Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hey guys I- :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Man Scissorclips 2 sounds way more ambitious than the first if I'm interpreting what GreatGreen is saying at the end sentence there right.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
The road to E3 is apparently paved with broken brains.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Add gays to every game tbh

I'm glad asscreed is going that route

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Man Scissorclips 2 sounds way more ambitious than the first if I'm interpreting what GreatGreen is saying at the end there.

Wow, weird way to announce a new game, E3 is full of surprises!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GreatGreen posted:

I know the E3 thread is no place for seriousness but it bugs me when somebody says something totally innocuous and some SJW screams at them for being some puritanically religious ****phobic dude or whatever because they're pointing out some obviously corporate strategy for marketing to a demographic and how cheap that is.

Dig up.

"sjw!!"

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Pigbuster posted:

Is there a way to depict a lesbian relationship that isn't "pandering" because you seem to have drawn the line at "show them".

gently caress.

I'm fine with lesbian relationships. I'm fine with them in video games. What I'm not fine with is somebody doing this:

quote:

Doorknob Slobber posted:
lol lesbians make me uncomfortable too because two girls kissing is against gods will

...to attack this:

quote:

Diabetic posted:
Pretty much. The in your face "She's a LESBIAN guys." was just way too much. We get it. You don't have to put it literally in our face.

because the dude got attacked for something he didn't say at all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

it was a loving kiss

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Honestly some of the most interesting romances to me lately have been gay and I'm a straight dude so bring on all the gays imo.

Chloe and Rachel, Gregg and Angus, Hank and Conner

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What about baseball players scissoring on the field?
https://i.imgur.com/hhTUDda.mp4

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its not even just gay in asscreed. you can be bi too.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

GreatGreen posted:

gently caress.

I'm fine with lesbian relationships. I'm fine with them in video games. What I'm not fine with is somebody doing this:

...to attack this:

Actually the first is a perfectly reasonable response to the second, which is a dumb as gently caress reaction

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

putting your face on another persons face is disgusting and sick

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

gently caress.

...to attack this:

It was a kiss and none of y'all would have said a word if it was a straight kiss

Gays should absolutely be allowed to kiss onscreen without homophobes whining about things being "shoved in their face"; how do you think we feel seeing the entire history of media featuring All Straight poo poo, All The Time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Honestly some of the most interesting romances to me lately have been gay and I'm a straight dude so bring on all the gays imo.

Chloe and Rachel, Gregg and Angus, Hank and Conner

Hsnk and connor was good

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GreatGreen posted:

gently caress.

...to attack this:

The only way you'd believe the second quote is if you also believe the first quote, because there is nobody in the universe who would look at a trailer featuring a guy and a girl kissing and go "ugh, I can't believe they're shoving heterosexuality in our faces like that"

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
kissing is disgusting

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

muscles like this! posted:

hmmm

What does the rule book say?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Actually the first is a perfectly reasonable response to the second, which is a dumb as gently caress reaction

Nah. The original post was about sexuality in games in general, and the response made it into some attack on a specific type of sexuality and proceeded to move on with the argument in a disingenuous way. Gay or straight had nothing to do with it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
gently caress it just make every game like DOOM. No talking, no emotion. Only anger and murder.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
*straight couple live interest in literally almost every game ever*
*nobody says literally anything*

*gay character in one game, mentioned very rarely and not a big deal made of it*
:argh: loving SJWS

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

lol so tired of all these lesbians. Where do I get some gay boys in my face?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Hsnk and connor was good

who the gently caress are hank and connor

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

hell yeah

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GreatGreen posted:

Nah. The original post was about sexuality in general, and the response made it into some attack on a specific type of sexuality and proceeded to move on with the argument in a disingenuous way. Gay or straight had nothing to do with it.

When you go to the movies and you see a trailer where a guy and a girl kiss, do you get outraged by that?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
when are we finally going to get some het representation in the video game industry

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
And I'll just delete that post so people can just talk about video games then.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

Nah. The original post was about sexuality in general, and the response made it into some attack on a specific type of sexuality and proceeded to move on with the argument in a disingenuous way. Gay or straight had nothing to do with it.

he used the exact same homophobic language homophobes have been using for decades; whining about gay poo poo being "shoved in their face" is classic bigot behavior

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

lol so tired of all these lesbians. Where do I get some gay boys in my face?

That's what I'm saiyan

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

gently caress.

...to attack this:

because the dude got attacked for something he didn't say at all.

But then you went and posted stuff that was way way worse so

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Orange Crush Rush posted:

gently caress it just make every game like DOOM. No talking, no emotion. Only anger and murder.
But Doomguy kisses the BFG.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Every face the original Doom Guy makes is the same face he uses when in a relationship.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dont you guys hate it when in the newest romantic comedy they shove straight relationships down your throat? like come on hollywood, we get it already, you think straights are awesome

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

No Mods No Masters posted:

That's what I'm saiyan

Ellie's wingman in the trailer needs to hook up with Joel.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Macaluso posted:

If it was a guy and a girl doing the same thing you wouldn't say poo poo so shut up

No it's because if it was a straight couple kissing that same complaint wouldn't have happened. Why is it always "pandering" and "shoving it in our face" when it's not a straight couple

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

he used the exact same homophobic language homophobes have been using for decades; whining about gay poo poo being "shoved in their face" is classic bigot behavior

You are projecting. There was no gay bashing in that post. I just saw overt-sexuality-in-video-games bashing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

bitching about a lesbian kiss is not talking about 'sexuality in general', it's about affection between two gay people being treated as intrinsically dirtier or more scandalous than affection between two straight people

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

Pakled posted:

When you go to the movies and you see a trailer where a guy and a girl kiss, do you get outraged by that?

Am I not allowed to

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

GreatGreen posted:

You are projecting. There was no gay bashing in that post. I just saw overt-sexuality-in-video-games bashing.

you're too dumb to loving live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

overt-sexuality-in-video-games bashing

• Locked thread