Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Pacific Rim 2 has Trololo in it’s film.

Also yeah it’s fine. It looks less annoying than Bay’s later ones.

Wait what? How did they put trololo in the film?

Also Westworld rickrolled its fans and it was pretty well done I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

kanonvandekempen posted:

Wait what? How did they put trololo in the film?

Also Westworld rickrolled its fans and it was pretty well done I thought.

It mainly features young pilots, one of them is either Russian or East-European and puts on that song to get in the zone. It is supposed to be silly.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHSlHhh1gk

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
It says "bee" and there's a picture of bee on it!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I love how the premise is right there with the kid sister wrecking the lego worlds and stealing a couple of the figures back to her room but they go ahead and turn it into a fun looking awesome adventure where Lucky is kidnapped by this different lego and taken to a different dimension?. Anyways, Lego movie was good, Lego Batman was good, this will probably be also good?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I laughed a bunch of times during the teaser, it's gonna be great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hopefully - Ninjago was terrible.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Lotta trailers coming out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsFc2gguEg

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Should I read the book before or after seeing the movie?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

What a world we live in where a new Transformers movie looks good and Wreck It Ralph 2 looks bad.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

In the 1980s, a bunch of people who watched Herbie The Love Bug were making a cartoon to sell toys from Japan and asked themselves wouldn't it be better if Herbie could... transform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIX12F6958

Not gonna lie, that Bernie Mac VO had me feeling some type of way.

BIP Mr. 3000

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can someone explain to me how on his deathbed Adam Yauch had everyone promise not to use Beastie Boys music for advertising and yet here we are? Did they just say yeah we'll decide if something is good enough? I'm not complaining just curious if anyone knows the deal on that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You throw enough money at a problem and it eventually stops being a problem.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think they draw a line between stuff that's technically an artistic context (even if it's commercial art) and stuff that just goes "HEY REMEMBER BEASTIE BOYS?". Using Sabotage in a trailer is fine, using it in a car commercial is not, essentially.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow, that actually looks incredible. I got chills during the shot of the planes going over the mountain, this movie looks super wild.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Oscar Isaac and Nick Kroll: Nazi Hunters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP5n5VFxiO4

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Can someone explain to me how on his deathbed Adam Yauch had everyone promise not to use Beastie Boys music for advertising and yet here we are? Did they just say yeah we'll decide if something is good enough? I'm not complaining just curious if anyone knows the deal on that.

I’m glad it stopped because Intergalactic is a prime movie tune.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This looks anime as gently caress. I want Peter Jackson to make the Attack on Titan hollywood version now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

teagone posted:

This looks anime as gently caress. I want Peter Jackson to make the Attack on Titan hollywood version now.

There's already an anime with a similar premise (they escape with their city on rails).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9m3LOUzZs4

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

clown shoes posted:

Oscar Isaac and Nick Kroll: Nazi Hunters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP5n5VFxiO4

Hopefully this movie ends with a shot of the IDF gunning down unarmed kids and medics and asking themselves “are we the baddies?”

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

If I had $1 for every YA villain named Valentine my ticket would be paid for.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

The MSJ posted:

In the 1980s, a bunch of people who watched Herbie The Love Bug were making a cartoon to sell toys from Japan and asked themselves wouldn't it be better if Herbie could... transform?

So, we have proper Starscream, and Bumblebee looking like he's fighting a Huey helicopter and a humvee. Could we have the Combaticons please?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Looks like dogshit.

Also, :lol: at the trailer being a play-by-play exposition of the entire movie

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

MonsieurChoc posted:

Should I read the book before or after seeing the movie?

The book is cool and good, and held up pretty well the last time I read it. It's got a bunch of cool weird post apocalyptic stuff that's not just all brown and grimdark all the time. And it predated the YA boom, so it dodges a lot of the dumb cliches of the genre. Most of the trailer (aside from a handful of shots) seem to have come from the first 2/3rds of the story, just going on what I know from the book.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

The MSJ posted:

Ive really liked Hailee Steinfeld in her movies (not so much her music). Im cautiously optimistic

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Never hard of the series but the idea of the city on wheels is pretty cool. Also I like Hugo Weaving, so who knows!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's a gamble with a first time director but at least it isn't directed by Peter Jackson so I can count on it not being 3.5 hours long for no reason whatsoever.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

kiimo posted:

It's a gamble with a first time director but at least it isn't directed by Peter Jackson so I can count on it not being 3.5 hours long for no reason whatsoever.

Oh wow thats a big job for a first time director, so many FX

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

100m budget.

He storyboarded like every LOTR thing though so it looks like he has some experience with big budgets.

edit: the history of visual effects people turning director is dubious at best, I should mention. That's how you get things like Transcendence made. *shudder*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don’t forget Skyline!

Actually, forget Skyline.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

kiimo posted:

100m budget.

He storyboarded like every LOTR thing though so it looks like he has some experience with big budgets.

edit: the history of visual effects people turning director is dubious at best, I should mention. That's how you get things like Transcendence made. *shudder*

Wally Pfister was a longtime DP, not an effects guy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't really like this book and am kind of the opinion that Gillian Flynn is only good when a top shelf director (Fincher, McQueen) adapts her work, but I like the music in this trailer for Sharp Objects and Amy Adams is a good choice for the lead.

https://youtu.be/asX53aeBPJE

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Christian Rivers was also going to direct a film about WWII fighter pilots that never ended up getting off the ground, but they did all the pre-production and a little bit of test shooting, so he has some basic experience in putting a film like this together.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

flashy_mcflash posted:

I didn't really like this book and am kind of the opinion that Gillian Flynn is only good when a top shelf director (Fincher, McQueen) adapts her work, but I like the music in this trailer for Sharp Objects and Amy Adams is a good choice for the lead.

https://youtu.be/asX53aeBPJE

I like this, and I've always had a soft spot for Patricia Clarkson, and Im not sure why

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

kiimo posted:

the history of visual effects people turning director is dubious at best

David Fincher and James Cameron balance everything else out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Teenage Fansub posted:

David Fincher and James Cameron balance everything else out.

David Fincher came from music videos. Cameron doesn't balance anything out because he's terrible.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cameron was more art direction/set design right? Worked on Galaxy of Terror.

(Coincidentally that's also how Ridley Scott got started.)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I miss the old pathway to success in Hollywood: doing movies for Roger Corman.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Timby posted:

Wally Pfister was a longtime DP, not an effects guy.

DP, effects

whatever Transcendence sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Christian Rivers was also going to direct a film about WWII fighter pilots that never ended up getting off the ground

Bit of an odd premise, I can imagine why it never took off.