Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

DLC Inc posted:

same, as I get older I don't need 50 games coming down the pipe for me, I'm really happy with RE2 in January, DMCV coming back, plus Smash/Octopath/Fire Emblem coming soon. Really happy with how Spider-Man and Sekiro look and I'll be having shitloads of fun with Hitman 2 later on.

Same, but with different games. I guess the fact there was no real out-of-the-blue "holy poo poo" announcements, but I suspect part of that is it's getting harder to keep a lid on this stuff so they seem to just roll with the leaks a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
All I learned from E3 so far was I'm gonna own a goddamn T51b helmet

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

robot roll call posted:

I feel like I have never ever seen the consensus on these forums be "wow, great E3!"

I thought it was fine. I saw a good selection of stuf I wanted to play and uh, that's about it. Nothing mindblowingly spectacular or out of left field like when I saw Horizon debut at E3 2015 and knew I had to play that game.

Also anybody who hates on the opening dance at the Ubisoft conference has no soul.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, overall E3 was good. EA was the worst and Microsoft may have been the best for me personally because of all those good multiplats. Sony was a technical mess but they still showed some good stuff. Nintendo was fine as well, I'm happy the new Fire Emblem seems to be correcting course and is just at pre-Fates levels of anime.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 12, 2018

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, overall E3 was good. EA was the worst and Microsoft may have been the best for me personally because of all those good multiplats. Sony was a technical mess but they still showed some good stuff. Nintendo was fine as well, I'm happy the new Fire Emblem seems to be correcting course and it just at pre-Fates levels of anime.

I hope the new Fire Emblem keeps the map design and fun challenge from Fates: Conquest but ditches the child unit thing because that was really shoehorned in to Fates

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope it has kingdom building

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Harrow posted:

I hope the new Fire Emblem keeps the map design and fun challenge from Fates: Conquest but ditches the child unit thing because that was really shoehorned in to Fates

Alternatively, keep the child unit, but have only one, who is either the main character or the My Unit's child if for some reason those aren't the same character. Or go poo poo nuts and have a different child unit for every romanceable option in the game, but you can still only have one!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Keep child units but instead of sticking them in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber just send them out as babies.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/PjIhCI8.mp4

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Stealing the best feature from the XCOM2 DLC was a good idea.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

conferences were fine this year, it's just that everyone had the wind taken out of their sails a little by the number of leaks

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Alternatively, keep the child unit, but have only one, who is either the main character or the My Unit's child if for some reason those aren't the same character. Or go poo poo nuts and have a different child unit for every romanceable option in the game, but you can still only have one!

I'd also be cool with bringing back child units if there's like a time skip and your other characters get old and the children take over at some point.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Harrow posted:

I'd also be cool with bringing back child units if there's like a time skip and your other characters get old and the children take over at some point.

so fe4 remake

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It sucks that all those cool West Virginian inspired monster designs are wasted on a game like 76.

Mothman deserved better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Switch Fortnite is literally just the Battle Royale mode and Epic has said that they aren't bringing the other mode to Switch at all. Kind of wondering if they're going to phase it out elsewhere or just let it die on the vine.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Electric Phantasm posted:

Keep child units but instead of sticking them in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber just send them out as babies.

Every time they earn a level, they grow one year older. Old enough to drink before they promote, old enough to retire by endgame.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

It sucks that all those cool West Virginian inspired monster designs are wasted on a game like 76.

Mothman deserved better.
on the other hand camden park is the perfect setting for a post apocalyptic game, they won't even have to change anything about it

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I wonder if Mortal Kombat 11 is going to make an appearance on the show floor? Though I would have thought MK would be one of the series that one of the big shows would want to debut so my expectations are low. :(

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

So Switch Fortnite is literally just the Battle Royale mode and Epic has said that they aren't bringing the other mode to Switch at all. Kind of wondering if they're going to phase it out elsewhere or just let it die on the vine.

The versions that have the save the world mode will probably get middling support but I don’t imagine they’ll even bother for new releases to be honest. The writings been on the wall for the coop mode which is a shame

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

so fe4 remake

I bet we'll get that one eventually since Echoes sold relatively well for a low budget remake

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broose posted:

I wonder if Mortal Kombat 11 is going to make an appearance on the show floor? Though I would have thought MK would be one of the series that one of the big shows would want to debut so my expectations are low. :(

Injustice 2 just came out last year. MK games probably aren't massively labour intensive most years but I wouldn't begin to expect it until next.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I was really expecting (and wanting) some MK11 too. Ed Boon made fools of us all.

Orv
May 4, 2011
On the bright side it's probably not too much more than a year out. MKX/IJ2 released in April/May.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Cyberpunk on the GameSpot stream in a minute.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
This was my favorite E3 in quite some time.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Thank you all for watching e3 2018. I hope you will all join me in honoring the best game of the conference: Ooblets

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This E3 was tied with all the other ones for me as the best one ever for gamers.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Orv posted:

Injustice 2 just came out last year. MK games probably aren't massively labour intensive most years but I wouldn't begin to expect it until next.

Oh, I didn't know that, I was under the impression it was 2 years ago, but I guess all the DLC tripped me up. I don't really pay attention to most fighters other than the casual friendly ones and MK.
Before someone gives me poo poo about me implying MK not being casual, I'm worse than an average garbage player when it comes to fighters. Even Very Easy gives me troubles near the top of the ladders. Least I feel like I am able to chain stuff together in other games just by button mashing.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Even a bad E3 is a pretty good time, overall.

This was a pretty good one, I think. I'm mostly in anxiety now about drowning in my huge backlog of games and seeing a wave of good to great ones cresting over my head soon

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For anyone annoyed that they didn't show much actual tomb raidin' at the Square show yesterday, here's a preview of the first tomb from Shadow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md3fla8cBzM&t=7s

Apparently you will be able to set separate difficulties for combat and puzzles in this game. Looks great!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Apparently you will be able to set separate difficulties for combat and puzzles in this game. Looks great!!

Please have a puzzle like the infamous Shakespeare puzzle in Silent Hill except based on the films of El Santo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Next Gen for 2020 practically confirmed.

https://twitter.com/WCGamingTweets/status/1006602730197213185

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The question is, will they make a Bone Switch

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Oh that's neat. I know other games have done that but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Was it a Resident Evil game?

Either way, it's cool that they'd actually design puzzles of varying complexities for people who are either super into the tomb puzzles or just really have no patience for puzzles.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Xbox Y

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Harrow posted:

Oh that's neat. I know other games have done that but I can't think of any off the top of my head. Was it a Resident Evil game?

Either way, it's cool that they'd actually design puzzles of varying complexities for people who are either super into the tomb puzzles or just really have no patience for puzzles.

Silent Hill always did that

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Got a feeling the xrectangle may be coming. A little rectangle you can carry with you and play on the go.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Y, Xbox, Y

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

So no real reason to buy a Bone X, and instead wait to see what the next thing will be? Doesn't seem entirely well thought through...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
they named the 4th XBOX the XBOX

• Locked thread