Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I wish they added some sort of matchmaking in Casual as well. Getting stomped by lvl 50+ with Gold or above while trying to learn my way around just annoys the hell out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Aesis posted:

I wish they added some sort of matchmaking in Casual as well. Getting stomped by lvl 50+ with Gold or above while trying to learn my way around just annoys the hell out of me.
Casual has the same matchmaking as ranked but with a separate, hidden MMR.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
supposedly has its own rating system that mirrors ranked

the main drawback to this is that playing with friends and going on huge win streaks will absolutely boost you to the point where you will face high tier players more often ...including ones that boosted to the highest they could get the jpeg next to their name to be and only play for k:d now

whereas most actual regular ranked players tend to solo que and the bronze/silver/gold tiers end up naturally being more stable in every way

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Aesis posted:

that's the typical player. most players are in gold, because the distribution is skewed, probably intentionally. and you get above level 50 in maybe 1-2 weeks of consistent play.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Aesis posted:

There's only two things you need to know when you're learning the maps early on: girders in roofs always run north to south, and Fuze's fuses go boom from right to left.

The situations are actually pretty useful for getting a feel running around the base maps - after failing miserably many times, you'll find what's breakable and not.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

40 Proof Listerine posted:

girders in roofs always run north to south

Except for like one room that I can never remember until after I've blown it up.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm pretty sure the only map it's different on is House?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone see that like four minute video of Annemunition getting yelled at for being a woman in siege? it was pretty rainbow6.fmv

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone see that like four minute video of Annemunition getting yelled at for being a woman in siege? it was pretty rainbow6.fmv

gamers are scum, news at 11.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i don't know, i'm 27 and have been online gaming for closer to two decades than one and i have somehow never felt a powerful urge to tell a woman to kill herself because of Bideo Games.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I have heard Siege players regularly and openly pride themselves on being "toxic as gently caress" soooo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I have heard Siege players regularly and openly pride themselves on being "toxic as gently caress" soooo

Sounds plausible.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 2, 2018

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
According to someone in ranked play, not peeking as Rook is "nigging it." Or so I've been told.

Edit: it might have been "niggering." Someone else in voice agreed and someone in chat said "lol"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't know anything about these but I want them:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'll probably get that Lesion head since it doesn't have the helmet with the giant hazard symbol.

I will not be getting Dork-kaebi.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That is a bad Dokkbae skin

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
that owns. popsicle lesion too

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

wtf is that Dokkaebi skin

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

wtf is that Dokkaebi skin

It is perfection.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Next map will be on a beach with half the objectives underwater, mark my words.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/33bwc

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The Missy Elliot crossover I never knew I wanted.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

That dokk skin is hideous lmao

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Still not as bad as IQ in Pajamas. Very close though.

Also

Lemon-Lime posted:

Dork-kaebi.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Admiral Joeslop posted:

"Bad Cosplay" would be a great theme for skins

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

So apparently they’re bringing something called summer packs with that lesion skin, just like the outbreak packs. Haven’t seen much about it except a random reference on reddit. Did I miss the news?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
That Running Man Dokkaebi skin is the first one i would actually spend renown on but i'm sure it will be in the limited time gently caress you packs.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

putting the dumbest immersion ruining skins behind time limited pay2grief packs is actually awesome

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
LEgion's shadez fuckin own, holy poo poo :lol:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Thief posted:

putting the dumbest immersion ruining skins behind time limited pay2grief packs is actually awesome

I hope they continue to put it awesome flashy skins tbh the best part of this game is murdering as safety Orange Jaeger

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I've been away from Siege for a bit while waiting for the new season - is June 5th/6th the estimated release date, considering they are taking away the seasonal uniforms?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Yes it's the 5th

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Gotta fuckin do my placements, dammit

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the best alpha pack charms are at the bottom of the list in game and it is really such a burden to scroll through all of the weekly challenge rewards to get to it before the timer runs out i wish ubisoft would fix this before anything else :negative:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/WiltedPerfectEgg

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:thurman:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

video if anyone cares https://streamable.com/13t0z

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

He shot first Welcome Mat but didn't shoot the second one. And yes, that's my Frost hiding behind Deployable Shield.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 3, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Aesis posted:

He shot first Welcome Mat but didn't shoot the second one. And yes, that's my Frost hiding behind Deployable Shield.

Double welcome mats are my jam, it doesn't always work, but when it does it's amazing. However, those 1/100 moments when you actually catch two people into a double stacked window trap are the best Siege has to offer.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Thief posted:

hostage is easily the best gamemode and most fitting to what Rainbow 6 "should" be doing even though they're all fighting each other so lol. bomb is also good and the perfect counterpart because attackers have an inherent advantage almost all the time as the defense is split between 2 sites

but container is just hostage mode for people that simply want to spam their abilities as if it were ever hard to NOT kill the diamond icon in your hud that you can literally see through walls. it is the actual worst mode - especially when there is like 5 seconds left and all they have to do is vault into site to contest it or constantly step in/out which is one of the worst things to ever exist in this game.

also smoke/kapkan kick rear end in any ranked mode especially since their abilities are automatically buffed by the decreased timer.

Hostage makes for the best gameplay moments, stats be damned. I don't give a drat if 60% of the time the defends win because that's Stinkin' Thinkin' and you've already psyched yourself out. I want to rappel through a window and yank some helpless fool back out of it with me. Or go out in a blaze of glory trying to prevent that.

Container mode is boring in comparison. They should change the model of the container to be a hostage tied to a chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

My favourite welcome mat trap was when I was with friends, and we put 4 deployable shields in a row in one of the plane hallways and mixed them in with two welcome mats and barbed wire everywhere. Thermite had the defuser, only got halfway, didn't check the middle for traps, and the defuser was stuck there for the rest of the round.