Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Uptime Sinclair posted:

parkay flooring would be pretty slippy
Overlooking the fact that those floors are clearly butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Peeny Cheez posted:

Overlooking the fact that those floors are clearly butter.

:newlol:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Parquet

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

the concept of renting out operating systems boggles the mind

i did get a few games from the local library tho

the place knew exactly what they were doing. they knew you were gonna rent whatever and then make a copy of it. im surprised they never got busted but they were open for all the 8 years i lived in Newport News.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there’s a fan patch that fixes the ai
oh maybe i'll give that a whirl sometime then

DiggityDoink posted:

the place knew exactly what they were doing. they knew you were gonna rent whatever and then make a copy of it. im surprised they never got busted but they were open for all the 8 years i lived in Newport News.
yeah, i mean - with games (at least the ones that don't need to be fully installed on a harddrive) you could at least argue that customers might just play them for a few days, but you're going to need an os for a lot longer than that to get any use out of it, so it seems kind of miraculous nobody cracked down on them

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like these better when the joke is somewhere in the middle

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i actually looked this up because the spelling didn't seem right, and leave it to the americans to just spell it wrong on purpose

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

yeah. same i suppose.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

but the gym is in the middle

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i use bionicle

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

infernal machines posted:

i actually looked this up because the spelling didn't seem right, and leave it to the americans to just spell it wrong on purpose
????

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/parquet
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/spellcheck/english/?q=parkay
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/parquet?s=t
http://www.dictionary.com/misspelling?term=parkay&s=t

?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

but the gym is in the middle

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
but you see the way he said it means he didn't gently caress up oafishly. please don't shatter this crappy little bullshit ruse

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

but you see the way he said it means he didn't gently caress up oafishly. please don't shatter this crappy little bullshit ruse

thank you, yes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueNjFzFpb_Q

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
always happy to help :tipshat:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

holy poo poo is that not a parody?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Army Strong

just, you know, not strong enough to hold our guns all the time. c'mon man, they're heavy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that soldier in the video looks like a real he-man

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nature always finds a way

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Given the scenery, the color of the uniform, and the badge I suspect the guy is actually Highway Patrol not "Police"?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Given the scenery, the color of the uniform, and the badge I suspect the guy is actually Highway Patrol not "Police"?

this sounds like some sovereign citizen thingy.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dilbert fucker on the land

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

The license plate doesn't appear to be hand-lettered though?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

President Beep posted:

it's very simple to remember

A
C
A
B

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

thank you

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

parakeet flooring

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ey walla

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
https://twitter.com/robmanuel/status/1005501217248894976

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

im the oxo invader

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Schadenboner posted:

ACAB

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

is it a bad picture because i'm using my iphone to take it, or is it all my fault?

it's not like i could get nice and close -- the birds all bail out if i move towards the window

protip: move slightly farther away from the window, tap and hold to lock focus, then move slightly forward again so the birds are in focus (hope that exposure will be ok). alternatively, use one of those apps that let you use “manual” mode but I always find those a pain to remember to use

Chris Knight posted:

1957 mad was p. yospos

hell yeah work sucks

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I just wrecked my work laptop by trying to reclaim 40gb of an unused partition to the main drive using gparted

luckily had a windows 10 usb media hidden in bag that i happened to remember and used that to fix the boot mgr bdc or something now i got that sweet sweet 40gb :rock:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

duckfarts posted:

protip: move slightly farther away from the window, tap and hold to lock focus, then move slightly forward again so the birds are in focus (hope that exposure will be ok). alternatively, use one of those apps that let you use “manual” mode but I always find those a pain to remember to use

id say maybe camera+ but yeah its hard to remember to use, or lightroom which shoots nice raws on certain phones and has good presets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

im designing an album right now and legit used my iphone 7 and lightroom to capture some behind the scenes photos that were too low light to get consistently with my dslr. i didnt think itd be that good but drat did it work well. of course each hdr shot was 58mb but they pushed to the cloud so idc

• Locked thread