Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

One of the neatest things for me has just been seeing all these people wearing NJPW shirts. Like if I stop looking at my phone right now, I can see a Shibata, Jericho, Bullet Club and too many LIJ shirts to count but I'm not gonna take a photo of random people. I think that's really taboo in Japan too
i assume all the super plain THE WRESTLER shirts are for Shibata? They’re really nice

E: I was only in the wrong queue for like 20 minutes. We actually got up to the merch stands before we found out we were in the wrong place.

I’m up at the castle now until doors open

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm very glad I looked at this thread. For some reason I thought the start time was 4:30am central time but it's actually 2am. That would've loving sucked.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Hello everyone I am psyched are you psyched I am very psyched let’s do it!

WRESTLING!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris Jericho has official NJPW merchandise here now, it's an Alpha Club shirt with "I'm not tranquilo, I'm loving crazy" written on it.

Rey Mysterio has his own separate merchandise booth.

I don't know if anything can be read into that regarding whether Jericho is staying any longer.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Sweet, we get our own dedicated event thread. It's almost like New Japan is a major wrestling company or something.

I'm gonna be really mad* if this show ends with anything less than Kenny celebrating his IWGP Heavyweight title win in the middle of the ring with the Matt & Nick.

*Mad for about 5 minutes before I go back to singing the praises of our eternal champion, Kazu No Longboys, may his reign last forever.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm very glad I looked at this thread. For some reason I thought the start time was 4:30am central time but it's actually 2am. That would've loving sucked.

holy poo poo I'm glad you said this; I had an alarm set for 2:45PST, thinking it was at 3am PST.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm thinking of just staying up to watch this. It's starting at midnight for me so why not.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also takahashi vs Osprey is going to be wild as hell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Got home from work just in time to see my boy Taichi get the strap :toot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonna miss a large chunk of this due to prior obligations, but I'm hopeful that I'll get to see at least the last two matches, and hopefully the last three, live.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

The_Rob posted:

I'm thinking of just staying up to watch this. It's starting at midnight for me so why not.

Do it

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I'm gonna do it!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dominion is a deck-building game created by Donald X. Vaccarino and published by Rio Grande Games. Each player uses a separate deck of cards; players draw their hands from their own decks, not others'. Players use their cards to perform actions and buy cards from a common pool of card stacks, including Action, Treasure, and Victory cards. The player with the most victory points wins. The game has a light medieval theme, with card names that reference pre-industrial, monarchical, and feudal social structures.

Parallels are often drawn with collectible card games such as Magic: The Gathering. Vaccarino, however, denies that Magic was the inspiration. Unlike Magic: The Gathering, Dominion players build their decks ad hoc as the game proceeds. Dominion is the first game of its kind and has spawned a genre of similar card-based games dubbed "deck-building games".

The game was released at Spiel 2008 in multiple languages and voted best game of the fair by the Fairplay polls with a rating of 1.75 from 147 votes. In 2009, it won the prestigious Spiel des Jahres and Deutscher Spiele Preis awards. It was one of five winning games in American Mensa's 2009 MindGame competition. By 2016, more than 2.5 million copies of it and its expansions had been sold worldwide.

Dominion has been translated into 18 languages (Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, bokmål Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish), comprising 6 different alphabets.

Since the game and its expansions feature over 3000 cards, Rio Grande Games has licensed manufacturers' creation of containers to store all the cards into one or two boxes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

(extremely hacker voice) I’m in

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ooh, nice picture! the way they light the arenas during the shows always makes it so hard to tell where the bowl seating is and how far away it is, that looks perfect though

not sure I'd like the floor seats there, though I appreciate that they put some gaps between the rows. the risers on the far end look suuper nice though, way better than what I've seen of e.g. Tokyo Dome's flat-as-hell setup

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

Chris Jericho has official NJPW merchandise here now, it's an Alpha Club shirt with "I'm not tranquilo, I'm loving crazy" written on it.

must

buy

yesterday

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Before I got in, the NJPW lady who interviews fans stopped me and asked me to do the Naito pose so she could film it. I didn’t really know how to explain that it’d make me feel hella racist, haha

I just did the Kenny gun pose instead

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Hello, friends. I had a nap and prepared many snacks and drinks, and I am now ready to stay up till dawn to watch Will Ospreay find new and exciting ways to snap his own neck.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Just saw some rear end in a top hat in a Michael Elgin shirt ffs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay awake from nap time to do my twice a year staying up and watching Dominion

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I just got home from a nice day out down the coast (and a LEGO Fan Exhibition), now to watch some wrestling!

It’s currently 4:40PM here in Melbourne, Australia.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Harold meij hype vid is weird and cool

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'll watch this show , maybe

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hey guys I'm doing an official poll. Wrestling is good? Yes or no

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

This music and camera work is perfect for this shot of a man eating takoyaki :allears:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:yossame:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Yea

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Wrestling is always Good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Man theres a lot of white people at the show

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It's kinda weird how different this dude sounds between languages.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I just want that jacket

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm hype!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Something tells me tonight is going to be better than Wrestle Kingdom.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I always love the njpw live threads because it's when you see posters on this site be positive.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I always love the njpw live threads because it's when you see posters on this site be positive.

well i mean get a good product get good posts

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hello friends it is nearly 10 AM in sunny Helsinki, Finland and I have baked bread and am about to crack open a beer and watch the wrestlemans

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its 00:00 here in vegas why is the show not on yet my tablet is dying

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

extradite THIS! posted:

Hello friends it is nearly 10 AM in sunny Helsinki, Finland and I have baked bread and am about to crack open a beer and watch the wrestlemans
It's 9 AM and I have freshly brewed coffee and croissants, ready to see some puroresu!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

well i mean get a good product get good posts

I mean I totally agree. I just like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I've been sick the last two days, work at 11 am, and I'm up to watch Japanese wrestling at 2 in the morning. Good life choices.

• Locked thread