Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

We should all be thankful that game development decisions aren't crowdsourced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They should put more and more characters in and never balance them, and when asked why said they looked at GameFAQs for suggestions. And then keep doing it for twenty years.

Nalesh posted:

Really wish matt would stop getting shitfaced during lps.

Until it actively impairs his ability to play the game I'm gonna take all the Hitomi and Simpsons jokes I can get out of this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Motto posted:

We should all be thankful that game development decisions aren't crowdsourced.

I still don't get why swords bother everyone so much. Smash Bros doesn't have an extremely diverse selection of weaponry. If you're not using a sword then you're unarmed 85% of the time. There're outliers like Peach, Ness, Lucas, and Bowser Jr.'s Smash attacks or Fox's blaster but by and large most people go unarmed or use a sword because swords are pretty much always the go to weapon of incredible power.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Are they all super mad about the Fire Emblem characters using swords

Like, y'know, pretty much every fantasy character
If Alm shows up as another counter-sword I swear to christ...

RareAcumen posted:

I still don't get why swords bother everyone so much. Smash Bros doesn't have an extremely diverse selection of weaponry. If you're not using a sword then you're unarmed 85% of the time. There're outliers like Peach, Ness, Lucas, and Bowser Jr.'s Smash attacks or Fox's blaster but by and large most people go unarmed or use a sword because swords are pretty much always the go to weapon of incredible power.
It's less that and more that 3/4 of the FE characters default to having a Down B counter and that is boring

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. When Marth, Lucina, Ike, Roy, and Corrin all fit that same mold, its hard not for it to feel samey. Especially from a series as varied as Fire Emblem. It'd be like if the Pokemon reps were just the 7 Fire type starters.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Woof why is this thread so stinky suddenly? Oh...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

It's less that and more that 3/4 of the FE characters default to having a Down B counter and that is boring

Ah, alright that makes sense. Ike, Corrin, Robin don't seem like counter people anyway so I can give you that.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So David Cage managed to go watch Wall-E, I see.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That scene was pretty badass. Climbing out of the pits of hell. The angel statue was a bit much though haha. I

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Uh, did Matt just use the n-word in the latest part of Detroit?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shindragon posted:

That scene was pretty badass. Climbing out of the pits of hell. The angel statue was a bit much though haha. I

Markus gets some really goofy writing, but yeah he also gets some really visually cool scenes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sometimes I feel like Detroit was made specifically for them. Pat's immortal, Matt's doing crimes, Woolie the black, oppressed guy that literally presses Reboot.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So police think Markus killed a old man via psychic heart attack I guess. They don't detain the robot that's standing perfectly still going "no its not me" but instead shoot it.

They don't bring it to robo-prison where Conner or any of the other FBI goons can question him about this surge of robo violence, they instead through him in a rando junk heap with like a billion other broken bots.

God this games Markus story

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I mean someone already said it but the cops just blasting the fully cooperating tan (robo)person is pretty accurate. :stonklol:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
And it seems like robodeath is permanent unless you're a Patron 3000.

It's dumb and not shown very well, but police coming down, shooting the blackrobot and throwing it out since there's nothing else to do and the white guy said it was okay, is the most realistic display in this game so far.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That scene is pretty cool, does seem a bit ridiculous how quickly things went down. I also suppose the suggestion was that he was "out" for sometime. Do you end up there regardless of how the previous Markus scene ended?

Suspension of disbelief and all, but it seems pretty wild they just throw away androids like that. I get that they're supposed to be seen as (literally) disposable household "things" but you think Cyberlife would be interested in a) any ones that went deviant/had problems, and b) recycling and salvaging parts?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

That scene is pretty cool, does seem a bit ridiculous how quickly things went down. I also suppose the suggestion was that he was "out" for sometime. Do you end up there regardless of how the previous Markus scene ended?

Suspension of disbelief and all, but it seems pretty wild they just throw away androids like that. I get that they're supposed to be seen as (literally) disposable household "things" but you think Cyberlife would be interested in a) any ones that went deviant/had problems, and b) recycling and salvaging parts?

Recycling is the biggest thing. Markus easily reassembled himself to be functional. I can't believe any reason to leave a wall of working arms alone and not bring them in to clean up, mix-n-match and sell some Refurbished Androids for low-budget consumers.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Y'all sounding a lot like the incredibly broken brained posters in the Westworld thread

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Roth posted:

Uh, did Matt just use the n-word in the latest part of Detroit?

When?

He said Negro but A) that's not a slur, and B) it was in relation to "Magical Negro" when they met Amanda.

That's the only time I heard anything like the n word

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only person that said the hard R word is Liam in a podcast.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Tae posted:

The only person that said the hard R word is Liam in a podcast.

Nah, he also let it slip in the Star Fox Adventures LP.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

N-word? Did Matt say nubian again :v:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Looks like GOW got a new thumbnail.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

And it seems like robodeath is permanent unless you're a Patron 3000.

It's dumb and not shown very well, but police coming down, shooting the blackrobot and throwing it out since there's nothing else to do and the white guy said it was okay, is the most realistic display in this game so far.

I can almost 100% guarantee that them shooting a black robo-person was just a coincidence on the script writers and they would of probably shot Alice or anyone else that was there :v:

Also WAS Markus just seeing inside himself all transparent? I was kind of half asleep and the screen was dark as hell but that giant hole seemingly vanished and him popping a eyeball in healed that entire gash in his head pretty soundly.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can almost 100% guarantee that them shooting a black robo-person was just a coincidence on the script writers and they would of probably shot Alice or anyone else that was there :v:

Also WAS Markus just seeing inside himself all transparent? I was kind of half asleep and the screen was dark as hell but that giant hole seemingly vanished and him popping a eyeball in healed that entire gash in his head pretty soundly.

The healing started after he replaced his robo heart thorium pump thing.

Also, it is a video game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Matt and Crymetina did a Critique video on Jojo costumes and Matt legit doesn't know and/or remembers poo poo about Jojo past part...2-ish? "oh they're...a thing."

Still fun tho.

edit: oh my god matt legit doesn't remember ANYTHING after part 2 it's amazing

Dias fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 5, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Jojo was always Pat and Woolie's thing. To be honest I can't think of a show the channel went more balls-in on than Jojo and it probably was a bit overblown.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They're super in on GoT... and refuse to read ASoIaF.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Can't double down on the bad, to be fair.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

BrownThunder posted:

The healing started after he replaced his robo heart thorium pump thing.

Also, it is a video game.

I mean, I get it's a video game but in a gameplay segment all about recovering parts to repair yourself having big chunks of your body magically reform is kind of strange I gotta say.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

Jojo was always Pat and Woolie's thing. To be honest I can't think of a show the channel went more balls-in on than Jojo and it probably was a bit overblown.

You can never be too into Jojo.

also the crymetina video is probably the mattest matt video that has ever matted

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Can't double down on the bad, to be fair.

If Woolie has proven anything it's that you can always double down on bad.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Rodyle posted:

They're loving smart

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3quxUDs3Wk

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ugh, I immediately thought of Persona 5 instead.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Become Human seems...adequate, which is weird. the LP is still fun, butn part of me is sad we are losing the classic, Awful Cage.

It's like when your crazy loser friend from high school who did all sorts of whacky poo poo finally cleans up and gets a job. You're have he has his act together, but you also lost a colorful character in your life.

Or when Uwe Boll graduated from insane incompetent hack to just boring lame filmmaker.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I've been told Detroit has an actual writing team so it's far less David Cage by volume which is probably why most people are confused by this game.

The parts you suspect are written by David Cage are written by David Cage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie kept saying it, this much money means he's reigned in, held back to the neater concepts without going full balls-to-the-walls wacky. A David Caged, if you will.

I'm still expecting some good ol' cringe later on, tho.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They're still really early in Detroit, keep in mind. You'll see David Cage mode once Kara's in the rape robo dungeon because of course there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tae posted:

They're still really early in Detroit, keep in mind. You'll see David Cage mode once Kara's in the rape robo dungeon because of course there is.

Yea, if this were Heavy Rain we wouldn't even be at the trials part yet, we'd be making snacks for SHAUN.

Also, there's been plenty of stupid already, like the loving price of the androids.