Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Futaba Anzu posted:

was fallout 4 fun if you just wanted to explore poo poo
it has 4 total vaults in the game including the starting one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

+1 for thinking tLoU had a pretty poor ending, it was just sequel bait "oooh i wonder what Ellie is gonna say when she finds out Joel is a gruff bad videogame dad!"

for best endings ever... hmm, Bayonetta 1 obviously, teaming up with the villian who turns out to be your best pal, riding a motorbike up a shuttle to go fight god and throw them into the sun or whatever

MGS4 right up until the after the credits thing where they piss it all away, insane kojima doing terrible Mr & Mrs Smith with hench meryl and the guy who shits himself, fist fighting ocelot through all the games then snake shooting himself in the head as his final mission to save the world

the first ending of Nier 1, i think the second one is good too but I dont remember it as well and I never got the third. Its just like... exactly what an ending should be, confrontation with the hyped big baddy, revelations, twists, hell yeah. I think this might be the most well executed one. I love Nier:A but all the endings are a bit meh imo.

bonus comedy answer: the true ending of bloodborne where you turn into a pet squid

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Futaba Anzu posted:

was fallout 4 fun if you just wanted to explore poo poo

fallout 4 has better environment design than maybe any bethesda game? and it plays the best. Its basically a shooter set in some reasonably interesting locals.

I never got hugely into it but my girlfriends dad has played it for a substantial portion of his waking life since it came out

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
there were definitely some fun areas to explore and neat things to find, but I think that the biggest problem with exploration on fallout 4 and also skyrim is the way that bethesda does loot. There aren't that many really cool unique rewards you can find, the vast majority of loot is randomized so maybe you'll find a bobblehead or a magazine or something. Sure there are 'unique' weapons, but they look exactly like any other weapon you can find and modify and maybe they'll have one unique property or something. On top of that bethesda's copy and paste mentality means that a lot of areas are very similar and as they boast larger and larger world areas that becomes more apparent as they run out of ideas for unique stuff.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Fallout 4 is pretty bad and New England was the most boring locale they could have placed it in.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

agreed with all that, its just that big town that was in a baseball stadium i was like "huh, this is actually like... approaching a fun and quirky design," which fallout should be absolutely full of and bethesda is extremely bad at. I felt it was a good sign but we'll see!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Steve Yun posted:

Was this just 2013 or did they get same-day-owned again after that

2015 as well. Which was arguably even worse.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nopantsjack posted:

agreed with all that, its just that big town that was in a baseball stadium i was like "huh, this is actually like... approaching a fun and quirky design," which fallout should be absolutely full of and bethesda is extremely bad at. I felt it was a good sign but we'll see!

I hated the stadium. Its got like 20 people in it and is supposed to be a big settlement when buildings across the street have like double its pop in bandits

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You realise they gave a reason for that, right? The Mayor threw out everybody who annoyed him who he could force out, and you're just seeing who managed to stay in?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I hated the stadium. Its got like 20 people in it and is supposed to be a big settlement when buildings across the street have like double its pop in bandits

:shrug: its a videogame

as a setpiece i felt it was more interesting than anything in 3 or skyrim

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

With all these hot and exciting leaks, surely we'll get something great from Bethesda too like... *checks card* Fallout Shelter on PS4? Guess they can't all be winners.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

You realise they gave a reason for that, right? The Mayor threw out everybody who annoyed him who he could force out, and you're just seeing who managed to stay in?

Its bad my friend

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Policenaut posted:

With all these hot and exciting leaks, surely we'll get something great from Bethesda too like... *checks card* Fallout Shelter on PS4? Guess they can't all be winners.
The Prey DLC was going to get leaked but they pushed a fat guy in the way to stop it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So is it that time of the year again?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It’s the time of year where we are inevitably forced, once again, to conclude that Todd is a god

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Policenaut posted:

If anything this probably also means it's coming to Switch which is a good place for it

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

So, on the most controversial post from a few pages ago. That Spyro is better than Crash. You know, it was like flames shot right out of my head when I read that, like I just read that Hall & Oates retired or something. It's just, how does somebody say such a thing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heavy Metal posted:

So, on the most controversial post from a few pages ago. That Spyro is better than Crash. You know, it was like flames shot right out of my head when I read that, like I just read that Hall & Oates retired or something. It's just, how does somebody say such a thing.

It's pretty easy to type since Spyro had three good games to Crash's one good game which was a kart racer

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the truth is that crash and spyro are both trash

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm going on vacation for a week and will only be able to catch the EA thing live. As much as everyone shits on it, I love E3 so I can't help wishing my trip was a week earlier or later.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

^ I concur.

Barudak posted:

It's pretty easy to type since Spyro had three good games to Crash's one good game which was a kart racer

Crash Bandicoot (the eponymous debut) is the best Crash game I think, and I agree with the classy poster a few pages back who said such as well. But I do find kart racers to be the best racing games, no doubt. Crash had some pretty well done 2D platforming too, twitch jump action. The later Crash games didn't have as much of that, Crash 2 was solid though. And Crash 3 is not without it's charm. And Crash 4 by that other team started okay.

Spyro is aiight in my book I'm just giving him a hard time, his game does seem pretty laidback compared to Crash though. Just a big ol' wide open 3D game, is it platforming if you can't miss anything? I don't know folks. Like Alfred says in Batman, why do we hit the turtle and fall in the pit? So we can get back up again.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy e3mas eve

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
the best crash game is the 30 second interlude elena made me play during uncharted 4. good day to you all.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Mods No Masters posted:

It’s the time of year where we are inevitably forced, once again, to conclude that Todd is a god

Getting Skyrim to run on smartphones isn’t that impressive a feat

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

My biggest EA hope is Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 3

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I've become the family airport transport, so I'm going to miss Microsoft on Sunday.

Oh well, of the awful conferences, Microsoft tends to be the most boring.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

My biggest EA hope is Plants vs Zombies 3

*The dried monkey’s paw curls a finger inward*
The sequel to the smash hit Plants vs Zombies 2 is returning to iOS! Free to download and play (please pay 99 cents for a seed packet to get a random plant! 200 for $99 best value!)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

*The dried monkey’s paw curls a finger inward*
The sequel to the smash hit Plants vs Zombies 2 is returning to iOS! Free to download and play (please pay 99 cents for a seed packet to get a random plant! 200 for $99 best value!)

I thought that was how PvZ2 worked

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm going to be working tomorrow while all the inaugural E3 stuff happens. Bullshit! I just want to laugh, cry, and get hype in real time with the rest of the internet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hopeandjoy posted:

I've become the family airport transport, so I'm going to miss Microsoft on Sunday.

Oh well, of the awful conferences, Microsoft tends to be the most boring.

They are gonna have cyberpunk premiere

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wonder if EA is gonna have YouTube influencers at their conference again :allears:

I dunno about EA but I wouldn't be surprised of the Game Grumps were a part of either the Nintendo Direct or wherever Yacht Club Games might show off something from the new Shovel Knight DLC

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I know it's unpopular but I wish Rockstar would announce a pro patch for GTA V.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I know it's unpopular but I wish Rockstar would announce a pro patch for GTA V.

Personally I want a VR option for it.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I, for one, would like single player content instead of multiplayer sharkcard grind sinks

this will never happen

Orv
May 4, 2011
Dawn of the final day etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3JrHH6Zc0

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Personally I want a VR option for it.

I would kill for this, if they could get it running smoothly.

Really I just want Red Dead Redemption to be an online wild west game and release on pc at the same time as consoles but that's not happening either.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Skate 4 do it you cowards

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tim Whatley posted:

Skate 4 do it you cowards

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Skate 4 but every combo fills a meter to unlock a new lootbox of sk8tr g3ar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Lolling, at the very concept of anyone buying anthem

• Locked thread