Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Lessail posted:

this is who y'all think i am lmao

It will be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
that guy's already worse actually

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
yes i'm worse than the guy who is distraught at being forced to watch his team win the cup in game 5 this is a correct and rational thought

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am happy for both teams because if vegas wins we make history (we already did but we do it again) and become the first expansion team in a major sport to win the championship but if washington wins it gives ovechkin and the caps their first cup win and they've been waiting way longer than we have for it, much like all of canada. if the caps give up a 3-1 lead warriors style though thats gonna be hilarious(sad for caps fans).

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Lessail posted:

yes i'm worse than the guy who is distraught at being forced to watch his team win the cup in game 5 this is a correct and rational thought

yes

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

nice to get confirmation you're dumb as poo poo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Lessail posted:

everyone has grown accustomed to kawa's histrionics. yours are fresh and new which makes them much worse

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Knights in 7 then, i hope.

Win it at home, boys

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Stoppable force, meet moveable object

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I didn't realize we blew 3-1 series leads. I just remember 2-0 ones. Maybe some from before I watched? Probably some Penguins series too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here ya go Kawalimus:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ravens/status/1003817622331371520

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Good job Ravens!

Glad theyre in the "F the Redskins but not DC" camp like I am.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/russianmachine/status/1003836543059062785?s=19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lessail posted:

nice to get confirmation you're dumb as poo poo

Aye Doc posted:

everyone has grown accustomed to kawa's histrionics. yours are fresh and new which makes them much worse

Kawa's fatalism is at least a little tongue-in-cheek and at least he's not acting like every sports radio caller of the last 35 years.

Dude, lessail, sports are silly and fun and not the end of the goddamn world. Getting really close to the peak and realizing you might not make it does indeed suck, but you can either enjoy the ride for what it is, or approach it like the dad at every high school sporting event that takes things waaaaaay too seriously.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

DJExile posted:

sports are silly and fun and not the end of the goddamn world

Whoa whoa whoa. I want to see if the Caps can close this out before I'm willing to believe this is the case.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Washington believes. I believe.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

i hope i get the day off to go see the parade for the caps

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Reaves is gonna try to fight Wilson the entirety of game 5

It's gonna be so great.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
Last night was perfect. Had some delicious sushi at Nobu. Watched the Caps dominate. Yelled at the top of my lungs for 3 hours. Watched the idiot at the end of my row forget that he used his red towel to clean up his spilt beer as he raised it above his head and spun it to celebrate a goal...soaking everyone within 10 feet. It’s the little things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vegas dude is mcvey, not Kawalimus.

Maybe a splash of derp or whatever his user name is now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Soooooo........

Will the Grammy award winning band Imagine Dragons be performing on the ice before game five?

I think they should do whatever it takes to make that happen.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/JapersRink/status/1003940160789245952

Marc-Andre Fleury is/in...The Last Demon.

Lessail posted:

It's a bit hyperbolic to say but your team has never lost a playoff series in its history. Enjoy the ride while it's going strong.

Take it from somebody whose expansion team made the playoffs once in 14 seasons (and got swept) and then went back to Bad the next season: You're probably going to want to pray to the deity of your choice Wild Bill doesn't regress into a bottom six forward.

Slappy Pappy posted:

Watched the idiot at the end of my row forget that he used his red towel to clean up his spilt beer as he raised it above his head and spun it to celebrate a goal...soaking everyone within 10 feet. It’s the little things.

I had some hipster douchebike with an oversize knit cap (I would've felt badly had it actually been a cancer patient, but I later confirmed he was as described) sitting next to me at Game 3 and he had a full beer in the cupholder between us. I finally asked him to take a sip out of it so I didn't wear it the next time the CBJ scored.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I still love your av.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1003985777871769601

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

inshallah

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Slappy Pappy posted:

Last night was perfect. Had some delicious sushi at Nobu. Watched the Caps dominate. Yelled at the top of my lungs for 3 hours. Watched the idiot at the end of my row forget that he used his red towel to clean up his spilt beer as he raised it above his head and spun it to celebrate a goal...soaking everyone within 10 feet. It’s the little things.

that reminds me how I went to Tono or somewhere near the zoo to eat sushi before some inevitable Capitals playoff loss against the Canadiens and some drunk guy kept insisting I was Dave Steckel so I signed their sweater (this was like 2hrs before the game, also apart from being tall I look nothing like Steckel at all). hope they got good ebay bux for that

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Does anyone have a gif of Backstrom tossing his head back at Miller? TIA

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Math You posted:

Does anyone have a gif of Backstrom tossing his head back at Miller? TIA

https://twitter.com/hockeykot/status/1003817657219584001

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he was giving him advice.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
In addition to being loud and fun and boisterous, that was also the highest crowd I've seen in Washington outside of like... Flaming Lips on the National Mall for Earth Day.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey guys, it is time for Ilya Bryzgalov fun times in the Las Vegas for The Finals. :munch::
https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/1003653257259110401

e- That Elvis conversation gets reeeeeeeeeally politically interesting.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jun 5, 2018

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Most painful loss of the Ovechkin era was round 1 vs Montreal. Penguins were always realistically a major threat to beat us. But Montreal, that was our big 120-point year and the last frickin seed beat us at home in game 7, after we were up 3-1(hey now I remember this suddenly!).

If we lose this one this will supplant that. But that was seriously the most bitter I ever felt after a sports loss, any team.

It was such a great time to be a Caps fan before that. Ovechkin wasn't just going to be another Jagr. We were going to win a cup(at worst) with this guy.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 5, 2018

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey guys, it is time for Ilya Bryzgalov fun times in the Las Vegas for The Finals. :munch::
https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/1003653257259110401

:allears:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Ovechkin wasn't just going to be another Jagr.

Oh, you were worried he was only going to be as good as the guy who is #2 all time in points and #3 all time in goals?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I would love for them to close out on Thursday, but the Caps cannot seem to play series that last less than 6 games so I'm fully expecting some unfortunate luck reversal and a loss. They won't be losing 3 in a row to this crew though.

I believe it is our time.

Lessail chill bro your team still had a hell of a season even if you come up a smidge short with a roster of misfits.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Dangerllama posted:

Oh, you were worried he was only going to be as good as the guy who is #2 all time in points and #3 all time in goals?

jagr does not have a good history with the caps

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

News: Stanley Cup Champion Tom Wilson
Views: :smug:

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

Most painful loss of the Ovechkin era was round 1 vs Montreal. Penguins were always realistically a major threat to beat us. But Montreal, that was our big 120-point year and the last frickin seed beat us at home in game 7, after we were up 3-1(hey now I remember this suddenly!).

If we lose this one this will supplant that. But that was seriously the most bitter I ever felt after a sports loss, any team.

It was such a great time to be a Caps fan before that. Ovechkin wasn't just going to be another Jagr. We were going to win a cup(at worst) with this guy.

best part of that game is Mike "I have no moves now lol" Green trying to just crosscheck someone directly in front of him to advance the puck

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

romanowski posted:

jagr does not have a good history with the caps

Ah, for some reason I only remember information about 27 of the teams (Calgary Flames Legend) Jagr has played for. Carry on then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

XyrlocShammypants posted:

News: Stanley Cup Champion Tom Wilson
Views: :smug:

aaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Locked thread