Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Also, the post match stuff is on NJPW World. Spoiler, Chris Jericho is still one of the best promos of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jack Anderson posted:

Also, the post match stuff is on NJPW World. Spoiler, Chris Jericho is still one of the best promos of all time.
ZSJ is catching up quickly, though! Discopants Kaz-chan

e: Upload a subtitled version already, NJPW! I need the Hiromu promo!

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 10, 2018

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1005586205356904448

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1005433655811076098

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

He's not looking at the belt :heysexy:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the one wanged angel

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Jericho and the Bucks teased on the new Being the Elite that they're going to tag together on Jericho's cruise

Who would their opponents be?

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

EugeneJ posted:

Jericho and the Bucks teased on the new Being the Elite that they're going to tag together on Jericho's cruise

Well, they did just wrestle Naito, Sanada and EVIL across two matches, but that might be too obvious a thing to rehash.

And the ship may have sailed by that point.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EugeneJ posted:

Socal uncensored tops the list i think

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i really want to see socal uncensored cut a promo about how this is the worst ocean they've ever been in

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Socal uncensored tops the list i think

What if Super Smash Bros. and Mike Bailey board the ship as passengers and just happen to accept an open challenge?

I'd actually like a Ultimate Deletion-esque web series where Super Smash Bros. and Mike Bailey challenge teams to sail out and fight them on international waters

Exiled Pro Wrestling

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kenny's come so far. When I was 19, I went to a Indy show with my brother. The main event was Dr.Luther (who honestly should have gotten a shot SOMEWHERE in the U.S. at some point) defending the company title against Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles (who was the new hotness at the time, and the only real reason to watch TNA other than the X division as a whole). That match was good. But I also remember Kenny's tag match on the midcard, and him doing some fantastic heel work. At one point, he came in illegally for a double team and the ref tried to stop him, as did the opponent's partner. Kenny goes "I swear to God ref, he's trying to cheat!" and the ref of course turns around to admonish and the poor face schmoe gets double teamed with stomps and a titty twister (yes, really).

To come full circle, that show? It was promoted by Don "Cyrus" Callis, who now does the English colour commentary for NJPW. It's really cool to think that I saw a guy who's well on his way to becoming a gaijin legend when he was only 19, but he already ruled then.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

my introduction to kenny omega was his match against the little girl

that little girl holds a longer active winning streak against kenny omega than okada does

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

rare Magic card l00k posted:

my introduction to kenny omega was his match against the little girl

Likewise, though I can't remember if I saw that first or the blow-up doll match first.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

To come full circle, that show? It was promoted by Don "Cyrus" Callis, who now does the English colour commentary for NJPW. It's really cool to think that I saw a guy who's well on his way to becoming a gaijin legend when he was only 19, but he already ruled then.

Can't imagine what Callis must've been feeling during that last three-count. Like, you get a sense of it when he gets choked up during that final call, but all I can compare it to is watching a child you saw grow up accomplish his dearest dream.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So are we getting Mysterio-Ospreay at the Cow Palace?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My introduction to Kenny was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJF7huzUis

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

So are we getting Mysterio-Ospreay at the Cow Palace?

Might be at All In since Rey is scheduled to be there

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont remember my first time seeing kenny omega but it was more than likely something in DDT

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Bushiroad era has given us a new world champ every two years.

12: Okada
14: AJ
16: Naito
18: Kenny

Hiromu will transcend weight divisions in 2020 :pray:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Nice. That was also the first time I saw Kenny. Extremely good stuff.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Funny how the episode that took place exclusively in Japan lacked a rant from SCU about how terrible the place they are is. :allears:

(I know it's probably just because SCU wasn't there but I like to imagine it was because they couldn't come up with anything bad to say)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tonfa posted:

The Bushiroad era has given us a new world champ every two years.

12: Okada
14: AJ
16: Naito
18: Kenny

Hiromu will transcend weight divisions in 2020 :pray:

the next new champion is going to be minoru suzuki

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

the next new champion is going to be minoru suzuki

As long as he's freelance it'll never happen

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Didn't Sami Callihan call him out on Impact? Maybe it'll be him and those two guys who hang out with him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

Didn't Sami Callihan call him out on Impact? Maybe it'll be him and those two guys who hang out with him.

OI4K vs Y2Jackson sounds good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if someone threw sami callihan off the ship. That would Get the marks barking

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OI4K vs Y2Jackson sounds good

I think you mean OI4K vs. The Bucks of Jericho or is it Y2Jackson

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cavauro posted:

what if someone threw sami callihan off the ship. That would Get the marks barking

I’d buy that poorly misspelled shirt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, question.

Should/will NJPW consider putting Dominion in the Osaka Dome at any point in the next few years?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

This was my intro as well way back when. I'd like to say I called it then that this guy would go on to be what he's become but that'd be a lie.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

Our oceans have been polluted enough already

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

As long as he's freelance it'll never happen

they've had freelance champions plenty of times before. kojima, mutoh, goto will never be an iwgp heavyweight champion, tenryu, etc

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

So, question.

Should/will NJPW consider putting Dominion in the Osaka Dome at any point in the next few years?

Naito's repeatedly said he wants NJPW to run the Domes. I hope to see it, but it'll only happen if Harold pushes for it. Maybe if the G1 Budokan shows do well...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VJeff posted:

So, question.

i think they should go for it next year and even if it doesnt sell out it would still likely outdraw jo-hall and give them a good answer of where they're at with the local fanbase. kinda cool how osaka has seen the most iwgp title changes the past 6 years.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm always really impressed with the genuine emotion BTE is able to get out of that generic Apple piano tune

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm always really impressed with the genuine emotion BTE is able to get out of that generic Apple piano tune

its really well produced for something filmed with iphones and ipads.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Someday Okada's not gonna lose a belt at a Dominion, and then he'll be the GOAT

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its wild how wrestle kingdom is the biggest show of the year but they havent had the iwgp title change hands since tanahashi won it in 2011

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess it speaks to their priorities. They want the enduring image of their biggest show of the year to be their champion ace standing tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Now the real question is if Kenny can break two ties in one weekend when The Elite face The New Day at Street Fighter

(Bizarre seeing WWE.com print the words 'Best Bout Machine' and call the Bucks the IWGP Heavyweight Tag champs- though not noting that Kenny's the singles champ)