Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dear Dana White,

Hey man it's your friend Dana White here.

So, you wanna be an Ultimate Fighter? Well back in the day I used to go out around the world and scout new talent. I haven't done that since my show, "Dana White's Lookin' For A Fight", last episode. So me and the guys at the UFC, my co-partner Dana White, our producer Dana White, and our matchmaker Dana White, we all got together a year ago and thought "We should have a show where we showcase new and upcoming talent with the focus on the fighters." So we created "Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series Presented by Dana White" to do just that.

Then, we had a even crazier idea. We'll have the fights on a Tuesday night in Vegas because there's not much else to do in Vegas on a Tuesday other than lines of cocaine and paying for broken limo windows. THEN, we had an even more crazy idea, we're gonna hire Calvin "Snoop Dogg" Broadus, Jr. to be our commentator we'll try to hide away. Let me tell you, the WME buyout of my former partners (Dana White & Dana White) has helped elevate myself to a great position to do this sort of stuff.

We're back for Season 2 of Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series Presented by Dana White where we have even more opportunities for guys to get hired for "being a heavyweight." Tune in on UFC Fight Passto catch the fights.

Week 1 - June 12
Heavyweight - Alonzo Menifield vs. Dashawn Boatwright
Welterweight - Chris Curtis vs. Sean Lally
Heavyweight - Greg Hardy vs. Austen Lane
Bantamweight - Montel Jackson vs. Rico DiSciullo
Middleweight - Will Santiago vs. Kevin Holland

Sincerely,

Dana White

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Season one was good as poo poo, looking forward to this one.

Aside from the higher profile fighters (e.g. Hardy, Newell, Shevchenko) is there anyone else people are high on?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Bisping is going to be a commentator for Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series Presented by Dana White. I haven't heard anything about a Snoopcast, so thats probably not coming back.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1004040861666013184

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Replacing the SnoopCast with Bisping sounds loving terrible

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Snoop and Bisping commentating together would be hilarious.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mekchu posted:

Snoop and Bisping commentating together would be hilarious.

maybe dj mikey b can teach snoop a thing or two about the music biz

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm about to go into a meeting for about an hour and a half, so I'll catch the replay, but I just want to say here that I hope Greg Hardy gets his rotten loving face smashed in. Go Austen Lane. Namaste.

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Dashawn "buck, the 400 lb gorilla" Boatright will replace beastin 25/8 as my new favorite fighter to hear buffer announce

please win

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This one guy is fighting like 2 weight classes higher than he should holy crap

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Santiago to finish this so bad

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This is where we miss the sage Snoop Dogg dumping on this guy for loving around and not getting a contract

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series, brought to you by Trump’s America

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

All the troop brands support this cast.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'm rooting for the guy that was telling Dana that he's coming.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This Jackson dude looks pretty good

E: lol lil Kongo

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 13, 2018

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Jackson has gone for the Cycle for fouls!!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I feel like if you lose 2 points to fouls in a fight maybe you should just be dq'd.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Jackson with the foul trifecta but Rico really sucked and was totally outclassed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy gently caress

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

boo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress Greg hardy but goddamn that dude hits hard, Jesus

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Cool the murderous domestic abuser is gonna get a UFC contract.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Derrick Lewis asked for Hardy if he made it to the UFC, make it happen

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goddamn that was nice

90s Rememberer
Nov 30, 2017

by R. Guyovich

self unaware posted:

Dashawn "buck, the 400 lb gorilla" Boatright will replace beastin 25/8 as my new favorite fighter to hear buffer announce

please win

rip

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh didn't see the thread.

That was a sweet TKO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Menifield and Hardy signed

Should’ve signed Montel. Other than the fouls he looked like the most prepared fighter.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

sportsgenius86 posted:

Menifield and Hardy signed

Should’ve signed Montel. Other than the fouls he looked like the most prepared fighter.

Curtis seemed very Sam Alvey-ish in his ability to do very little for 2.5 rounds and then land one dumb strike

So he should have gotten signed

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the better Greg hardy does the more loving stupid it is that he was signed in the first place. it's not like this was some questionable poo poo back in the 80s. this was a brutal beating of someone 120 lbs lighter than him 4 ago and he's been arrested once or twice since. It's bonkers that he got off absolutely scot free but the narrative is "second chance, I've changed." what loving second chance exactly? he should get a shot after he goes five rounds with a Silverback gorilla.
second chance my rear end.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

We live in a world where Floyd Mayweather is celebrated as one of the greatest in the history of his sport, and his long history of domestic violence is a minor footnote.

If Greg Hardy was a better player, he would still be playing in the NFL, but his production dropped and he was apparently a pain in the rear end in the locker room, so he was no longer worth it. All those articles that were written pleading with the UFC to not sign him are just silly. If he can fight and stay out of jail, then he's going to be on the roster until he can no longer fight.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/damonmartin/status/1006820527854546944?s=21

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
congrats to greg hardy

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Who’s up tomorrow? Anyone notable?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

loving brutal KO

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This has been really good tonight

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

They didn't need the judges tonight. 4 KO's and a submission.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Week 2 Contracts:
Dwight Grant
Ryan Spann
Anthony Hernandez
Matt Sayles

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That Dwight Grant KO was excellent, he knocked him into next week. I was gonna be real mad if he didn't get a contract.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when is greg hardy fighting again, he looked really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Skip My Posts posted:

when is greg hardy fighting again, he looked really good

I know he was signed but Dana made it sound like they wanted to help him keep training for a while before he fights officially in the UFC.

Plus this just happened

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1009909923386462209

• Locked thread