Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rinkles posted:

Also did they "spoil" all the new enemy types?

They spoiled a lot of them, which I am grognarding about because it's all FEV mutants waaay before FEV should be widespread, but whatever it's Bethesda. Had supermutants with the FO4 models and gear, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

I hate gaming culture

The e3 cloud seems like they just clap at what's familiar. Then they show the crowd and it's a STANDING OVATION FOR AN TERRAIN PAN

It's a confirmation that we're closer to a sequel to what very might well be the most popular multi-platform game of the past decade, which has held up stupidly well.

Yeah, I'd cheer too.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm actually pretty interested in f76 - I think it could be a lot of fun.

REALLY curious about Starfield, though. Spacegames tend to be a big draw for me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

Also did they "spoil" all the new enemy types?

There's a dragon.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Servaetes posted:

Didn't the BoS form up shortly after the nukes or was it basically still the US military?

The BoS formed right before the war, but at this point in the story they'd be hiding in a bunker clear on the other side of the country so it wouldn't make any sense to have them show up here.

HFCS
Oct 16, 2013

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'll give it a fair shake. Doing Fallout poo poo with my buddies sounds like fun but I gotta have the ability to play unhindered by other players (friend or foe) if I want.

Yeah they can still have my money and I'll still play the gently caress out of it I'm sure. But uhhh... I'm just gonna go with, this isn't FO5, this is a spinoff game akin to the iphone vault game. Fallout 5 is still out there for us... in the future. Somewhere.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Servaetes posted:

Didn't the BoS form up shortly after the nukes or was it basically still the US military?

They formed in Cali post-war out of a military unit that was guarding Mariposa Military Base.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Psychotic Weasel posted:

So splash screen for Starfield and suprise ES6 announcement. At least one of those was unexpected.

Too bad it looks like Elder Scrolls 6: Skyrim 2. Just going to pray to the Divine that it's single player and offline.

The fact that they were ready to reveal either one of these, to me suggests, as was speculated, they didn't do the brunt of the development.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also, they'll have to completely redo the feels-like experience because about a solid 80% of everything is cheesing it to the max.

"Imagine building the perfect settlement Fallout.

Now imagine a swarm of Goons with two-shot Fat Mans nuke it out of existence faster than it takes your lag spike to resolve

Now imagine they call you a fag.

Fallout 76"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

It just hit me: a Fallout game without (basically) any NPCs or conversations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

IF f76 comes out right after the war, then that means we don't have much opportunity for mutations yet

MadJackal posted:

It's a confirmation that we're closer to a sequel to what very might well be the most popular multi-platform game of the past decade, which has held up stupidly well.

Yeah, I'd cheer too.

...yea... more affirmation to the status quo.

E3 just seems like a lot of whats wrong with games AND hollywood - reboots and familiar poo poo and not enough exploration

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I missed the first part of the F76 commercial. Does it require online play? Cause the internet is poo poo where I am so that'd be a non-starter.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Dameius posted:

Also, they'll have to completely redo the feels-like experience because about a solid 80% of everything is cheesing it to the max.

"Imagine building the perfect settlement Fallout.

Now imagine a swarm of Goons with two-shot Fat Mans nuke it out of existence faster than it takes your lag spike to resolve

Now imagine they call you a fag.

Fallout 76"

Depending on how easy/fast you can grab nuke launch codes it could just be a few grognards half the map away giving you the finger.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rinkles posted:

You are the npc. You make all the towns.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Cool, bethesda figured out how to work around their weakest part, rather than getting better at it and bringing in people to help?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Springfield Fatts posted:

I missed the first part of the F76 commercial. Does it require online play? Cause the internet is poo poo where I am so that'd be a non-starter.

Yeah. Online only.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh yeah another thing, Todd said that there were several "areas" which very well might mean different maps that are not interconnected.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

IF f76 comes out right after the war, then that means we don't have much opportunity for mutations yet

Yeah, hate to tell you but that's not what the gameplay videos look like.

I mean, it's not like Bethesda cares about the setting enough to stick to the timeline anyway.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
X-01 power armor outside of the Enclave?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Arcsquad12 posted:

X-01 power armor outside of the Enclave?

This is their fallout 1 prequel.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

7c Nickel posted:

Also it hasn't been Gamebryo for almost a decade.

Creation is a Gamebryo fork dating from 2002, hope this helps.

Eurogamer with the skinny on what we actually now know: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-11-fallout-76-is-entirely-online-but-you-can-play-solo

If it's a latecomer RUST/H1Z1-like where you're nuking people on the same instance and it's all PvP all the time, meh, gently caress that. If you can co-op with your buddies and launch nukes to fight nastier beasties to get better goodies, I'm in.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This looks like the worst, most tone-deaf, stupid moron version of Fallout there could be. No VATS? No understanding of the core themes of the IP at all? Good job Bethesda, you managed to make Fallout 4 look like a deep deconstruction of the series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tenzarin posted:

This is their fallout 1 prequel.

I guess the enclave could be more active on the east coast instead of hiding for a century like in FO2

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I guess there's no fast travel either or its gonna make getting into a gun fight a joke.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

I guess the enclave could be more active on the east coast instead of hiding for a century like in FO2

I mean, yeah. They should be tucked up in Raven Rock and on the Poseidon Oil Rig 25 years after the war, but again, Bethesda gives no shits about the timeline.

It looks like they're tying beta access to pre-ordering, too. Ahahahah.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I guess there's no fast travel either or its gonna make getting into a gun fight a joke.

maybe they'll go back to morrowind style fast travel

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Can't believe they made a Bethesda game that's not a day-one purchase for me

At my most optimistic it looks like it could be played solo like Destiny, in that whenever you go back to whatever hub exists to buy/sell loot you just kind of pretend the eight other guys bunny-hopping and spamming dance emotes don't exist? That's...hoo boy

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Did anyone legitimately want this? I've only ever heard cries for better writing, story lines and quests. Maybe voluntary co-op with friends. But why do it like this? Is there going to be micro transactions to make more money off the Fallout name? I just don't understand what the long term gain is out of pissing off a majority of their player base.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Can't wait to build a shack to have someone explode it. Not like I haven't spent countless hours in rust for someone to just knock over my castle.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Noirex posted:

Did anyone legitimately want this? I've only ever heard cries for better writing, story lines and quests. Maybe voluntary co-op with friends. But why do it like this? Is there going to be micro transactions to make more money off the Fallout name? I just don't understand what the long term gain is out of pissing off a majority of their player base.

Noirex posted:

micro transactions

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Noirex posted:

Is there going to be micro transactions to make more money off the Fallout name?

100% yes

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Man, captilism ruins everything

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Depending on how this turns out I’d rather have this than yet another bad Bethesda Fallout RPG

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I feel like the game can be played as a traditional fallout game. At least thats what they impiled. So I guess that means there are towns and NPCs somewhere... they heavily implied a plot.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So it's like a Destiny game? That's the vibe I'm getting from these clips. A bunch of people running around shooting a big monster

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Wolfsheim posted:

Can't believe they made a Bethesda Fallout game that's not a day-one purchase for me

At my most optimistic it looks like it could be played solo like Destiny, in that whenever you go back to whatever hub exists to buy/sell loot you just kind of pretend the eight other guys bunny-hopping and spamming dance emotes don't exist? That's...hoo boy

With one slight correction that's pretty much how I feel (though I guess Fallout: BoS exists, so...).

I can see why they farmed this poo poo out to another studio to finish off. May as well make a quick buck with your franchise if you aren't doing anything else with it for the time being, right? Just hoping this poo poo doesn't rub off on to any of the main entries into the series. But I get the impression that they've made more money on Fallout: Shelter than on 3, 4 and NV combined at this point so they're going to be looking for other ways to monetize things going forward.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
This sounds like complete dogshit. Genuinely sound worse than what people were glumly expecting.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I feel like the game can be played as a traditional fallout game. At least thats what they impiled. So I guess that means there are towns and NPCs somewhere... they heavily implied a plot.

I feel like they're going to put just enough story in so that's not a lie, but the intent seems to be to focus on all the other stuff. The big thing I feel like we don't know is if pvp is always on. I think you're going to be out of luck when it comes to NPCs and towns though, since they made a point of saying everyone you see out in the world will be another player.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

That's really disappointing. I mean yes capitalism and all that, but micro transactions for what? Weapons and outfits? Are people really going to pay $60 and micro transactions for Fallout of all things? After the fiasco that was paid modding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

If there isn't at least one Mothman reference I will be disappointed.

Granted, Point Pleasant is in the western part of the state and I guess this is on the eastern panhandle.