Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A2 and B3 for various reasons already suggested

and as for C:

Nephzinho posted:

Do we want to get Seaglass' input on this? She appears to be faltering in her faith and this minion is going to be a "partner" for her and may make her feel less alone/missing her life.

I am especially fond of this idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A2 B3 C Get Seaglass' input, default to Stonefish if she has no preference.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

AJ_Impy posted:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

AJ_Impy posted:

This, plus we can keep the fascinating Sand Striker idea in the wings for later, along with the mantislobster. Hell, we could even cross lobsters with stonefish later on and bulk them up massively to create Rock Lobsters

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Relentless posted:

A2 and B3

For C, might I suggest the Stonefish?

Colored like rocks, easily camouflaged, super loving poisonous and comes with a built in switchblade face-knife.

More ambusher than hunter, but seems to cover most of the bases.

It's no retractable cockblade but it'll do. This

This one was tricky, so turning him into a dumb ambusher is probably a smart choice.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
A2, B3, and

Quorum posted:

C, we bind his spirit inside a magical conch shell, astrally sit down with him for the occasional mental torture session, stretch his soul on the rack, pluck out his memories of his children one by one until all that remains is a tortured husk of a man with an encyclopedic knowledge of traps... and then make him our dungeoneering consultant.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

This, plus we can keep the fascinating Sand Striker idea in the wings for later, along with the mantislobster. Hell, we could even cross lobsters with stonefish later on and bulk them up massively to create Rock Lobsters.

Now you see, if we did that we would be obligated to turn them into horrible musicians who only have that one song.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

Now you see, if we did that we would be obligated to turn them into horrible musicians who only have that one song.

We could set up a Love Shack where they convert Shiny Happy People

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Outrail posted:

It's no retractable cockblade but it'll do. This

This one was tricky, so turning him into a dumb ambusher is probably a smart choice.
The other nickname for the sand striker is the Bobbitt Worm.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

We could set up a Love Shack where they convert Shiny Happy People

Well maybe we could turn them into people who don't remember who wrote what song, and unleash them upon the urban masses to spread confusion and discord!

can't believe I forgot that was The B-52s. Christ.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nephzinho posted:

C, I'm thinking some kind of preying mantis/lobster hybrid? Rogue likes shortswords, so i'm thinking sharp appendages. We want stealthy and capable of action on land to excel where Seaglass has failed. Do we want to get Seaglass' input on this? She appears to be faltering in her faith and this minion is going to be a "partner" for her and may make her feel less alone/missing her life.

This is a really good point. Happy lieutenants are effective lieutenants, and Seaglass is very useful. Besides, we did take her humanity, even if being part sea creature is strictly an upgrade.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maybe make him a male version of what we turned Seaglass into. Start our own race of self-replicating minions. Of which we are their creator, and therefore their god.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

We will want to keep an eye on them though and make sure they don't cross into revolt territory, maybe be ready to create a drug to get them dependent on.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We should take a non human job next, letnseaglass get used to killing without reminding her of her lost humanity.also just ask her if she wants another upgrade, or weapons, or her own quarters or whatever. Making her feel useful, needed and respected is more important than being her friend.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

She's done well so far, we should let her know that has not gone unnoticed, nor has her loyalty.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Overkill.

”Seaglass. What do you think we should do with this one?” Sarga asked her lieutenant.

”Mistress? Seaglass looked puzzled.

”I'm asking you or imput. This one will be useful to use, once he has been enhanced, but what shall we merge he him with?”

“Erm, I don't know, I only have knowledge of  the form.”
he replies.

”hmm, well, you are my greatest creation, so I see no problems with copying our design, to give you some company. Would you like that?” Seaglass’s eye lit up. His could be a good way to secure her loyalty.

”That would be wonderful mistress, to not be cursed to spend life alone.”

”I can not promise love, but it may well grow.

The work began, with the pattern set it was more a fact of waiting for the her Mana levels to replenish before she could begin. While she worked, Seaglass and the beavers kept watch on the humans. The remaining villagers around the lake stepped in to help the survivors. A team was sent to look at the source of the flood, but the natural methods of the beavers hand left no evidence.

The first Malaria victim was confirmed two days later. The disease moved rapidly in the swampy debris that was now the lake shore. The victims were the people who came to help the survivors. They took the disease back to their villages and the mosquitoes spread it through the people.

A week later, and Sarga was getting worried.  Her new minion was settling in, he was much more brooding than Seaglass had been, but then he had been a hero before. He was not the problem. Problem was the mortality rate,it was amazingly high, maybe too high, she was worried about overstepping her quota.

do we

A - try and curb the disease.

B - let it run its course.

What shall we call our new minion?

quote:

Mana = 2/45

Gold = 2,750

Minions -

Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.

5 Beaverpeople.  (lead by Holta.)

At the Sapphire Isle

Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.

2 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.

4 Crabbersons.

Mining rate - 250 gold a week.  (2 crates on hand)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
A - try and curb the disease.

Splicer posted:

Also, plagues have a nasty habit of getting out of hand. It's almost like they're contagious.
:colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Our brief: 'Two villages, the fewer survivors the better.'

A, Curb it. We've achieved our target, and extras have diminishing returns. Summon the mosquitoes back.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Weren't we charged with the task of eliminating the humans' overpopulation and their overfishing of the Sapphire lake?

This is exactly what we were hired to do!

B - Let the virulent plague we created precisely to kill large amounts of humans run its course.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Currently we have hit our primary target of being undetected.

As long as we keep the plagur contained to the lake area we should be fine.

If we had more mana I would suggest glamouring ourselves into something prettier and offering to cure the plague for a price... But we're kinda tapped out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Let it run its course. We were hired to wipe them out, we did it without notice, and it's not our problem if a slightly over kill. Call back the mosquitoes if we can, stop actively doing anything, but don't risk exposure helping humans. If anything, catch infected humans for future strains - even that isn't necessary. Let's start packing up the operation, get the beavers to the mine (could construct better defenses and flood the mine a bit), and get to know ournew minion.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

Let it run its course. We were hired to wipe them out, we did it without notice, and it's not our problem if a slightly over kill. Call back the mosquitoes if we can, stop actively doing anything, but don't risk exposure helping humans. If anything, catch infected humans for future strains - even that isn't necessary. Let's start packing up the operation, get the beavers to the mine (could construct better defenses and flood the mine a bit), and get to know ournew minion.

This

As for a name for stingrogue, Irwin

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Splicer posted:

Do we get vetoes? I'd like to veto plan "Piss off our employer's employer"
Maybe I should just go ahead and put this in my signature.

Anyway, previous post aside, Malaria isn't contagious so if we call back/nuke our mosquitoes we should be fine. We did put in a kill switch didn't we? :shepface:

Unless we mucked about too much and made it go airborne or something but there's no way we'd have done that hahahahaha :shepicide:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Let's just collect our payment and gtfo before someone realises we've released something that might get to Madagascar before it closes its ports.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

plan Zephzinho

and Irwin!!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Nephzinho posted:

+1 to this and to B

The important thing is that we didn’t get caught or leave significant evidence. So far everything looks natural. Our boss is culling too so if we go over quota we just make his job easier as he can stop earlier.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A - Stick to the plan. Let's use what little mana we have left to disguise ourself as a druid and hand out mosquito nets, charging nothing but requesting donations of rare reagents that can be used in mana restoration potions, say they're needed for a cure.

Spread propaganda while we do it, blaming the plague on the lakeside villages' pollution. The king gets to blame the peoples' deaths on themselves and can seize the land.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Nephzinho posted:

Yup

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah okay.

Hexenritter posted:

As for a name for stingrogue, Irwin

Heart-stoppingly edgy.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nephzinho posted:

This.

Also, Irwin is a good one as well. We should definitely look into getting the minions (and ourselves) out of here in case someone comes looking. Maybe a change of scenery will help our new one adapt faster, get him away from his old life.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

1. Chuck some superfrogs or some poo poo at the villages. Let's go full chain of unintended consequences.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Blasphemaster posted:

1. Chuck some superfrogs or some poo poo at the villages. Let's go full chain of unintended consequences.

+1

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blasphemaster posted:

+1, and bats like eating mosquitos, let's engineer some uh... Frats? Brogs? Both?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

+1, and bats like eating mosquitos, let's engineer some uh... Frats? Brogs? Both?

So we get bats to eat the mosquitos. And then owls to get the bats. And then eagles to eat the owls. And wyverns to eat the owls. And a dragon to eat the wyverns. And now a dragon lives here. Flawless plan.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Relentless posted:

So we get bats to eat the mosquitos. And then owls to get the bats. And then eagles to eat the owls. And wyverns to eat the owls. And a dragon to eat the wyverns. And now a dragon lives here. Flawless plan.

Now we mutate all the mosquitos and owls and bats and eagles and wyverns and the dragon together and ride our monstrosity to wreck havoc on the shithead King who decided to genocide a few villages instead of deal with overpopulation in a non shithead manner.

I assume that's where you're heading with this.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

Now we mutate all the mosquitos and owls and bats and eagles and wyverns and the dragon together and ride our monstrosity to wreck havoc on the shithead King who decided to genocide a few villages instead of deal with overpopulation in a non shithead manner.

I assume that's where you're heading with this.

I just wanted to be friends with a sweet rear end dragon.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Relentless posted:

We can do two things.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I don't believe we were given an upper limit on casualties. If they didn't want us to wipe out the kingdom they should have put that in the contract!
Clean up and leave. We're definitely going to hit the minimum casualties requirement by the time the plague has finished, and the longer we've been gone by the time a real party comes to investigate the better.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Relentless posted:

Heck yeah!

How many asses on this dragon and how sweet do you want them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Grey Hunter posted:

"I will be requiring you to destroy two villages if you accept the job. The fewer survivors the better."

Grey Hunter posted:

“Five thousand half now, half on completion, with a two thousand bonus if you manage to go undetected by the locals. That’s on a national scale, not a local one - I don’t care if they see you rising twenty feet tall on a geyser of blood, as long as no one survives to report about it. As for the timescale,I would expect this be be done quickly, within a month or two.”

I believe these are the full terms of the contract. Providing them in case anyone is curious.