Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

All Deathclaws now roar with southern accents.

What are their opinions on people of colour?

Edit: I guess they are going to have strong opinions about ghouls.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I love Fallout but I’m not the least bit interested in multiplayer either for ES or Fallout. Not even a little co-op, gently caress that noise. I do hope that a proper Fallout 5 is still released at some point.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1006005799401877504

lmao @ crucifyuing urself for the profligte gamers. hail caeser

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I for one will buy this dumb game day 1 and will enjoy it for 3 hours until my 2 walls and a toilet gets nuked and I get teabagged.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If this is anything at all like Conan Exiles, I'm hyped. Conan is a great example (buggy as it might be) of how online PvP and survival/crafting should work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bethsoft has severely misread the crowd if they genuinely believe people play Fallout for the camaraderie that comes with palling around with a bunch of people

Never have I played Fallout only to sigh wistfully because Goku_Weedlord_420 isn't clomping along next to me in the power armor he stole from JohnnyAuts and his massive hundred-hour-playtime home base. Not once.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 11, 2018

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
lol can you really launch nuclear missiles at other players? What are these dumbasses thinking

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I hope there are "coop only" servers where people can't destroy you or your poo poo, though.

Worst case, I can hope someone mods the game world into Fallout 4 somewhat like Tale Of Two Wastelands.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ymgve posted:

I hope there are "coop only" servers where people can't destroy you or your poo poo, though.

Worst case, I can hope someone mods the game world into Fallout 4 somewhat like Tale Of Two Wastelands.

From the sound of it logging in is seamless and you have little control over it (though obviously you can invite friends, and there'll be an option to play alone). "Players won't even see servers" was the quote I think.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm the guy at Bethesda who is really into American History and pushes for every Fallout game to include more of it.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

This seems like it will be bad, but it might be good. I probably won't get it, unless it is good, then I may. I apologize if I've offended anyone with this take.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Did they explain at all why the game looks even greener than Fallout 4 even though it's a prequel to the rest of them

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I am 100% the target audience for that stupid $200 preorder with the helmet but I really don't want to play a game full of PVP hell where I log in to find my home base nuked or have to deal with dozens of griefing assholes.

Just confirm coop only servers Bethesda. Do that and you'll have my $200. I'll even buy that goddamn pip-boy kit from thinkgeek.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Fallout 76 Revealed - Monsters, Map, Power Armor, Plot, Multiplayer - Bethesda's E3 Announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c988iwM21zM

Fortnite with base building and Nuclear Strikes

:woop:

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully the solo/mp will be implemented like elite: dangerous where you can switch from solo, solo-group, and open world. Hopefully nothing else about this game resembles elite: dangerous.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I am curious how they'll square being able to build anywhere with having shared servers. (Imagine logging in, spending an hour building a house, re-logging in the next day to find someone else had used the same patch of land). Are you tied to specific server? I doubt it, cause you'd end up with a bunch of mostly dead servers.

Todd says something about being able to pick up anything you build, but settlements are so dependent on the land they're built on that that would inevitably cause a thousand problems.

E: also Bethesda save files get enormous. A lot of that is going to have to be saved on a server.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 11, 2018

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Oh sweet a new Fallout game......that is multiplayer focused. :flaccid:

Yeah, I'm definitely skipping this. GTA Online has ruined my interest for multiplayer games, they bring out the worst in humanity.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Nuking places to get rarer loot.... So people gonna be shooting alot of nukes?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

2house2fly posted:

lol can you really launch nuclear missiles at other players? What are these dumbasses thinking

checks and balances!!!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Couldn't they add multiplayer to elder scrolls and the sci fi game to make you have to use the creation club for mods?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

2house2fly posted:

Cross-posting myself

Yardbomb posted:

You know how (Or if you don't) Ready Player One had a really moronic sounding thing where like, someone could buy an item that kills EVERYONE in a zone or whatever? And the game was shown like this somehow wouldn't be a daily occurrence? I bet this is gonna be the reality of that stupid writing, it's either that or it'll actually be something completely toothless.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Couldn't they add multiplayer to elder scrolls and the sci fi game to make you have to use the creation club for mods?

Well it's a way of easing the audience into the idea, at least.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

Nuking places to get rarer loot.... So people gonna be shooting alot of nukes?

Constant nukes everywhere

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Constant nukes everywhere

Pretty weird experiment for VaultTec.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Sounds like it takes a lot to get a nuke and you can possibly only hit landmarks. But this then creates a crater with rare loot for you and everybody else to go after. Sort of like the dark zone in The Division.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CJacobs posted:

Did they explain at all why the game looks even greener than Fallout 4 even though it's a prequel to the rest of them

Yeah, apparently the War itself didn't wreck the place, the Collapse Of Civilization after did. According to this new timeline they've just pulled out of their rear end.

So cold war paranoia wasn't the cause of the fall of man, weedlordbonerhitler grinding for loot was.

loving Hell, has anyone at Bethesda -read a synopsis- of Fallout, much less played it?

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 11, 2018

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This has disaster written all over it. You can’t spell co-op without cop- out

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the people went into the vault as kids or did they sign up hoping bombs would fall soon so they could start their 25 year wait to come out of the vault?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

2house2fly posted:

This is awesome though

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I want more single player because im old and friends arent around anymore to play

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
And its just happenstance that vault 111 had an overseer dedicated to the vault co cause and refused to open vault after 180 days? Under the circumstance that he would also die of starvation.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Just downloaded Fallout Shelter on PS4 and it seems pretty inoffensive as far as free to play games go, unless there's some huge grind that shows up later on I'm having a pretty nice time with it.

I should mention there's also a (free) PS+ DLC pack that gets you 5 of the lunchboxes, a 6 pack of Quantom and 1 pet and Mr Handy box, so there's that.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

CJacobs posted:

You can launch nukes at other players.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

Just downloaded Fallout Shelter on PS4 and it seems pretty inoffensive as far as free to play games go, unless there's some huge grind that shows up later on I'm having a pretty nice time with it.

I should mention there's also a (free) PS+ DLC pack that gets you 5 of the lunchboxes, a 6 pack of Quantom and 1 pet and Mr Handy box, so there's that.

It gets grindy later when you start doing missions.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

It really doesn't make any sense for there to be human npcs running around since you're the first vault that opens post war. There should probably be some non feral ghouls about but who the hell knows at this point.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

if you have no npcs now, you'd have none later cuz that's how procreation works.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I just can't get over this.

Boston, 200 years post War : Burnt-out husk with pre-war skeletons everywhere, crater of eternal death rads to the south.

West Virginia, 25 years post War : Looks like Pripyat circa 2015.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Because Boston was a nuke target and bumfuck nowhere, Hicksville wasn’t?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

marktheando posted:

Because Boston was a nuke target and bumfuck nowhere, Hicksville wasn’t?

Yet Boston is populated and Hicksville is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

There's not really a good reason other than Bethesda being dumb.