Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I hopped over to Inoreader after Feedly couldn't keep up with my metric ton of feeds I follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spanko
Apr 7, 2004
winnar

Apparently AllYourTexts no longer works after IOS 10. Is there another free app that can export text messages to pdf/txt from an Iphone to a Windows PC?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Cross posting a request from the iPad thread:

I’m creating a two week trip itinerary on my iPad and I’m really hitting snags with Pages. I don’t like how it has to be sized like I’m going to print it. I want something I can seamlessly add text, pictures, and draw on with my pencil. Sort of like a bulletin board where I can lasso things and move them around and resize them.

Pages is great for office stuff, but I need something sort of between that and Procreate.

Any suggestions?

E: A more specific thing I want to avoid: in Pages I have to tab over and ‘enter’ a bunch to get text where I want it. I like aspects of old school MSPaint more where I can tap somewhere, add text there, drag a picture in, resize it, then write next to both of those.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Did you try Notes?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OneNote? It’s what I use for notes and it defaults to an infinite canvas/page for each note.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Did you try Notes?

Nope! :doh:

Yeah that’s what I wanted. Thanks!

E:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

OneNote? It’s what I use for notes and it defaults to an infinite canvas/page for each note.

This is even better. I like the quick transition from typing, drawing and inserting wherever. Plus like you said zooming however is nice .

Rolo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 8, 2018

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Two more options are Notability and GoodNotes.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Yeah, Pages is still a word processor and is going to frame all of your content in the context of being on a page, writing from left to right, top to bottom.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Weedle posted:

What’s the best RSS reader for iPhone that also has a web interface?

Reeder/Feedly. My only complaint right now is that built-in web viewer doesn't apply the content (ad) blocking features. Usually not an issue since you can use the Mercury Reader button on every article to usually get a minimalist version of the story ala Instapaper, but it doesn't deal with forums well and I also use Reeder/RSS to track an ad-heavy forum for new threads.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Two more options are Notability and GoodNotes.

I used to be a Notability gospel preacher but OneNote is far and away so much better. You can use it free as well. Requires a microsoft.com account, however, but we're on ios - you all signed your email souls away long ago.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My OneNote account hasn’t synced for months with no explanation why. I hate it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

My OneNote account hasn’t synced for months with no explanation why. I hate it.

Only sync issue I ever have with OneNote is at work because IT blocks personal account logins.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Does anyone have any thoughts on One Note vs Evernote?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Spikey Willow posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts on One Note vs Evernote?

Yes. Use One Note.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I prefer Evernote because I could never get my loving alumni account working with the OneNote app. However, it sounds like onenote has really stepped up its game in features and storage space and stuff.

The organization system in onenote also hurts my brain, I just don’t understand these stacks or whatever. Evernote is binders>notebooks>notes with tags and keywords.

Evernote’s search function has been hosed for awhile for me. I’ll tag something, say, health insurance card, call it health insurance card, and tag health, insurance, and card just for the hell of it. Then when I search “health insurance card”, that note ends up buried under like 14 receipts and notes about homework from my last degree. It’s almost enough to make me switch but ymmv. And it’s inconsistent. Meeting notes and stuff search up just fine.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
This has been some time, but didn't Evernote go crazy and change their policies so that they own all of your content? Just something to consider.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You gotta pay for Evernote to get close to the same functionality One Note gives you.

Careful, though. Apparently if you're a goon you might have difficulty logging in.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zigmidge posted:

You gotta pay for Evernote to get close to the same functionality One Note gives you.

Careful, though. Apparently if you're a goon you might have difficulty logging in.

Well I’m sure it’s fine for everyone else but I get O365 for free for apparently forever because I went to a big university. Since it’s free and the one I use on computers, I’d like to use that account but the login is through some sort of snowflake sharepoint implementation and all the Microsoft iOS apps just say nope. :shrug:

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
I've posted this before, but Notion is a lot better than both

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

maduin posted:

What is the search like in Notion?

I like OneNote, but for some reason starting today our corp network is going crazy over OneDrive. Every couple of minutes Internet Explorer opens and forces me to close warning windows about our firewall. It will probably be cleared up by Monday, but this is crazy annoying (the alert windows have focus over everything else and can't be shuffled to the back).

Might be good to have a backup option.

Spikey Willow
Feb 26, 2008

Thanks all. I'm familiar with One Note from work so will give that a go, but it's good to know about the others as backup.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

maduin posted:

I'd have probably had a much more productive Sunday if I had never seen this post and moved my note platform for the 4th time.

Wish it had is iPad pen support. Guess I can use Apple Notes or OneNote for that though. Also wish the Calendar functionality was less self contained and linked up to Google and Exchange but I am fine just not using it.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Best soccer/world cup schedule and notifications app?

killa-pope
May 21, 2008
I use FotMob for following my teams. Haven’t used it for a World Cup yet, but it works great for lower leagues.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I have “GoalAlert WC” installed, but no idea if it’s any good until the tournament starts. I’m guessing whoever it is in your locality has the rights will also have a section on their sports app (I haven’t checked Fox Sports yet personally).

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Forza Football is good

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Uh, is the YouTube app no longer adding watched videos to your history, or is this just a problem I'm having somehow? Curious to see how isolated this is.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What’s an app that my wife and I can use, that’s super simple, and has a very clean interface for sharing things like grocery lists and item pricing. I also want it to have push notifications.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

What’s an app that my wife and I can use, that’s super simple, and has a very clean interface for sharing things like grocery lists and item pricing. I also want it to have push notifications.

AnyList

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

obi_ant posted:

Don’t think it has push notifications but we’ve been using Buy Me A Pie for this for years

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Is there a good app managing and listening to audiobooks in mp3 format?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

Best soccer/world cup schedule and notifications app?

FotMob and Forza Football are the best, hands down. I personally use FotMob because Ilike the layout for favorite teams slightly better, but you kinda can't go wrong with either.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Housh posted:

Not really. Turn them into podcasts with justcast and then use your favourite podcast app.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Seconded.

It's outstanding and, if you have an Apple Watch, then ponying up for the AnyList Complete lets you get all your lists on your wrist (among a wealth of other really handy features).

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Housh posted:

Bound

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

gently caress yes! This is the exact kind of app I am looking for. Thanks!

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What’s the best guided meditation apps that don’t have a subscription? Oak?

It seems like everything health-related is now a subscription model and I’d rather either pay it once for life or have it for actual free.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Any more recent recommendations for Weather Apps? I checked the OP and its pretty old, so looking for anything other than Weather Underground. For reference I just loved Storm. It was hands down the best weather app I've ever used, super powerful, wind animation, radar, accurate forecasts, etc. Then :capitalism: happened and The Weather Channel bought it and shut it down and replaced it with their own lovely app. I've not found anything similar to date myself. TIA!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like BeWeather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Weather channel bought WU in 2012. But yeah Storm was a great iPad app.