Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Len posted:

So this game takes place only in the RPD? That's stupid and the worst decision they could have made.

:goonsay:

I feel like they're just showing off the more iconic portion of the game, not that I'd feel bad about cutting out the sewer and boring industrial lab levels and just making more RPD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once you finish RCPD you have to play through upside down RCPD

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
IMO, they should cut out RCPD and the sewers and labs altogether and make it 100% going through the zombie infested city.

Then they should drop the entire story and make it Resident Evil 2: Battle Royale

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
I'd love a souped up, hyper detailed and content packed single location. RE7 should have cut out the boat and put more stuff in the house.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Len posted:

So this game takes place only in the RPD? That's stupid and the worst decision they could have made.

where did they ever say this

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If its anything like the remake of the first game they will probably add a few new areas. Like when you go out to that cabin in the woods.

A dream would be Jills campaign from 3 as DLC

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
they already mentioned they've added new areas and you can see some of them in the trailer, there's a small chapel type building in a wooded outside area and one of the new screenshots looks like the room/stairwell where the save room/dark room is (where nemesis jumps through the window in 3) and that seems to have 3 floors now.

also apparently if 2 does well they are gonna remake 3.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

they already mentioned they've added new areas and you can see some of them in the trailer, there's a small chapel type building in a wooded outside area and one of the new screenshots looks like the room/stairwell where the save room/dark room is (where nemesis jumps through the window in 3) and that seems to have 3 floors now.

also apparently if 2 does well they are gonna remake 3.

capcom's idea of something doing "well" is "nothing less than 10mil sold" so I guess forget about R3make

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

DLC Inc posted:

where did they ever say this
It's a joke. About how some people are extremely quick to judge a game in the dumbest fashion. Specifically by assuming the focus on a specific thing in game media means it's the only thing in the game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

DLC Inc posted:

capcom's idea of something doing "well" is "nothing less than 10mil sold" so I guess forget about R3make

they think 7 did well and that hasn't gone over 10 mil. its not 10 years ago anymore.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Wait they actually floated the idea of doing 3 too?

I think 2 could sell really well and they could probably reuse a bunch of assets. 3 could happen. I new take on the nemesis idea would be really awesome.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

the team want to do it, thats about all anyone knows.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

You're thinking of Square Enix when they need to cover for the failure of their Japanese studios.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
How dope would it be to see Nemesis introducing design elements from the Shadow of Mordor nemesis system? gently caress him up X way and he develops a strategy to deal with it next time, or a wound that changes his capabilities and route.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Len posted:

lol what? why do you think that's gonna happen? And anyway the RPD is the best location by far.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

The great thing about remaking 3 is that it's a game that can be improved way more than 2. The story is by far the weakest of the original games, just kinda dull and lifeless in comparison - and it has Nemesis as a potentially really interesting game mechanic. With the main enemy being one that actively hunts you down, there's also all the story justification you need for boss battles while still allowing the player a lot of freedom in terms of how they actually escape the city.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The great thing about remaking 3 is that it's a game that can be improved way more than 2. The story is by far the weakest of the original games, just kinda dull and lifeless in comparison - and it has Nemesis as a potentially really interesting game mechanic. With the main enemy being one that actively hunts you down, there's also all the story justification you need for boss battles while still allowing the player a lot of freedom in terms of how they actually escape the city.

hence why it wouldn't be the craziest thing to do by combining a lot of elements with the assets in place for RE2; after all, it technically takes place in the same location but at different times. but Idk if people who love RE3 would be cool with it being a smaller expansion. hell, if they wanted to really gently caress with the canon, they'd just add a mod that replaces Mr. X with Nemesis

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nemesis being so omnipresent honestly just made RE3 feel super repetitive to me. I think I'd like it more if there were fewer encounters with him but they felt more significant.

Also rewrite RE3's entire story.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status...611064161648640

https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1006613878090838017https://twitter.com/cvxfreak/status/1006613878090838017

20 min demo leon only, it sounds like we're gonna get on psn at some point, maybe after the showcase i hope?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 12, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You had all my money at “plays like RE4”

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://twitter.com/PlaystationBrah/status/1006617236230926342

good god check that story text you do start at the outskirts!!!!!!111! ahhhhhh give it to me

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope history repeats itself and Capcom finds a way to squeeze RE2make onto a Switch cartridge. It would be neat.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/CarcinogenSDA/status/1006611174698303488

Vakal
May 11, 2008
It's so good to see proper zombies again. We've been in a 15 year drought of parasite drones and shapeless goo monsters. Ooh so many goddamn goo monsters.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
They gonna put this one out on PC? I'm hungry for this game but my console days are pretty much behind me.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

It's so good to see proper zombies again. We've been in a 15 year drought of parasite drones and shapeless goo monsters. Ooh so many goddamn goo monsters.

I really liked the beginning and end of Leon/Helena in RE6 for this. Even the graveyard before getting to the church was neat, particularly the trick it did with the lightning strikes. It stumbled hard in the catacombs (endless waterslide aside) because that place just got so boring but China picked it up again.

Urban chaos is just kind of fun.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's a dumb thing to be anal about, but it looks like Capcom decided not to stick with generic-kind-of-look-alike-guns but actually model some accurate stuff, so Leon still has his VP70 (which from what I've read is actually a rather mediocre gun IRL)

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope Jill still gets the Colt SAA. Best gun in the game.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope they include the spark shot and keep it a useless piece of poo poo as a joke.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

changes seem kind of radical so far but it's been like 20 years and if there was ever a great template for a "proper" classic survival horror then RE2 is possibly the best roadmap ever, so if it's good then I'm all in. "RE4 gameplay" but in an even darker atmosphere is my poo poo, especially since I always thought RE2 was the scariest of the franchise.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Broose posted:

I don't know if it is just me, but I'd say that the quality of the zombies far outdoes the main characters. Leon looks like a plastic model compared to them. Also can't wait to push those statues onto pressure plates then have two red gems taking up space in my inventory for hours.

Didn't the first REmake change pretty much every puzzle from the original

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

I hope they include the spark shot and keep it a useless piece of poo poo as a joke.

It was good for the 10 zombies left in the game.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wasnt the Spark Shot very good against the walking plant monsters (which you encountered like 3 times total) ?

*edit* I'm thinking of Leon's equivilent which was the flamethrower

Basticle fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 12, 2018

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

changes seem kind of radical so far but it's been like 20 years and if there was ever a great template for a "proper" classic survival horror then RE2 is possibly the best roadmap ever, so if it's good then I'm all in. "RE4 gameplay" but in an even darker atmosphere is my poo poo, especially since I always thought RE2 was the scariest of the franchise.

If anything it looks like it will play more like the abandoned version of RE 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7gk569uaYE&t=143s

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Help Im Alive posted:

Didn't the first REmake change pretty much every puzzle from the original

Yes but they were still very Resident Evil-y. Being higher res made it much easier to actually follow the weird dream logic though, since interactive stuff stands out more.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Burning question- will the police station actually have more than 8 desks.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I hope we can save Marvin this time around, and change the future.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I hope we can save Marvin this time around, and change the future.

He would just end up being eaten by the the giant alligator.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

It just hit me that the only mainline game I can't play anymore is Code Veronica because I don't have a PS2 anymore. Capcom, do the needful and port that poo poo to Steam!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Vakal posted:

He would just end up being eaten by the the giant alligator.
Now I want a Final Destination kinda deal, where each playthrough the player character warns him just in time to save him, only for him to die gruesomely somewhere else.