Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Capcom seems to be a good company now outside of their fighting game division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is there gonna be this weird interlude where Leon has to fight off a bunch of quirky jackass mercenaries? I never played ORC.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caidin posted:

So is there gonna be this weird interlude where Leon has to fight off a bunch of quirky jackass mercenaries? I never played ORC.

If it goes anything like most rounds in ORC, Leon is going to kill them so quickly he won't realize they're human before moving on

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Capcom is far from their glory days but they are clawing their way back up gradually. It felt pretty dire for a few years there.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
With the Arklay Sheriff costume, and the cop Leon distracts and gets killed, it seems like there's gonna be a prologue on the outskirts of the city. Basically the bit where Leon and Claire meet up in the original intro, but expanded into a tutorial/gameplay intro. If the city itself becomes a larger segment before the RPD, that could make a lot of sense - giving the player some story dense gameplay before a longer stretch of city, with the RPD then opening up the next part of the story rather than being essentially the start of it.

Raxivace posted:

What does "original gameplay modes from the 1998 release" mean? 4th Survivor and Tofu Survivor?
There were sound clips of Hunk, weren't there? "Money is in my account, always a pleasure" + "Need info on my extraction" with some sinister sounding dude replying "Survival is your responsibility". Seems like a pretty obvious mini-campaign to include too, given how many RE players seemed to be in love with Hunk.

Policenaut posted:

Mr. X looks WEIRD.

Mr. X infiltrated the RPD by getting arrested for creeping on little girls.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I like that he's wearing a ball cap to blend in.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
This is some really good news to wake up to. Capcom taking my money's this E3. Classic Claire outfit would've been the poo poo but both Leon and Claire look amazing. Also holy poo poo the RPD is dark. I didn't realise I was looking at the east wing corridor because the original goes in hard for that fluorescent light look.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. X's get-up was always missing a hat so I'm good with that.

DeadButDelicious posted:

This is some really good news to wake up to. Capcom taking my money's this E3. Classic Claire outfit would've been the poo poo but both Leon and Claire look amazing. Also holy poo poo the RPD is dark. I didn't realise I was looking at the east wing corridor because the original goes in hard for that fluorescent light look.

I'm betting on an early game objective to get the power on or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope it is good, but i will probably buy it regardless

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Policenaut posted:

Mr. X looks WEIRD.

It's Dolph Lungren with a trench coat. "If you die, you die."

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Policenaut posted:

Mr. X looks WEIRD.

This makes me more curious about the whole A/B route thing. Wasn’t Mr. X only ever in the B route? If they’re only doing two campaigns, whose is he gonna be in, or will he just be smashing his way through everything from the get go?

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Crowetron posted:

DMC5 and RE2 Remake? Is...is Capcom a good company now?

They've been good since RE7

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Their recent Ace Attorney games have been good as well.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Then again their fighting game division is a thing that exists

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

And Monster Hunter has always been good

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mr. X's hat stole the show, he's dressing like a Ninja Turtle out on the streets to get a pizza. Cool trailer! RE2 is my fav! Well, tied with RE4. RE2 is my fav of ye olde style.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
All the other E3 announcements washed right over me but dam son this gonna be special

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

With the Arklay Sheriff costume, and the cop Leon distracts and gets killed, it seems like there's gonna be a prologue on the outskirts of the city. Basically the bit where Leon and Claire meet up in the original intro, but expanded into a tutorial/gameplay intro. If the city itself becomes a larger segment before the RPD, that could make a lot of sense - giving the player some story dense gameplay before a longer stretch of city, with the RPD then opening up the next part of the story rather than being essentially the start of it.

yeah i was thinking this too, the whole intro will be playable and have you looking around while inside the car like 7 or something.

then again if its outskirts and hes a arklay sheriff he should have already bumped/heard about the "cannibals" in the mountains or the dogs or someshit 3 months leading into it. i heard they wanting to remake 3 next if 2 sells well so im wondering if they are gonna mess with how that timeline works, i always felt weird when claire and leon just waltz into the city but at the start of 3 they were setting up roadblocks.

will lose my poo poo if you are walking down the streets and you hear a faint distant "staaaaaaars" but your never sure if he will pop up but you know hes roaming around.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
uurghngh! jizz everywhere! Looks so good,and i liked the ps1 controller that the rat ran past briefly,Mr.x looks like jack palance and everything just looks awesome!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah i was thinking this too, the whole intro will be playable and have you looking around while inside the car like 7 or something.

then again if its outskirts and hes a arklay sheriff he should have already bumped/heard about the "cannibals" in the mountains or the dogs or someshit 3 months leading into it. i heard they wanting to remake 3 next if 2 sells well so im wondering if they are gonna mess with how that timeline works, i always felt weird when claire and leon just waltz into the city but at the start of 3 they were setting up roadblocks.
I figure he's just traveling through and ends up seeing some local cops getting eaten, rather than actually being a member of the Arklay sheriff's department. The alternate uniform is just based on Leon possibly meeting the sheriff and getting inspired to be a hero.

As for the roadblocks, could be the Arklay cops set one up and that's why Leon stops on his way into Raccoon City? He then investigates the local area because there's no evidence of the people who set up the roadblock. Hey, I had an idea; maybe he breaks Claire out of jail - she's definitely the type to get arrested trying to sneak into the city, plus who knows whether it's even legal to carry a huge knife like hers!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
unnhnnn, this game dudes. we're meant to be getting a live gameplay video demo at some point today too. hoping for an actual demo release tho.

:siren::siren:

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

According to folks on twitter it'll be playable on the show floor today, so we'll be getting lots of footage if nothing else

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

live demo at 4pm PDT which is 11pm GMT for those that care.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
how did they nail this game so well

jesus

i cant wait for the demos today

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
They could rework the part of the game after RPD to be a bit more open and I don't think anybody would mind that at all.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I like how Umbrella gave Mr. X a hat, so that the 8 foot tall, grey skinned, prune faced virus freak could blend in better during an apocalyptic event.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Mr. X looks WEIRD.

M'zombie, or "Of all the viruses in the world, T had to walk into mine."

Looks like a private detective that had an unfortunate acid bath accident. I love it.

I don't know if it is just me, but I'd say that the quality of the zombies far outdoes the main characters. Leon looks like a plastic model compared to them. Also can't wait to push those statues onto pressure plates then have two red gems taking up space in my inventory for hours.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Mr. X does look weird. I gotta say, the zombies in the trailer look scary as heck though. When that lady zombie's eating Leon in the trailer while screaming :stare:

Broose posted:

Also can't wait to push those statues onto pressure plates then have two red gems taking up space in my inventory for hours.
The true pro would leave the gems laying out in the open ready to pick up when you need them. :colbert:

Mogomra fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 12, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

figure that the RE4 angle they're taking with this remake might rub some people wrong but I'm totally up for it. I'm really looking forward to how much is actually morphed and played with because the start of the game's locations you go to so far seem a bit different already.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'm cool with shoulder cam, I just hope they keep original trilogy style puzzle solving and inventory management, I love that stuff. I'm gonna have to get back to speedrunning RE2 some before January

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Broose posted:

I don't know if it is just me, but I'd say that the quality of the zombies far outdoes the main characters. Leon looks like a plastic model compared to them. Also can't wait to push those statues onto pressure plates then have two red gems taking up space in my inventory for hours.
The zombie cops look great - I love how their bright blue shirts contrast against the environment/gore. As for Leon (and Claire), they might look slightly plastic in some shots, but I think he looks good in the screenshot Vikar Jerome posted. They can't exactly go the usual route for realism by making him look all rough and weathered, what with his primary trait being that he's a rookie cop. Though if they follow the original plot, he should start the game with hangover.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So has anyone actually confirmed the ability to switch to fixed cameras? Because I've not seen that anywhere but this thread and I had always assumed it would be like that :mad:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Policenaut posted:

Mr. X looks WEIRD.

M'Leon

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I'm cool with shoulder cam, I just hope they keep original trilogy style puzzle solving and inventory management, I love that stuff. I'm gonna have to get back to speedrunning RE2 some before January

the playstation blog post mentioned puzzles and "limited space to hold items" so I'd say we're in the clear

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Suddenly this is my most anticipated game revealed so far. It is everything I'd hoped. Of course, we'll see if these promises hold up when release approaches but I'm feeling very positive about it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Remake1 is one of my favorite games of all time and Remake2 looks really good.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Yeah I have always been cool with over the shoulder cam as long as they made the gameplay slow and intense with limited resources. Looks like they have nailed the atmosphere here.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

But will we be able to strafe? That is the question. :v:

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
Leon and Claire look amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So this game takes place only in the RPD? That's stupid and the worst decision they could have made.

:goonsay: