Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
He says it's a lucky guess that he was a merchant in the next town over. People see this obvious set up by pod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Oh poo poo I missed that.

Hmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

If it was right, why did you change it when prompted?

You said it was right. You say I changed it to something incorrect.

You say it's a lucky guess..

Don't you agree that's pretty drat specific that I'd guess ecco's flavor for you or that she'd provide specific flavor like that to scum.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pod actually yeah, this is weak as hell if he was actually right about your flavor

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Anomalous Amalgam (2): Slamburger, Moatillata, Podima, -Moatillata, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Moatillata (1): Pinterest Mom
Podima (1): Anomalous Amalgam
b-minus1 (1): IllegallySober
Hal Incandenza (1): Moatillata
Meinberg (1): Moatillata, Podima, -Moatillata, b-minus1, -Podima

Not Voting (5): Atomic Soda, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg, SalTheBard

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 07th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 18 minutes from this post.

:)

So Hal is gone

Bminus is gone

Can we swing a vote even?

I'm here

I mean if Pod really did go two towns over I don't really get what this is about

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ugh

##vote meinberg

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm here

I mean if Pod really did go two towns over I don't really get what this is about

Oh I see he was only ONE town over hmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Ugh

##vote meinberg

Why him??

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Podima posted:

Why are you refusing to engage any of this game other than crusading against meinberg and ignoring what's going on AND peacing out with no intention of participating in deadline? This sucks.

because what is happening now is not constructive imo, this barely feels like mafia. so tired of reading flavor arguments. i would rather move on to the next day asap.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

Ugh

##vote meinberg

NO, you've seen the truth. Don't let your bromance stop you from doing the right thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well that is fine ##vote Meinberg

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Pod actually yeah, this is weak as hell if he was actually right about your flavor

I don't get this. He was initially right, and changed his answer - so his initial guess was just that. A guess. Why would he change it if it was anything other than that?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

because what is happening now is not constructive imo, this barely feels like mafia. so tired of reading flavor arguments. i would rather move on to the next day asap.

This is clearly more than that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I don't get this. He was initially right, and changed his answer - so his initial guess was just that. A guess. Why would he change it if it was anything other than that?

Why would I guess accurate flavor

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Would be fine with AA, there is an awful lot around him at this point

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Yeah but dude, he got your exact flavor. How is that not confirmation

Unless it really wasn't your flavor

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
It probably does have to be pod or AA

If they are both town then jfc

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Let me make sure I understand:

AA cops Pod

Pod asks if he made a typo

AA thinks that's Pod confirming

AA misreads his PM

AA corrects a prior statement

Pod thinks that AA is lying about their claim

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Would be fine with AA, there is an awful lot around him at this point

Are you even reading. What?!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SalTheBard posted:

Let me make sure I understand:

AA cops Pod

Pod asks if he made a typo

AA thinks that's Pod confirming

AA misreads his PM

AA corrects a prior statement

Pod thinks that AA is lying about their claim

Pod explains later that he was in fact ONE town over

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

It probably does have to be pod or AA

If they are both town then jfc

You already know the truth, man. I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
This is reminiscent of me getting AA lynched in the soldiers game. His frustration and desperation seem p real to me rn

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You already know the truth, man. I'm sorry you had to find out like this.

What the hell does this even mean

##vote pod

Let's see how far this goes

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I'll come clean. I think I'm a naive cop. I determine if someone is innocent. In flavor I'm a constable that's not seen much crime.

I checked podima.

He claimed to be a town over, and my character the constable, checked his alibi. It checked out.

So I got a result of Podima being innocent.

Nothing pertaining to alignment, but then again who knows.

I didn't lie, I pulled you aside and you told me you were two towns over. I checked your alibi, you are scum. That's why bk replaced

Podima posted:

AA’s initial claim as to my flavor was correct (next town over buying spices) but the fact that he changed it to a wrong result when given the opportunity indicates to me that it was a lucky guess in the first place. That, on top of his general conduct in the thread and ridiculous vagueness over alignments, means he’s my vote for today.

Also - notably - in a game with multiple misleading alignments, I have a REALLY hard time believing that there’s a flavor cop that works independently of alignments.

You were two towns away on business. I confirmed your alibi, you were innocent of the massacre.

He says it's a lucky guess that he was a merchant in the next town over. People see this obvious set up by pod.

I'm done talking to AA. Everyone else: Look at this story shifting and tell me that's genuine.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I'm done talking to AA. Everyone else: Look at this story shifting and tell me that's genuine.

NO. Why would I get specific flavor details about you even if they are marginally different. Address this.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

Yeah but dude, he got your exact flavor. How is that not confirmation

Unless it really wasn't your flavor

It was my flavor in terms of location but it isn't that far of a stretch to think "he was in the next town over" is a guess. It wasn't till I EXPLICITLY SAID I WAS BUYING SPICES that he changed his story to fit that, per previous post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish I could vote both of you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##unvote
##vote AA

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Bleh, I’m not going to be around for deadline tonight either.

I really think that AA’s story has been floating a bit too much, so I’m going to put my vote there.

##vote AA

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

##unvote
##vote AA

lol, I'm probably dead or blocked tonight anyhow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Meinberg posted:

Bleh, I’m not going to be around for deadline tonight either.

I really think that AA’s story has been floating a bit too much, so I’m going to put my vote there.

##vote AA

lmao

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: one one one more hour to go, oh oh.

:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Anomalous Amalgam (4): Slamburger, Moatillata, Podima, -Moatillata, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg
Moatillata (1): Pinterest Mom
Podima (1): Anomalous Amalgam
b-minus1 (1): IllegallySober
Hal Incandenza (1): Moatillata
Meinberg (1): Moatillata, Podima, -Moatillata, b-minus1, -Podima, Hal Incandenza, -Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (3): Atomic Soda, CCKeane, SalTheBard

:h: 12 / 7

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IS lost the last ecco game. I won't take his bad play as telling of alignment, but just bad play.

Apart from everything else, this is a lovely comment to make.

b-minus1 posted:

You are scum this game, of course you'd rather move on and don't care who gets dunked as long as it's not your scumbuddy?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
A lot of lazy bas votes.

I claim a flavor cop essentially.

I get results in pod that are essentially right.

I'm somehow bad? I can't wait until i retire from this game

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I've made my point for today on B- though. I think AA is the right vote.

##unvote

##vote AA

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Hal and meinberg not looking good for the vote rush

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

Apart from everything else, this is a lovely comment to make.

You are scum this game, of course you'd rather move on and don't care who gets dunked as long as it's not your scumbuddy?

It's facts man. I'm not insulting you as a person. If you feel ways about it, know I meant everything i said there.

I've lost games, there's definitely shame in it, but it's nothing to feel bad about it.

I'm just saying I don't trust your judgment here. I the last game we played you and relied on you to screw the pooch, you did.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Lmao

##unvote
##vote pod

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I'm just saying I don't trust your judgment here. I the last game we played you and relied on you to screw the pooch, you did.

Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow, I'm town, a flavor cop apparently and I got like 75% of pods flavor right unprompted. UNPROMPTED!! He says the town count is wrong.

If you want to lynch me over that, you deserve your defeat. Play mafia, not flavor wars.

• Locked thread