Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I love that they have him making some of the faces from the Boxer Hockey sonic comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Knux is the best

Begone squirrel

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ftfy

The use of Knuckles' theme from S3 was really good! I do wish Knuckles had shows a little more concern or familiarity for Mighty, though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don’t think that’s actually Sonic or Tails flying the Tornado.:wth:

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Linear Zoetrope posted:

ftfy

The use of Knuckles' theme from S3 was really good! I do wish Knuckles had shows a little more concern or familiarity for Mighty, though.

He does a lil eye pop and is like 'oh yeah that guy' , but then ray was about to poke knuckles real best friend, the emerald

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm glad that Knuckles' thoughts being rendered in messy crayon drawings made it in this short.

Kurieg posted:

I love that they have him making some of the faces from the Boxer Hockey sonic comic.

You could tell Tyson Hesse had a blast drawing Knuckles' faces here. I was wondering why they didn't show Knuckles' facial expression sheet back when Mania Adventures was announced, but I guess they wanted to keep this a pleasant surprise.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder if Mania Adventures increases the likelihood of new animations for Plus or future classic games, since it's establishing the wider character sheets and the art and getting the processes well in place.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

And now I'm remembering Hesse's earlier Knuckles works.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

apparently someone doxxed cybershell and hes not dead?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Stairmaster posted:

I hope the necessary info was found from scrutinizing old Dog Time videos

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
never should've made the mistake of posting his work space in half::life? 2

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

Link?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/8cct4g/need_help_to_find_cybershells_whereabouts_dm_if/

Says they found him and stop messaging.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m glad he’s safe but people seriously should not be doxxing him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’m glad he’s safe but people seriously should not be doxxing him.

To a degree, but in this case it seems to be out of a genuine worry. I know that feeling, a good friend of mine suddenly cut contact from everyone a few years ago, no Discord, no Steam, no anything, so I'm stuck sitting here wondering if he's dead or not.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Doxxing is dumb but I can’t blame people for wondering what happened since he pretty much disappeared after launching a Patreon.

Glad he’s okay and I hope he makes more videos eventually.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The internet is loving weird about people. I mean, in this case it's..relatively benign, but..

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I told you the body in ny windowless van by Dairy Queen wasn't Cybershell, but no, some joker had to come snooping.

And there is no body in my windowless van. There definitely isn't two.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Screaming Idiot posted:

And there is no body in my windowless van. There definitely isn't two.

so that's where maxwell adams, ferr, and evek went

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

To a certain degree, you forfeit a right to vanish when you're running an ongoing patreon.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MikeJF posted:

To a certain degree, you forfeit a right to vanish when you're running an ongoing patreon.

Ehhh, not really? The dude still has a right to privacy, just like how patrons have a right to stop giving him money, like they shouldn't have been because goddammit a person should not make money rambling about Sonic the loving Hedgehog.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

MikeJF posted:

I disagree, but I'm just weirdly relieved, my brother and I really enjoy his videos together. After making a patreon, coming back and putting out videos regularly; it was a bit alarming to vanish for 6 months. Glad to hear he's at least alive. I was worried someone was going to stab him for only ranking Mario as the fourth best Sonic. He's clearly in the top 3.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Did they actually post his personal information for online discussion or are you guys calling it doxxing when they said they found out he's ok now stop bothering us?

I think the point about the patreon is he seemed hyped about producing content then just stopped. It's natural to worry about someone you're willing to pay to talk to about a blue cartoon rodent. Because everything is worrisome in that sentence.

But if they posted his info anywhere or sent dyed blue dead rats to his house or anything even approaching that, then yes that's totally not ok and they should be sent to live with Derek Smart.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If it was $per video or if he stopped the patreon, no worries, disappear, but if you've taken money for a promise to make content and you vanish without notice, I don't think it's too unreasonable for people who contributed to search about to find out what happened to you, even if there's no real contract-for-deliverables in place. Not talking about spreading contact details around or anything.

I can understand the opposing point of view, especially given how patreon is really a charity-with-bonus platform, so... ehhhh. I have not spent much time deliberating heavily on the moral arguments, so maybe yeah no :shrug:

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 4, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMT3_32oRLY

Some gameplay of sonic racing game got put out

It looks kind of... bad. Sonic please shut the gently caress up

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

this feels really slow, which, is not what i expect from a racing game or a sonic game, and not from a sonic racing game

like im not expecting f-zero speeds here but the other Sega All-Stars Racing games felt pretty speedy

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It has a lot of the polish of All Stars, but it does look like the pace and finesse have been neutered somewhat to make it easier for kids to pick up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hopefully this is just 50cc.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Yep, that looks exactly like what I assumed it would be, Racing Transformed except not as good. :shrug:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Looks like a severely anemic version of All Stars Racing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Looks like a lovely boring version of the tree track in MK8. I wish they’d change Sonic’s voice actor again since I’m getting really sick of the current one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm willing to wait and see since this is still early development of the game, and there's a story mode, which likely has different levels of difficulty, speed, and track complexity.

Also Sonic talking isn't nearly as annoying as hearing Morton turn into Fat Albert every few seconds in MK8, and I was able to tolerate that pretty easily, so that didn't really bother me.

more importantly, Omega's car seems to be his lower body, and that's amazing.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i love omega

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

All stars racing transformed but bad is an interesting direction to take the game in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'But bad' has been the unofficial tag line of the series for a long time

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

'But bad' has been the unofficial tag line of the series for a long time

Generations but bad worked out for them so why not try the same for their beloved racing series.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1003689885440491520?s=21
Sonic Twitter has really jumped the shark.:barf::barf::barf:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jun 5, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's a press demo, they're always on the absolute lowest speed settings.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah it's probably set to Game Journalist Mode so can't really judge yet

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The speed seemed okay to me, it’s everything else that looks mediocre.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sonic might just suck.