Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Are all white men dudebros now or did the character do or say something particularly cringey? I couldn't really make out what he was saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

GANDHITRON posted:

Are all white men dudebros now or did the character do or say something particularly cringey? I couldn't really make out what he was saying.

some people were complaining about the cheesey dialog but those people were fools for paying attention to sounds and not all the extremely cool-looking sights in that trailer

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006195614349062144

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It was generic dialogue with the standard bald gently caress character on screen, so it awoke some woke people.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I want to complain about the Cyberpunk trailer for not really telling us anything other than the game exists and the world it plays in, but meanwhile I am hyped for a something that we know nothing about other than a title, that it's set in space and it is made by Bethesda...

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bholder posted:

I want to complain about the Cyberpunk trailer for not really telling us anything other than the game exists and the world it plays in, but meanwhile I am hyped for a something that we know nothing about other than a title, that it's set in space and it is made by Bethesda...

it probably won't be out till 2020, they've got time to show more

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh no a thing no one wanted wont happen?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bholder posted:

I didn't watch Howard introducing it. Do we know anything about Starfield besides: SPACE?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey, on the bright side that's an ACTUAL XBOX EXCLUSIVE! Congrats, Microsoft!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Bholder posted:

I like that it sets the tone. This is a world where robot-murder-mafia-bots casually move around in hover-Taxi, with the weapons on, and is a super normal occurence, so much that taxis have a weapon holder with like 20 extra weapons.

Is also a world where people or robots may have full body modifications. Sometimes hilarious tank-solid bodies.

It reminds me somewhat of the world of Judge Dreed.

Is not (always) dark, and thats good on our eyes. We will see a pretty cool world. Thats another bonus point on tone to me.

But yea, we have yet to see any gameplay. We still don't know if is a turn based JRPG game or what.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Rinkles posted:

I didn't watch Howard introducing it. Do we know anything about Starfield besides: SPACE?

It loves lasagna but hates Monday.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rinkles posted:

Literally all we know about it is that it's single-player, sci-fi, and it won't be coming out in the next year.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I hope it runs on gamebryo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It sounds to me that the new consoles are going to show in the next E3 or the next to that one. The PS4 / XBone have 2 years left in their lifespan.

Your Computer posted:

I hope it runs on gamebryo

he... *chunkle*

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
A streamer I follow that DMs a bunch of DND stuff on Twitch and is super into Cyberpunk in general did a like hour and a half thing where he analyzed the trailer piece by piece, pointing out all the little details, especially the fashions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IwEz7WxrS8

The big reason I'm posting it here, is because he notices a trend with a few characters they highlight during the trailer which I think is relevant to what you guys are talking about. Specifically a handful of them have the same jacket that protagonist dudebro wears. Two examples I can remember are the Samoan lookin dude and the girl in the alley at night. He suggests that that was the trailer's way of showing how there's character creation instead of a set protagonist like Geralt.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Let me just sit down for an hour and half for this.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't see what is the problem with this. Are you saying that we don't need police or government or anything because people will just get along with each other naturally? I never understood that mentality.

a stupid thread to debate this but anarchy is not lawless chaos, its a specific political system based on removing heirarchy and dominance structures. like its a pretty utopian and perhaps silly idea but it doesnt just mean everyone throwing molotovs and eating eachother in ruins. an anarchic post-apocalyptic society would probably be more chill than most in fallout

it gets used as shorthand for an absense of order but thats basically just a 20th century smear, like how in the 80s you might have used "communism" as shorthand for "bad thing"

e: I'm now going to level up my hot take and say, americans in particular would be net safer if you got rid of the cops

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 11, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

i literally do not give a single gently caress about halo 5 for this to even matter

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

You don't have to watch :shrug: I figured that'd be the response posting this would be. My point was about the main character

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
municipalism is a good example of anarchy thats happening in parts of the world right now

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

this but unironically

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My friends and I are going to sit down in Fallout 1776 and make entire gaming cities from scratch. Maybe even entire games. I've already got this idea for one: you start bound in a wagon, going down this snowy mountainside...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/playstationuk/status/1006201332972310528?s=21

Made canon at his last E3 :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rip

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

them acknowledging the account was kinda lame until I saw it was a charity thing

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is there any decent written pbp coverage of E3 or do I have to rely on your poo poo posting?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can't wait to see Final Fantasy Part 1/7 in an hour :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Can't wait to see Final Fantasy Part 1/7 in an hour :toot:

Brother Entropy posted:

this but unironically

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

You don't have to watch :shrug: I figured that'd be the response posting this would be. My point was about the main character
I appreciate it!

I'm glad the game isn't coming out until 2077 because it looks extremely my style and I'd be :f5: out of hype if it was coming sooner. I can't believe some people call it "generic 80's retro-futurism" because drat this game looks absolutely amazing.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dias posted:

Is there any decent written pbp coverage of E3 or do I have to rely on your poo poo posting?

Like of just announcements happening with no bullshit? Gematsu usually does article updates as things are announced

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

nopantsjack posted:

a stupid thread to debate this but anarchy is not lawless chaos, its a specific political system based on removing heirarchy and dominance structures. like its a pretty utopian and perhaps silly idea but it doesnt just mean everyone throwing molotovs and eating eachother in ruins. an anarchic post-apocalyptic society would probably be more chill than most in fallout

it gets used as shorthand for an absense of order but thats basically just a 20th century smear, like how in the 80s you might have used "communism" as shorthand for "bad thing"

e: I'm now going to level up my hot take and say, americans in particular would be net safer if you got rid of the cops

I mean, before the 1800s anarchy was synonymous with chaos and disorder, so saying it's a 20th century smear instead of a 19th century construction is pretty rich.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnN-zSuD6jk

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006205211042435072?s=19

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
too bad the new Fist of the North Star show this season was hot dogshit garbage that ran at like 20 FPS

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Policenaut posted:

Like of just announcements happening with no bullshit? Gematsu usually does article updates as things are announced

This works, thanks. I'm in class during the Squenix conference, can't really stream it. Actually, does YT do CC? That might be doable

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i literally do not give a single gently caress about halo 5 for this to even matter

Even if it happened, it'd just be going to the Windows store. You know, that grand bastion of PC gaming.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

HOLY poo poo A DUB

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

E3 MEGA TON

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006208154751758341

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i feel like the hard drive space is too high of a cost even

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

jesus christ lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wait, still exist? I trought after the failed br game they where gone.

• Locked thread