Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't wait to dance with my good friend ee-jis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

This idiot doesn't know anything; Mitsuru and Akihiko are in their summer uniforms but hero girl isn't

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Coughing Hobo posted:

This idiot doesn't know anything; Mitsuru and Akihiko are in their summer uniforms but hero girl isn't

Besides that though, it looks pretty nice. I'd play it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so SMT4A does this thing I kinda love where anytime someone would say YHVH it instead makes a weird buzzy noise and i'm just wondering if any of the other SMT's do that or something similar

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think 4A is the only voice acted game that mentions YHVH by name.

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

WrightOfWay posted:

I think 4A is the only voice acted game that mentions YHVH by name.

Devil survivor 3ds ver had it said out loud in like one line. but i could be wrong it has been years after all

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

M.Matsuda posted:

Devil survivor 3ds ver had it said out loud in like one line. but i could be wrong it has been years after all

It does, and IIRC it was pronounced "Yahweh" (same as the actual judeo-christian pronunciation).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MegaZeroX posted:

It does, and IIRC it was pronounced "Yahweh" (same as the actual judeo-christian pronunciation).

Noweh!

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

MegaZeroX posted:

Yeah that's what i remember. thank you :thumbsup:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

MegaZeroX posted:

There is no actual pronunciation. That's the entire point, that nobody knows how it's supposed to be pronounced.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tallgeese posted:

There is no actual pronunciation. That's the entire point, that nobody knows how it's supposed to be pronounced.

No no I'm pretty sure It's "Yahweh."

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I prefer "Yoohoo"

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

"Yahoo-wahoo!"

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Jehova :colbert:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Jee-hoo-vay?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I can't find anything about Atlus at E3 besides the two dancing games. Is it possible Nintendo will be making announcements of their games in their press conference? Or does Atlus usually announce games at a different conference? I'd love to hear more about SMT5 or what the hell is going to happen to the Etrian Odyssey series.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if there's gonna be anything about their switch games, it'll have to be during nintendo's stream. maybe persona could make it on stage for sony after how well 5 did but anything else would wait until tgs for sure. not that a persona announcement is that likely in the first place

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Considering that the dancing games are already out in Japan and so far from the western release, it's very unlikely they'll be shown.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

I can't find anything about Atlus at E3 besides the two dancing games. Is it possible Nintendo will be making announcements of their games in their press conference? Or does Atlus usually announce games at a different conference? I'd love to hear more about SMT5 or what the hell is going to happen to the Etrian Odyssey series.

First hit on "sega e3 conference is sort-of helpful:

quote:

While there won't be a formal conference for either company, Sega will be streaming every day from the E3 show floor. This is where you'll be able to catch the new Catherine trailer before the internet spoils anything for you. You can find them on Twitch, Facebook, and YouTube, where they will be holding interviews with developers behind the games and showing off some "exclusive content."

(https://www.destructoid.com/sega-and-atlus-e3-includes-yakuza-total-war-and-valkyria-chronicles-506466.phtml)

... So sounds like "check your favorite gaming site unless you have way too much free time"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Considering that the dancing games are already out in Japan and so far from the western release, it's very unlikely they'll be shown.

I meant like something for persona 5. tho if they do a p3p/p4g style enhanced edition port for switch, that'd be a nintendo announcement for sure regardless of whether it's also on ps4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Persona 5 came out last year

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dlc and enhanced editions have been announced at e3 press conferences before. they've been announced at the one this year even

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

OddObserver posted:

First hit on "sega e3 conference is sort-of helpful:

(https://www.destructoid.com/sega-and-atlus-e3-includes-yakuza-total-war-and-valkyria-chronicles-506466.phtml)

... So sounds like "check your favorite gaming site unless you have way too much free time"

That's what I meant I had seen. It's really thin, but I guess E3 may not be their big conference.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Waffleman_ posted:

Persona 5 came out last year

It came out in 2016

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Dragonatrix posted:

It came out in 2014

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Atlas Hugged posted:

They already announced a new Etrian Odyssey coming out this year on 3DS (in Japan) but I wouldn't expect it until next year in English. No localization announcement yet

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Turns out new copies of the Digital Devil Saga games are actually dirt cheap?? I just picked up both of them for about $20 total, shrinkwrapped and everything. Nifty.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Turns out new copies of the Digital Devil Saga games are actually dirt cheap?? I just picked up both of them for about $20 total, shrinkwrapped and everything. Nifty.

They did reprints of most every ps2 megaten game very late in the ststems life. None of the games are actually that expensive

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the biggest thing to expect from Altus showwise is a surprise SMTVin 2018 at Nintendo.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Gaius Marius posted:

They did reprints of most every ps2 megaten game very late in the ststems life. None of the games are actually that expensive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Well, if I ever need money..

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh huh I have that too, didn't realise it was that rare.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I'm in PAL territory, so maybe that changes things?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Ghostlight published PS2 SMTs got a reprint in..2011 or so? I remember seeing a lot of cheap new copies of DDS2 around that time, anyway.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Pllllbrt Ghostlight. They're still charging about 4 times as much for P3P as the Atlus-published US storefront.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They're super poo poo and always have been.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm amazed they're even still around.

That 'if enough people pre-order Devil Survivor 2 we'll release it' thing was hilarious when it had been out for like two years and everyone who cared had already imported it from the US.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

never forget the terrible gently caress ups they made with devil survivor overclocked also

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Speaking of Devil Survivor, I'd sacrifice someone to a dark god if it got me a Devil Survivor 3 on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Atlas Hugged posted:

Speaking of Devil Survivor, I'd sacrifice someone to a dark god if it got me a Devil Survivor 3 on Switch.

As long as they go back to the tone set in the first Devil Survivor.