Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

please break his twitter hand, Mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Idn't he fired?

No, it seems that the actual stated reason for his absence was the real reason and there's nothing shady going on despite the speculation. He was included in the roster in the Dominion program I got.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Does anyone know a website where I can buy Weekly Pro-Wrestling online? Really want to get this week's copy. I'll pay a premium if one of the good brothers in Japan wants to pick me up a copy and ship to California...

E: I know Amazon has some back issues (some good ones at that I should probably pick up) but I don't see this weeks w/ Kenny and Kota on the cover after Kenny's win.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 12, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

No, it seems that the actual stated reason for his absence was the real reason and there's nothing shady going on despite the speculation. He was included in the roster in the Dominion program I got.

I can't believe the swole vampire has haters who would start awful rumors :cry:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1006410146333974528

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I got one pretty nice picture on Saturday:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yours is better than mine. The Bucks are slightly out of focus on the one I took. Too bad about that big wire going down in front of us.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i got an otherwise-good one of ZSJ going "lol no" and walking off while Ishii was beating up Suzuki post-match, which has that wire in the way

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's a real nice photo, drat.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i literally just noticed it shows kota looking at the belt, lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

thats great for a crowd pic

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

watermark it so the bucks cant steal it

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Jrs are still the best thing going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWDPLx1Hz40

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah that pic is amazing

Ospreay is an amazing interview so hopefully he doesn't end it soon by still doing dumb stuff

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah that pic is amazing

Ospreay is an amazing interview so hopefully he doesn't end it soon by still doing dumb stuff

His post match promo after Dominion was my favorite of the night. I love/hate that he is leaning into "I'm going to die in the ring and there's nothing I can do about it".

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Is it weird that until this picture I didn't even realise the Bucks had their NEVER titles with them? I completely zoned those titles out during the show.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i'm adding kara's (@QaraKoyunlu on twitter) power rankings to the op as she's cool and does a good job on them

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jun 12, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Germansimp posted:

Is it weird that until this picture I didn't even realise the Bucks had their NEVER titles with them? I completely zoned those titles out during the show.
i had to go and check who the third man was (it’s Scurll)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tanahashi isn't in S so it's actually bad.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Germansimp posted:

Even with that you still care more about those titles than Gedo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I half believe some of these titles exist to make the heavyweight title seem more important by comparison.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Best Bucker award

https://twitter.com/sr_torch/status/1006606698340110337

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cow Palace keeps winning

https://twitter.com/bangdreamgbp_EN/status/1006496042039181312

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They better drat well put Kaze ni Nare in the game than!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thauros posted:

i'm adding kara's (@QaraKoyunlu on twitter) power rankings to the op as she's cool and does a good job on them

Has NJPW historically always been made up of a handful of factions? It's crazy actually seeing it all written out like this.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tonfa posted:

The Jrs are still the best thing going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWDPLx1Hz40

That distracted boyfriend meme but it's Desperado looking at Hiromu.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1006577800759906304

super macho dude posted:

That distracted boyfriend meme but it's Desperado looking at Hiromu.

After BOSJ, the upset girlfriend should be Hiromu, the boyfriend should be Dragon Lee and the other woman should be Despy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
SUZUKI/ISHII GON BE LIT

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Gaz-L posted:

SUZUKI/ISHII GON BE LIT

ishii is joining suzuki-gun

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

handsome only face posted:

ishii is taking over ishii-gun

FTFY

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I still want Jericho to join Suzuki-Gun, and also for Jericho to piss off Suzuki at some point, perhaps when he tries to make it Jericho-Gun.

Jericho is gonna leave New Japan eventually and I can't think of much better than Suzuki murdering him to send him on his way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jericho said he's not working All In. I'm real excited to see him in Chicago now.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Why do they hate Kevin Kelly so much they they photoshopped him into a loving ghoul?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jericho said he's not working All In. I'm real excited to see him in Chicago now.

That would be an excellent surprise if the lights went out and suddenly he showed up to cause ruckus. Who knows what deals he has in place given the need to sell tickets to the cruise (which I hope does well, sounds like it's not struggling but isn't sold out and is touch and go).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw shout out to Kelly and Callis for being really good in general (I know the rule is watch main events in Japanese, but, go back and watch Omega/Okada IV in English if you haven't yet), but in particular Callis just sold the hell out of Okada's dropkick when he screamed "GOD DAMMIT!" when Omega went for a V-Trigger and ate the dropkick during the 3rd fall.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A truly shocking reveal

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

btw shout out to Kelly and Callis for being really good in general (I know the rule is watch main events in Japanese, but, go back and watch Omega/Okada IV in English if you haven't yet), but in particular Callis just sold the hell out of Okada's dropkick when he screamed "GOD DAMMIT!" when Omega went for a V-Trigger and ate the dropkick during the 3rd fall.

I enjoy the fact that despite ostensibly being a heel announcer, Don unabashedly loves Omega, thinks Cody's a piece of poo poo, and is terrified of MiSu (although this is less impressive since most folks would run like a bastard from him).

Heel announcers with shades of gray are the way to go.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

i think kelly and callis are a good announce team, period. certainly better than any combination wwe regularly puts out there.

and don got as emotional as anyone could at kenny winning, that call was basically an orgasm on his part.

btw i was describing to my wife the over-arching story of kenny not being able to win the title until the golden lovers re-united and kota was in his corner, and the bucks overcoming their issues with kenny and reconciling, and she absolutely loved it, just eating the whole thing up. i mean, its the defining love story of our times, so that makes sense, but i wouldn't be 100% shocked if she ended up buying a golden elite shirt at some point.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

shiksa posted:

i think kelly and callis are a good announce team, period. certainly better than any combination wwe regularly puts out there.

and don got as emotional as anyone could at kenny winning, that call was basically an orgasm on his part.

btw i was describing to my wife the over-arching story of kenny not being able to win the title until the golden lovers re-united and kota was in his corner, and the bucks overcoming their issues with kenny and reconciling, and she absolutely loved it, just eating the whole thing up. i mean, its the defining love story of our times, so that makes sense, but i wouldn't be 100% shocked if she ended up buying a golden elite shirt at some point.

It's a good, fairly simple story, and apparently Kenny and the Bucks came up with the whole thing.

NJPW is responsible for me still caring about wrestling, and I thank them for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

He was telling still Kenny to hook the leg about three seconds after he had won the championship. It was great.