Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yoko Taro is going to direct final fantasy 16. Those are just the facts folks

The game will open with Yoko Taro shooting each previous final fantasy protagonist in the face while explaining that in the world of FF16, all their adventures were real and happened on their respective worlds.

Then the game starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/95EWN

Client: FromSoftware

Hrm...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally From will allow me to attack a giant enemy crabs weakpoint for massive damage

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
From is making a new Onimusha? :v:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Chikage is back, and it's my friend

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally a sequel to Bujingai The Forsaken City

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

Considering that the game is all about having to take down the evil fascist president to SAVE AMERICA its more topical than ever.

Michael Wilson is the hero America needs.:v:

https://tay.kinja.com/the-most-american-game-ever-was-a-japan-exclusive-671409334

drat this game sounds awesome. I hope it is infact a port and devolver being publisher probably means a pc port as well.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/Terak404/status/1001330819863019521

dark fantasy world resembling ancient japan you say :thunk:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

From Software sees that Tecmo Koei did a decent job with Nioh and flies into a blind rage.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I mean /v/ DID get the beast souls leaks, I have no idea where it even came from.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Punished "Venom" Chosen Undead

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yoko Taro is going to direct final fantasy 16. Those are just the facts folks

Tbh that would be a great fit. Yoko Taro's stories don't make sense for the first 10 hours but afterward you are like ya this man is a genius. FF stories don't make sense at any point of the game but man what would I give to see Yoko Taro given a huge budget to go wild on.

Yoko Taro + Platinum for FF16. Square seems to really want to go full action with their jrpgs anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inject this straight into my veins, cut my arm off if you have to

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Policenaut posted:

From Software sees that Tecmo Koei did a decent job with Nioh and flies into a blind rage.

Suddenly there’s a glut. Sony might actually have two supernatural samurai games on stage...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CottonWolf posted:

Suddenly there’s a glut. Sony might actually have two supernatural samurai games on stage...

Two supernatural samurai games and two post-apocalyptic zombie games...

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if that's real, and it looks like it might be, it sounds like the best From game yet

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Please announce a new Way of the Samurai. :pray:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Man I love Nioh, the combat is on par with Souls game if not better but Fromsoft are the masters of atmosphere and level design. I can't wait to fight in some spooky abandoned Japanese village.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry you're getting Akiba's Trip 2 instead

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

This better be accurate. I have steeled my will to experience one and only one Easter egg.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry you're getting Akiba's Trip 2 instead

The next one would be 4 thank you very much.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

That was kind of clear from the teaser last year though. Leak could still be real or could bullshit but it also talks about your character having a mechanical prosthetic right arm and homeboy in the concept art's arm looks normal.... not sure if that confirms anything or not

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
man i hope shadows die twice is announced and released im really itching for a new soulsy/bloodbourney game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If they bring mwc back i hope they make the gameplay as interesting as the cutscenes. The action is kinda bland by todays standards

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Metal Wolf Chaos 2: Let Freedom Ring directed by Hideki Kamiya

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos 2: Let Freedom Ring directed by Hideki Kamiya

:gizz:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Fat_Cow posted:

Gimme Nioh 2 please.

This is what's up.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Please don't do nioh 2 yet I still haven't beaten the first one

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Team Ninja working on DoA6 and they just released Dissidia so I doubt we see Nioh 2 this year but I hope I am wrong. A Ninja Gaiden remaster would be rad.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

goferchan posted:

That was kind of clear from the teaser last year though. Leak could still be real or could bullshit but it also talks about your character having a mechanical prosthetic right arm and homeboy in the concept art's arm looks normal.... not sure if that confirms anything or not

If there's anything to the leak, the guy in that teaser art may be an enemy type, perhaps a rogue going around killing farmers.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

man i hope shadows die twice is announced and released im really itching for a new soulsy/bloodbourney game

Imagine if this was true and they followed it with "and you can play it now!"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

Which is sort of the point?

Doesn't change my other points, though.

My biggest complaint is the dissonance between gameplay and narrative. If the gameplay and narrative don't work together, you might as well just have a movie.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm listening to the Gerstmann/Navarro stream of their drive to E3, it's pretty silly

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i'm so insanely excited for shadows die twice info

i'm a bit worried though cause the new pokemon (yea i know its not the actual new pokemon) reveal was so disappointing I wonder if this will be the year of that.

Shadows Die Twice our new F2P hearthstone-style cardgame!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

Doesn't change my other points, though.

My biggest complaint is the dissonance between gameplay and narrative. If the gameplay and narrative don't work together, you might as well just have a movie.

there's no dissonance between tlou's gameplay and its narrative beyond the fact that joel's forearm is apparently a fully automated tungsten-alloy prosthetic that can crush a throat to bone powder in seconds

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ulio posted:

Team Ninja working on DoA6 and they just released Dissidia so I doubt we see Nioh 2 this year but I hope I am wrong. A Ninja Gaiden remaster would be rad.

I want a decent Ninja Gaiden 4 after how goddamn bad Ninja Gaiden 3 was

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Oxxidation posted:

there's no dissonance between tlou's gameplay and its narrative beyond the fact that joel's forearm is apparently a fully automated tungsten-alloy prosthetic that can crush a throat to bone powder in seconds

And it's still tissue paper next to the RE7 guy who can use his bare arm to fend off giant claws and chainsaws.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I'm listening to the Gerstmann/Navarro stream of their drive to E3, it's pretty silly

Aw yeah, it's jeff day

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Doorknob Slobber posted:

:Monkey Paw Wish Granted:

Everyone gets a From Software game that's published by Acti-Blizzard and full of loot boxes.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Barudak posted:

I want a decent Ninja Gaiden 4 after how goddamn bad Ninja Gaiden 3 was

Ya 3 was a qte nightmare for no goddamn reason. They use qtes to make it more action oriented but who would have thought putting small cinematics in the middle of every single combo would ruin the action. Apparently they fixed a lot of the stuff in the Razor's Edge/definitive edition but I never got around to that version.

Also I read somewhere there is gonna be 2 From games at e3. I am guessing they are counting Metal Wolf Chaos. IF not I will go crazy if they reveal a new armored core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sunning posted:

:Monkey Paw Wish Granted:

Everyone gets a From Software game that's published by Acti-Blizzard and full of loot boxes.

Yes indeed, the felbrand taints the corrupted.
The lightsworn sunpilgrims travelled north and discovered the truth of the old words:
"The Blizzard wanes, and Metzen goes without a throne,"

Then, from the dark, they came,
Ion, dead eyed lord of spin.
Kotick, destroyer of worlds.
And Morhaime, the furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten.

Nameless, accursed whale, unfit even to be a gamer. And so it is, that rube seeketh lootcrates.

• Locked thread