Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
PIG album is out. :woop:

"Loud, Lawless & Lost" is totally him doing a version of Bowie's Fame. Owns.

A lot of it sounds Marilyn Manson-ish too. Probably because Tim Skold is on it. Very glam all around.

teethgrinder posted:

Why are you so broken :(
I can be won over.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
^This was my impression too! It's great. Love having some female vocals in the mix too.

Aaaaand... the show tomorrow night will be streaming here on the Armalyte youtube channel. Happening at 21:30 BST/4:30 EST

My CD arrived yesterday and it's beautiful- gold foil printing! Can't wait for the LP to arrive.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Hmmm, that Killing Joke tour is coming here too but they only announced one local support band. I hope this PIG thing is true!

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
It's true (for US shows at least, not sure where you're located), he's posted about it on social media as well. These are the dates so far via Brutal Resonance. As far as I know PIG is joining KJ on every show (assuming KJ doesn't cancel, which a couple friends warned me they've done before), and there's a couple of shows where PIG is headlining. Wouldn't surprise me if an opener or local bands get added on as tour gets closer.

Raymond hinted more shows, possibly including Canada.

PIG TOUR DATES:
* = with KILLING JOKE
*Sat, Sept 1 - Seattle WA @ El Corazon
*Sun, Sept 2 - Portland OR @ Star Theater
*Tue, Sept 4 - San Francisco CA @ DNA Lounge
*Wed, Sept 5 – Los Angeles CA @ Regent Theater
*Fri, Sept 7 – Denver CO @ Oriental Theater
Sat, Sept 8 – Kansas City MO
*Sun, Sept 9 – Columbus OH @ Skully’s Music Diner
*Mon, Sept 10 – Baltimore MD @ Soundstage
*Tue, Sept 11 – Boston MA @ The Paradise
*Wed, Sept 12 – New York NY @ Irving Plaza
Thu, Sept 13 – Pittsburgh PA
Fri, Sept 14 – Detroit MI
Sat, Sept 15 – Huntington WV – V Club
Sun, Sept 16 – St Louis MO
*Mon, Sept 17 – Dallas TX @ Granada Theater
*Tue, Sept 18 – Austin TX @ The Mohawk
*Wed, Sept 19 – Houston TX @ Warehouse Live
Sun, Sept 23 - Philadelphia PA @ PhilaMOCA (Philadelphia Mausoleum of Contemporary Art)
Sun, Sept 30 – Chicago IL @ Bottom Lounge

Whispering Machines fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 9, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Whispering Machines posted:

^This was my impression too! It's great. Love having some female vocals in the mix too.

Aaaaand... the show tomorrow night will be streaming here on the Armalyte youtube channel. Happening at 21:30 BST/4:30 EST

My CD arrived yesterday and it's beautiful- gold foil printing! Can't wait for the LP to arrive.
Listening again. Loud, Lawless and Lost is not just Fame, but Fame mixed with a gospel church choir.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Ah, I guess that explains it. I'm in Amsterdam. I'll have to wait and see I guess!

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Just a general question for all you dorks: why isn't Pankow more of a household name in industrial circles? The were fairly active from 83-96 (and came back 2003) and Kunst und Wahnsinn alone should at least put them on the map. Yet I had never heard about them until I saw a review of And Shun The Cure They Most Desire in 2013. Is it just me or have they been unfairly overlooked?

And if you don't know what I'm on about just listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0aLXiYhliI

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Hedenius posted:

Just a general question for all you dorks: why isn't Pankow more of a household name in industrial circles? The were fairly active from 83-96 (and came back 2003) and Kunst und Wahnsinn alone should at least put them on the map. Yet I had never heard about them until I saw a review of And Shun The Cure They Most Desire in 2013. Is it just me or have they been unfairly overlooked?

I like Pankow, but even though they have their own distinct sound they seem to get lumped in with all the legion of anhalt EBM bands , and there are so many of those that they get lost in the crowd. Don't Follow is my favourite track of theirs - I love the rough droning in the background.

Completely unrelated, there's a dance show at the Edinburgh Fringe this August that is not only a dance adaptation of the JG Ballard novel Concrete Island, but it also uses music by Haus Arafna (among others) so I am extremely down with that.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Preordered the Laibach Revisited thing. I need to have all of it. Anyone else getting in on that action?

Also hot drat autumn is looking good in Finland. We're getting Mr. Numan, Einstürzende Neubauten, Godflesh and Author & Punisher (the latter two on the same day of a two-day club festival alongside Hällas, Amenra, Conan)... there's also Hocico which I might go see for the hell of it. Also Solitary Experiments - on the same day as A&P and Godflesh. It wasn't too difficult to choose when it came to those two shows, to be quite honest. I'm also considering FLA and Die Krupps in Stockholm in August as well as Project Pitchfork's tour in Germany in November. AND I'm going to Gothic Meets Klassik in October (with my mom!) for Joachim Witt and Diary of Dreams. Gon b good :cool:

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib
ADULT. is playing a free show in Detroit at The Skip, June 23. Anyone who has the chance should go!

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Looks like ogre is finally getting around to releasing that new ohGr record he's been sourcing for what seems like a year or more. I believe the album is dropping extremely soon and he announced a tour with Lead Into Gold.

Soo ... there's that.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

Preordered the Laibach Revisited thing. I need to have all of it. Anyone else getting in on that action?

Also hot drat autumn is looking good in Finland. We're getting Mr. Numan, Einstürzende Neubauten, Godflesh and Author & Punisher (the latter two on the same day of a two-day club festival alongside Hällas, Amenra, Conan)... there's also Hocico which I might go see for the hell of it. Also Solitary Experiments - on the same day as A&P and Godflesh. It wasn't too difficult to choose when it came to those two shows, to be quite honest. I'm also considering FLA and Die Krupps in Stockholm in August as well as Project Pitchfork's tour in Germany in November. AND I'm going to Gothic Meets Klassik in October (with my mom!) for Joachim Witt and Diary of Dreams. Gon b good :cool:

I can't decide if I'm going to Project Pitchfork (and Faderhead!) in Nuremburg or Dusseldorf. Or maybe both! I'm also going to Amphi, mainly because it's close and easy to get to. The lineup isn't great this year but it'll still be a good time. I also totally forgot that Nine Inch Nails was doing a bunch of shows this year. It would have been fun to see them in Paris, but I imagine tickets dried up the second they went online.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

hatelull posted:

Looks like ogre is finally getting around to releasing that new ohGr record he's been sourcing for what seems like a year or more. I believe the album is dropping extremely soon and he announced a tour with Lead Into Gold.

Soo ... there's that.

Lead Into Gold? Sweet.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Wizchine posted:

Lead Into Gold? Sweet.

Yeah, just tell me where and when for that. :bubblewoop:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Even the diehards at Litany were starting to get pissed about the Ogre album since it was crowdfunded.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I haven't been on litany in a minute. Facebook gave that scene a pre-mature burial I thought, but I suppose there are a few live and kicking. Why are they irritated? It did take longer than expected, I believe. Original target date was something like October 2017, and here we are in June 2018 and just now getting digital copies.

Still, it's new material and a headlining tour. Why be so entitled Litany? You were better than this.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really like the new ohGr album. It's a lot catchier than I was expecting. Reminds me of a mix of Welt and The Process.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Yeah. I'm torn. Really wanted to wait until the vinyl showed up for a proper listen, but I caved and grabbed the .FLAC. So much fat synth. Walk did some good work on this one.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Tricks is up on Spotify and iTunes now.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bought and downloaded the new Ohgr and I really like it a lot. I was very disappointed by Underdeveloped, so I'm glad that this one is so good. It's kind of a return to Welt/SunnyPsyOp in style, but definitely different and more modern sounding.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTWuq-KQlaQ

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

Bought and downloaded the new Ohgr and I really like it a lot. I was very disappointed by Underdeveloped, so I'm glad that this one is so good. It's kind of a return to Welt/SunnyPsyOp in style, but definitely different and more modern sounding.
Haven't had time to listen to all of it yet but I really like it. Ohgr has been very frustrating for me since I've loved their sound ever since Welt but the songwriting has always seemed pretty lackluster. I've only really liked a few tracks from each album. But so far Tricks sounds much better. I'm digging pretty much everything.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's faithful to the ohGr concept, which is disappointing as I just want more 80's Skinny Puppy.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Devil in My Details is my favorite Ohgr album. I feel like it's more like classic Skinny Puppy than any of the new-era Puppy albums. But everything other than Undeveloped is good.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I can't see it on Canadian Spotify yet. :saddowns: It'll probably show up tomorrow when they do the release playlists.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
The Priest is a weird mix of New Retro Wave/Synthwave and EBM/Electro-Industrial.

Could be good. Does that mean that Synthwave has reached critical mass when cross-over acts start appearing?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Hedenius posted:

First track from Front Line Assembly's Warmech is out: https://frontlineassembly.bandcamp.com/album/warmech

Really digging it. And just realized that Warmech was the last album Jeremy Inkel worked on. I hope he's producing slick beats in the big Vancouver in the sky. RIP.

And in related news Rhys Fulber will be releasing an ablum under his own name. The track I've heard sounds pretty sweet: http://www.releasemagazine.net/rhys-fulber-to-release-solo-album-with-body-techno/

Can't see any other discussion on Warmech but it's been out on Spotify for a few weeks. It's fantastic. I probably don't love it as instantly as Airmech but it's still really good.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

spamman posted:

Can't see any other discussion on Warmech but it's been out on Spotify for a few weeks. It's fantastic. I probably don't love it as instantly as Airmech but it's still really good.
I think it feels a lot more “soundtracky” than AirMech. It probably works better in game, but it’s not as catchy to listen to. AirMech is my favorite FLA release from probably the last 15 years though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hedenius posted:

Pankow owns but I'm not really familiar with the older stuff, just that newer album you mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzhKRtP0fjg

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 12, 2018

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Pankow owns but I'm not really familiar with the older stuff, just that newer album you mentioned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzhKRtP0fjg
You should really check out their older stuff as well. Like I said, I didn't hear about them until their later period but I really like pretty much everything they've done.

Defect Mechanism
Jun 2, 2005
Pants McGee's Shoost Butan
Ive been enjoying the Warmech album more and more with each listen through.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Hot take: Ich bin morgen wieder da is the best DAF song.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Verschwende deine jugend is the best DAF song.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Kebabträume or gtfo

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Alex Reed from Seeming and the Assimilate book just dropped an album of songs he wrote as a teenage goth in 1995-1996. Blatant DM lifts and all. A love song to his teenage self.

https://twitter.com/ElSandifer/status/1021861483062456321

oh yeah, Alex has a Patreon you should totally feed money to

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
New Ashbury Heights August 24th!!!!!!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Hooray!

That seemed to take a lot longer than they were suggesting. But can't wait. Can't think of any other music in the genre I've added to my collection this year. Rhys Fulber I guess.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
The Black Queen and KANGA are coming here in October yessssssssss

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dispatch from Amphi: it’s balls hot, Aesthetic Perfection is on stage, his drummer seems to have a broken nose (still bleeding!), and he’s doing a cover of N Sync’s Bye Bye Bye

Edit: the synth guy is perched like a majestic eagle somehow balanced on top of his own synths but that’s normal for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

Dispatch from Amphi: it’s balls hot, Aesthetic Perfection is on stage, his drummer seems to have a broken nose (still bleeding!), and he’s doing a cover of N Sync’s Bye Bye Bye

Edit: the synth guy is perched like a majestic eagle somehow balanced on top of his own synths but that’s normal for him

I will be seeing AP at Infest in a month and am extremely interested in that cover.