Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Megasabin posted:

So I've heard both that Microsofts conference will be 2 hours and that it will only be 45 min. Which is it?

It's confusing as hell.

Twitch's schedule lists it as 45 minutes, which is shockingly short for a main console presentation. If you go to Microsoft's E3 briefing site there's an option to add it to your Windows Calendar, and if you do that you get a 2 hour event added.

I guess it's fitting that a briefing that has no known games going into it has no proper time frame given!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

It's confusing as hell.

Twitch's schedule lists it as 45 minutes, which is shockingly short for a main console presentation. If you go to Microsoft's E3 briefing site there's an option to add it to your Windows Calendar, and if you do that you get a 2 hour event added.

I guess it's fitting that a briefing that has no known games going into it has no proper time frame given!

p sure Twitch also claims Nintendo's is 45 too so I'm not sure how accurate they are.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

p sure Twitch also claims Nintendo's is 45 too so I'm not sure how accurate they are.

Isn't Nintendo's often sub-1hr?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Megasabin posted:

So I've heard both that Microsofts conference will be 2 hours and that it will only be 45 min. Which is it?

Phil said today expect 100 mins but twitch seems to think only 45 will be worth showing

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

univbee posted:

I'm assumng they're placeholders or something.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

univbee posted:

Last year was 25min, 45 seems too long

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Ya

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Remember Nintendo doesn't do a stage show, but a slickly-edited thing that doesn't have to wait for canned applause or for the prototype car to lower to the stage, which cuts down on how long it is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

univbee posted:

Remember Nintendo doesn't do a stage show, but a slickly-edited thing that doesn't have to wait for canned applause or for the prototype car to lower to the stage, which cuts down on how long it is.

Dont forget the game not working!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJA2l4N3Izw

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

univbee posted:

Did they stop doing that after Ravi Drums/that lady who played up the nintendo mom angle/VITALITY SENSOR?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Did they stop doing that after Ravi Drums/that lady who played up the nintendo mom angle/VITALITY SENSOR?

No.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Calaveron posted:

I think they stopped after the Wii U year.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

If you do this in-game you get a trophy called "Stage fright".

Also it was pretty wild to see some on-stage "live" footage turn out to be not pre-rendered.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Avalanche's new game that isn't Rage 2 just got a trailer. What if machines attacked 80s Sweden?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6kheRkaT7Q

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Policenaut posted:

I think they stopped after the Wii U year.

Best thing they could've done. Short punchy skits followed by awesome trailers and prerecorded announcements and then Treehouse stuff to go in depth and show how complete the games are were the absolute best way to go

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Psychedelicatessen posted:

If you do this in-game you get a trophy called "Stage fright".

Also it was pretty wild to see some on-stage "live" footage turn out to be not pre-rendered.

Yeah I think after the initial "haha it's busted live on stage" I think people were like "but I appreciated that it was obviously real gameplay."

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

havenwaters posted:

Avalanche's new game that isn't Rage 2 just got a trailer. What if machines attacked 80s Sweden?

I dig the music and setting. I hope the rest of the game is cool.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

havenwaters posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6kheRkaT7Q

The trailer doesn't really sell me, but it's such a specific setting that I can't help but be interested.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So someone finally made a game out of those weird painted pictures of robots chilling out in old timey countrysides? Interesting.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I think after the initial "haha it's busted live on stage" I think people were like "but I appreciated that it was obviously real gameplay."

But what if publishers catch on and insert scripted not working sections in their fake real gameplay? :tinfoil:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

So someone finally made a game out of those weird painted pictures of robots chilling out in old timey countrysides? Interesting.

Yeah it feels like a cross between that, Stranger Things, and Left 4 Dead

Could be interesting.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I always loved that aesthetic and even bought the books that go with it, but would have preferred it in more of a "the future technology is just there alongside the old" rather than this which seems to mostly have the future technology as antagonists and aggressors. Could still be interesting, though.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Atlus announced their 2 new E3 games and unsurprisingly they're just the Persona 3 and Persona 5 dancing games. Shockingly they're also localizing the Vita versions so the Vita will continue to lurch in its eternal undeath for another year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtbjStPDs_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YpE76JQoM

Given that I’m the kind of loser that got the platinum trophy for P4: Dancing All Night, I’m looking forward to both of these a lot.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Days Gone now has a release date: Friday, February 22nd, 2019.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Today's announcement for Sony's Countdown to E3 was a new trailer and release date for Days Gone: the zombie game that isn't The Last of Us 2. February 22nd, 2019. Trailer has a bunch of zombie animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoH2vHKbp5Y

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that game hasnt show anything that would justify its existence

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It looks OK
Doesn't seem to do anything super interesting with any of the genres it's playing with.

Not bad
Not great
It's OK

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Microsoft presser can always be padded with more Minecraft.

Last year they kept the segment to under four minutes with just a small trailer and Phil talking about the 4K update.

But they can always stretch those segments out longer like the 2016 one with Carmack.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like I'd def pick it up when it's 80% off and play the gently caress out of it, but there's nothing there that screams like it'd be worth paying full price of admission.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Policenaut posted:

Today's announcement for Sony's Countdown to E3 was a new trailer and release date for Days Gone: the zombie game that isn't The Last of Us 2. February 22nd, 2019. Trailer has a bunch of zombie animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoH2vHKbp5Y

Is there even a single person in the world who is excited for this game?

Like I just don't understand how people can still make zombie games nowadays and still choose to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW OR INTERESTING with them. The premise of a zombie game is already completely outdated and boring. If you, for some reason, HAVE to do something with zombies, you need to do something new.

Literally nothing in that trailer shows that they are doing anything interesting or new with the concept. I am totally baffled

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Microsoft is rumored to have a presence at Nintendo's direct.

Maybe they'll show off a Minecraft stage/steve/Banjo/whatever in Smash during Microsoft's conference?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Like I'd def pick it up when it's 80% off and play the gently caress out of it, but there's nothing there that screams like it'd be worth paying full price of admission.

It looks like the perfect game to get next year when it's yeah like 60% off in a flash sale and it got a couple DLC updates and hey they patched out some bugs too! Other than that uhhhhh I'm sure someone wants this???? Sound off Days Gone Wanters!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

And yet I feel itll move a million copies first month at least for reasons ill never understand

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
i'd be excited if the main character had better biker style and wore his long hair in a harry styles bandana

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Never forget the pandering scripted cringe nonsense that permeates all Microsoft conferences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byy0En3tCQU&t=107s

"An Xbox live achievement, on an ipad, on stage at E3" :barf:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

The original leak seems cool because it has stuff that people might not predict that is seemingly provable now, it's funny that the additional pages are almost all stuff that we already know and would be easier to fake (and is even blurrier?)

lol it's funny how the additional pages are photographed so they hide the corner of the paper that was covered up in the original, almost like a bad edit.

DQ11 playable on Switch, in English, would actually be some megaton announcement poo poo. It only recently got a September western release date for PC and PS4 and the Switch version still hasn't come out in Japan -- all Square-Enid has said is that it could potentially release "much later" and definitely not in 2018. I agree that the second leak is probably fake though r

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

And yet I feel itll move a million copies first month at least for reasons ill never understand

marketing is a more powerful force than you or i

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i'd be excited if the main character had better biker style and wore his long hair in a harry styles bandana

He's missing the visual appeal of Naughty Dog's iconic characters, white dude with gun and bearded white dude with gun.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm a tiny bit hype for days gone just based on that cool trailer with the big river of zombies, and the survival stuff and ambushes and the like. I'm still wait and see tho.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It feels like a "definitely check it out at half price" game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Is there even a single person in the world who is excited for this game?

Like I just don't understand how people can still make zombie games nowadays and still choose to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW OR INTERESTING with them. The premise of a zombie game is already completely outdated and boring. If you, for some reason, HAVE to do something with zombies, you need to do something new.

Literally nothing in that trailer shows that they are doing anything interesting or new with the concept. I am totally baffled

It's made by the Bubsy 3D team, so uninspired is their bread and butter.

• Locked thread