any sort of forward deploying skills. But I think it’s more the comparison you’re drawing - riot grrls are absolutely top tier, benefitting from the hefty discount for frenzy troops while suffering none of the disadvantages, since they are always taken in some sort of link.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

I was interested in doing a Duo of them plus a bunch of infiltrating TO Spec. Sergeants in MO but I'm not so sure I can really make that work.

edit: wait is Montesa Duo only for Acontecimento?

The previously mentioned frenzy discount plus BS 14 probably being six points. Riot Grrls were also given a point discount in HSN3 even thought units are ~*never hand adjusted*~. The Duo option is available in both SAA and MO but if you want to run it I recommend SAA. Mines, KHDs, Nagas, Fugazis, and a Regular link team do a much better job of supporting them.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Riot Grrls are really, really good, but the Montesa is not bad. Comparing as close as possible (spitfire to spitfire) I get this:

Riot Grrl: MSV 1, Hyperdynamics 1, Stun Grenades, Frenzy, +14 points
Montesa: CC+5, BS +1, Mechanized Deployment, Religious, Assault, Chain Colt, Breaker Pistol, Shock CCW

I'll call MSV1 and +1 BS a wash, as well as Stun Grenades vs Chain Colt. Mechanized deployment has to be worth a good 6 or 7 points, CC is worth one or two, assault's probably worth at least 2, and one more for the pistol/CCW kit. I think in the end the issue is Frenzy vs Religious. Religious is frankly more of a penalty than Frenzy, but it costs around 0.5 points... Religious needs to be more useful.

As a Bakunin player, I'd trade Taskmasters for Montesas. Duo Assault sounds like a blast.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I forgot about Frenzy. I've only ever deployed Riot Grrls as a fireteam so I forgot that was a thing. It skewed my perception of the value a bit. It's still kind of crazy that it's valued as it is while being easy to negate for several of the models that have it.

I was thinking of still giving them a try with something like this, but I'll also try to come up with something for SAA as well.

Military Orders

KNIGHT OF MONTESA Spitfire, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 50)
KNIGHT OF MONTESA Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher, Chain-colt / Breaker Pistol, Shock CCW. (1 | 48)
FATHER-KNIGHT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 50)
SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 33)
SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
SPEC. SERGEANT (CH: TO Camouflage, Infiltration, Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
FUSILIER Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Speaking of Riot Grrls, I saw you can use them in one of the new merc factions with special fireteams so I was thinking of trying something like

Starco. Free Company of the Star

MOBILE BRIGADA Lieutenant MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 39)
RIOT GRRL Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 34)
RIOT GRRL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 33)
RIOT GRRL (Specialist Operative) Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
RIOT GRRL (Specialist Operative) Combi Rifle, Blitzen, Stun Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
AVICENNA Combi Rifle, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
EMILY (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and E/M), Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 35)
UHAHU Hacker (Hacking Device Plus. UPGRADE: Icebreaker) Pitcher, D-Charges / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
SALYUT (Total Reaction, Repeater) Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Avicenna or Emily plus 4 Riot Grrls is a Fireteam: Core while Emily and Uhahu makes a Fireteam: Duo. Chain of command plus an HI LT says gently caress loss of lieutenant. I may swap out a specialist Riot Grrl for the Tinbot one, or one of the heavy weapons ones for a lower cost one plus a Zondbot.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 6, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I have a question about AROs vs. a link team, and we ultimately let the shot happen as expedient play is good play.

So, I had a link team of Wu Ming advancing up the table. The corridor they were entering was empty, as far as I could see. There was a TO Noctifer with Missle Launcher down the other end, but I didn't know that yet. At the start of my first order (Move), the Noctifer had no line of sight to any of the Wu Ming. This movement brought them around the corner. My opponent declared no AROs (A 'hold' for his TO piece), and because the area was clear, I declared a second Move Action, bringing the remainder of the link into the corridor. My opponent then declared that the Noctifer would Shoot one of the then-appearing Wu Ming who was not eligible to receive an ARO prior, as he was not in line of sight.

The wiki states in the FAQ section that

"Q: An Auxilia and his Auxbot declares Move as first Short Skill of his Order. A Celestial Guard who only has LoF against Auxbot decide not to declare any ARO. With the second Short Skill, the Auxilia and Auxbot Move again, so that the Auxilia is now within the LoF with the Celestial Guard. Could the Celestial Guard declare an ARO against Auxilia now?

A: No, because the Auxilia and the Auxbot generated a single ARO as they possess the G: Synchronized Special Skill. Therefore, as the Celestial Guard has decided not to declare his ARO after the first Short Skill, he has lost the ability to declare any ORA against that Order."

But we agreed that didn't apply, as link teams are not Synchronized. I don't use Link Teams often because big vanilla is big life, and I thought it was a clever use of a TO piece to counter them, so the shot made sense to me and a poor Wu Ming and his Tinbot Pal ended up pasted across the pavement. Did we play this interaction correctly? I'll draw a diagram when I'm home if that didn't make sense.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
If the Reactive Player has LOS to a trooper being activated by the Active Player during their first Short Skill, not declaring an ARO means losing your ARO. It sounds like the Wu Ming's first Move Order would've given the Noctifier LOS to them so he would've had to declare Shoot then and not after the second Short Skill. There's really no start or end of an Order, even Move Orders, with the way AROs work because the question for the Reactive Player would simply be 'Do you have LOS at any point of the Active Order?'

This intentional abstraction is why you can declare Move plus BS Attack and can make the BS Attack at any point during the movement route declared, and not necessarily at the beginning or the end of that route.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
I'd go with that not being ok - a link team generates a single aro. If you abandon your aro on the link team you don't get another shot.

The fact that auxilia FAQ question also tags fire teams in active turn backs that up a bit. Same with co-ordinated orders.

This does open up some gaming plays with link teams, but I don't think it's too bad.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

BlackIronHeart posted:

If the Reactive Player has LOS to a trooper being activated by the Active Player during their first Short Skill, not declaring an ARO means losing your ARO. It sounds like the Wu Ming's first Move Order would've given the Noctifier LOS to them so he would've had to declare Shoot then and not after the second Short Skill. There's really no start or end of an Order, even Move Orders, with the way AROs work because the question for the Reactive Player would simply be 'Do you have LOS at any point of the Active Order?'

This intentional abstraction is why you can declare Move plus BS Attack and can make the BS Attack at any point during the movement route declared, and not necessarily at the beginning or the end of that route.

Sort of - The first move brought SOME of the Wu Ming link into LoS. The second move brought the REST of the Wu Ming link into LoS. The Noctifer fragged one of the latter.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I think my interpretation is correct since it's the Fireteam that grants an ARO to enemy troopers, not the individual members of the Fireteam as Pidgin Englishman pointed out. I don't think you get to delay just because the specific Wu Ming you wanna murder hasn't stepped into your killbox after their buddies have already done so. I could be wrong.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Yep. You have to chose to aro against the fireteam, or forfeit the aro.

When new members come out you can't declare as you've already chosen not idle against the fire team. It's an odd rule interplay, and I can totally see why you'd play it a other way. If I had to make a call, though, I'd go with the above.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
As far as I'm aware you can't delay your ARO unless it's a gainst a Camo token or you have sixth sense and they're in your zone of control.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 6, 2018

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Yup. You can also use this with crazykoalas on models like Yojimbo against a single ARO piece. Move the crazy koala around the corner and Yojimbo out of LOF behind the corner with the first half of your move. The models ARO'ing either take their ARO right there or give it up, either way letting you get a free full second move.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Cassa posted:

As far as I'm aware you can't delay your ARO unless it's a Camo token or you have sixth sense and they're in your zone of control.

There's always the option of taking an ARO after the second Short Skill if it satisfies the ARO conditions and the Reactive Player was not given an ARO in the first Short Skill. It's not so much delaying your ARO but more 'The conditions weren't satisfied until now'. This mostly only happens when people Move+Move and come into LOS during the second Movement.

From here: http://infinitythewiki.com/en/ARO:_Automatic_Reaction_Order

quote:

If, by declaring the second Short Skill of its Order, the active trooper gives ARO to enemy troopers that did not have ARO against the first Short Skill, then those enemy troopers can declare their AROs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Montesa are great because you need to spend only a couple of orders to get into Spec fire sweet spot.

What is not great about them is that they are knights without MA, therefore without stealth, so they can trip on repeaters easily.