Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Fallout 76 has a November 14 release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol cool, build poo poo and then maybe nuke it. I wonder if that destruction they showed can happen wherever.

Like GTA in post nuclear

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Two days before my birthday.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
So with this whole "you make your own stories" thing, I guess that means there aren't any NPCs or quests?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
So uh, no mods?

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I have to wonder how the gently caress settlement building is going to work with instanced servers

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
^^ I think he also said that you could just pick up your settlement and place it elsewhere later for like moving between servers

Gibbering posted:

So with this whole "you make your own stories" thing, I guess that means there aren't any NPCs or quests?

He mentioned the overseer sending you out on quests

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

I like that the game starts out with a nice outdoor area, and you get to nuke it into the Fallout Wasteland.

Ohhh is that how it happens I tuned in late

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Would like clarification on terrain deformation. Like, if you nuke a spot, is that spot forever nuked? How does that gel with other players who have not nuked that spot? If someone nukes a spot and I'm playing solo, is my map affected?

Jesus Christ, elder scrolls mobile? Todd why...

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Just point me towards the Goon servers where we get to nuke-grief other settlements.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MadJackal posted:

Just point me towards the Goon servers where we get to nuke-grief other settlements.

I can't wait for the server where every goon is working together in one big squad but the end goal is to nuke the entire map to bedrock.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Okay, so we got always online PUBG clones and mobile games. Kinda the exact opposite of what I wanted from all these E3 announcements to be honest.

Wish RAGE 2 got a release date. Think Fallout 76 is going to land in the "maybe when it's on sale and I read more about it" pile.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Unormal posted:

So uh, no mods?

There wont be mods because its all online. The mods will have to be in the creation club.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
At least I know now that I won't be spending $60 on a new fallout game any time soon

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So I guess the big question is if the solo stuff is totally separate. Like if I don't want to see or interact with other players, can I do that?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jose Oquendo posted:

So I guess the big question is if the solo stuff is totally separate. Like if I don't want to see or interact with other players, can I do that?

The impression I get is solo is still online. You won't see or interact with other players, but you can still instantly just decide to join up with friends/etc if you're so inclined with the character you've made and been playing

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Nope, not according to Howard.

All the fun of FO4 base-building, with a chance of other random assholes dropping an ICBM on your house.

These guys learned -nothing- from the repeated backlash over paid mods.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Like someone else said in the other thread, it sounds like you can "solo" it the same way you can "solo" in World of Warcraft. Everyone else is still there, the PvP is still there, you can just uh... choose not to group up with people :(

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I'm going to assume it'll allow you to password lock servers, or just play on a private one with no one else on it. I can't imagine them allowing you to play offline completely but maybe someone will figure out how to do it.

Honestly if they did that I'd be somewhat more amiable towards the game. Still going to wait and see.

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Yeah unless I can completely shut out anyone but people on my friends list, or everyone entirely, I'll pass completely. Talk about a disappointment.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I'm going to assume it'll allow you to password lock servers, or just play on a private one with no one else on it. I can't imagine them allowing you to play offline completely but maybe someone will figure out how to do it.

Honestly if they did that I'd be somewhat more amiable towards the game. Still going to wait and see.

He said the server side is going to be totally transparent, which does not incline me to think you'll have any control of which server you're on or who with.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Psychotic Weasel posted:

He said there aren't servers. You open the game and you're put in a cluster with around a dozen other people.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Azhais posted:

The impression I get is solo is still online. You won't see or interact with other players, but you can still instantly just decide to join up with friends/etc if you're so inclined with the character you've made and been playing

This is how I interpreted everything but I guess I'm wrong.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if i could make my own cool dudes only server i'd probably play it but it sounded like they have their own servers so who knows

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

probably still gonna buy it but man i wanted another good first player experience :(

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
lol this looks loving awesome; I don't know what else to say

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I have a confession.

The FO4 built in mod menu isn't all that bad. I screwed up my Nexus Mod Manager so hard by switching my Fallout 4 file from my solid state drive to regular drive that I couldn't get it to work. So I tried out the built in one, and it works great other than the lovely lack of searchable interface.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Liquid Communism posted:

He said the server side is going to be totally transparent, which does not incline me to think you'll have any control of which server you're on or who with.

Whelp.

Okay one more announcement for the night. Fingers crossed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MadJackal posted:

I have a confession.

The FO4 built in mod menu isn't all that bad. I screwed up my Nexus Mod Manager so hard by switching my Fallout 4 file from my solid state drive to regular drive that I couldn't get it to work. So I tried out the built in one, and it works great other than the lovely lack of searchable interface.

With an online game they literally can't allow arbitrary mods, which means it'll be skins and other useless poo poo only

e: and this being bethesday, pay to win weapons

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Now I'm wondering.

Does persistent multiplayer world mean no fast-travel?

On a map 4x the size of FO4?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is impossible to come up with a better list of features I was never asking for and never wated in a Fallout game and they seem to be immensely proud to have that full list on their game.

HFCS
Oct 16, 2013
I've never been so torn.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

HFCS posted:

I've never been so torn.

I'll give it a fair shake. Doing Fallout poo poo with my buddies sounds like fun but I gotta have the ability to play unhindered by other players (friend or foe) if I want.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Azhais posted:

He mentioned the overseer sending you out on quests

I'm worried it'll be a campaign of radiant quests.

(Doubt anyone remembers from the last thread, but this sort of sounds like the game I suggested Bethesda make. One untethered from Bethesda's main weakness of storytelling.)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Being able to play Fallout with friends has been what I've been hoping for for years but it super depends on the implementation of the online modes. If it's Borderlands-esque drop in and out and being able to select world PVP stuff then great but if not.....

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
So splash screen for Starfield and suprise ES6 announcement. At least one of those was unexpected.

Too bad it looks like Elder Scrolls 6: Skyrim 2. Just going to pray to the Divine that it's single player and offline.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I hate gaming culture

The e3 cloud seems like they just clap at what's familiar. Then they show the crowd and it's a STANDING OVATION FOR AN TERRAIN PAN

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rinkles posted:

I'm worried it'll be a campaign of radiant quests.

(Doubt anyone remembers from the last thread, but this sort of sounds like the game I suggested Bethesda make. One untethered from Bethesda's main weakness of storytelling.)

It kinda has to be. Otherwise unless you and all your buddies are on the same faction's quest, the NPCs should be mutually hostile.

Not that any of the tradtional Fallout factions exist 25 years post-bomb but the Enclave.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Also did they "spoil" all the new enemy types?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Didn't the BoS form up shortly after the nukes or was it basically still the US military?