Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Lobster posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

OH I GET IT I SEE

THIRD PARTY DUDES DON'T GET TO BE ON YOUR FANCY BOX HUH NINTY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Policenaut posted:

OH I GET IT I SEE

No Captain Falcon either. Rip.

He's the only one from the initial Smash 64 roster left out.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The Lobster posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

That art looks bad.

And not just because they used Marth instead of literally any other FE character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Echophonic posted:

I don't know which Let's Go version to get. I'm pretty sure Eevee riding on your head is the superior pick, but I'm torn. Wonder how they're going to differ.

Eevee cause Pikachu sucks

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Fortnite is pretty fun! Really hope they add gyro aim soon. The last match I played tonight I died to some player across the map and I got slightly annoyed until I realized they had killed eight other people before me. I decided to spectate and turns out that they were insanely good at the game, whipping up towers faster than I could comprehend and baiting out people. They were playing on PC (constant weapon cycling while walking around was the dead giveaway there).

And then there were two. My killer set up an elaborate tower, the other player set up some walls behind two trees across from them. My killer shot down one of the walls and waited with their sniper rifle.

The winner snuck around the back and shotgunned my killer. It was only their second kill of the round. Their nickname was something Nintendo related, so it’s fairly safe to assume which platform they was using.

So while I went in thinking that new Switch players would be at a massive disadvantage to the people that have been playing on PC for months. Nope, turns out luck and being clever means more than a mouse and macros.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Echophonic posted:

I don't know which Let's Go version to get. I'm pretty sure Eevee riding on your head is the superior pick, but I'm torn. Wonder how they're going to differ.

You can't evolve the Let's Go partner Mon so go with Pikachu because why the gently caress would you want an Eevee that can't evolve?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I want to play Fortnite but I also don't want to create a new account just because mine already is connected with a PSN account.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How do enable crossplay in Fortnite?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Fortnite crossplays with PC?? :psyduck:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Over There posted:

I want to play Fortnite but I also don't want to create a new account just because mine already is connected with a PSN account.

People are massively pissed on Reddit about it, and not just because of the Switch—apparently PS players got some kind of outfit so people linked their PlayStation accounts to their Epic profile and now they’re locked to playing on their PS4s. I bet Epic is gonna create some kind of one-time-only Sony account transfer because whooo boy people are angry.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso posted:

From what I’ve seen online it’s across all platforms, PC, console, and mobile all get dumped into the same servers. Well, unless you’re playing on a PS4 because Sony are being dicks about crossplat play.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Macaluso posted:

It crossplays with Xbox One, PC and even the phone version. The only think it won’t with is PS4 since Sony is lame about crossplay.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I played hollow knight before and I don't even care. A second playthrough is just as fun, especially when the first one was over 6 months ago.

It's kind of like reading a classic piece of literature. You always extract more value from your second or third playthrough. Yes, hollow knight is that good. I consider it a masterpiece of the genre, extremely rich and very fun to play on too of the art music etc

To be honest playing ports hadn't felt all that magical lately (though it was still fun). But hollow knight feels so drat good, to think I have this gorgeous game on a little tablet is too much to hear goons

What's even more hosed is that the game is only $15. If you enjoy metroidvanias to any capacity and haven't played this, holy hell man. You have to check it out.

Hope you enjoyed this top ten list see ya next time 🤙

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pegnose Pete posted:

Yeah I have noticed that as well, but it seemed to drop below 24fps in the trailer footage.
The last FE I played was Awakening and I thought the cutscenes looked awesome in that one.

Apparently the normal anime framerate is something like 12fps, and they all goddamn do it with CGI because they want to match that for "accuracy" even though it looks terrible. The only CGI anime series I've seen where they have a decent framerate is Cyborg 009: Call of Justice.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Just spoke with someone who is NOT getting Smash because Bayonetta and Snake are rated M and there is no way to "turn them off" so he doesn't have to see them. :psyduck:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I was going to say that Fortnite probably wouldn't get gyro controls because it could give an advantage over other twin stick options, but then I remembered that it's also crossplay with PC and therefore keyboard and mouse controls. Considering that, adding gyros doesn't really seem like it'd be that advantageous and instead just be a nice convenience option.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The Lobster posted:

Just spoke with someone who is NOT getting Smash because Bayonetta and Snake are rated M and there is no way to "turn them off" so he doesn't have to see them. :psyduck:

Quit hanging around elementary schools.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I did some more digging and to be honest I can’t get a solid answer on if the Switch Fortnite defaults to putting you on the same servers as PC/Xbone players. If you’re on mobile, though, you have to enable it in settings. I’d check my Switch but I’m already in bed.

I’m 99% certain the player I spectated was on PC though, their aim was too precise for a stick and the way they were cycling through weapons looked unmistakably like a bored PC gamer flicking the scroll wheel.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Lobster posted:

say hi to ned flanders for me

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brother Entropy posted:

say hi-diddly-ho to ned flanders for me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

lelandjs posted:

I did some more digging and to be honest I can’t get a solid answer on if the Switch Fortnite defaults to putting you on the same servers as PC/Xbone players. If you’re on mobile, though, you have to enable it in settings. I’d check my Switch but I’m already in bed.

I’m 99% certain the player I spectated was on PC though, their aim was too precise for a stick and the way they were cycling through weapons looked unmistakably like a bored PC gamer flicking the scroll wheel.

It says same platform for matchmaking on mine and I can’t figure out how to change it.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well now I’m just confused. Maybe the player I was spectating was mashing one of their bumpers? But who does that?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

E3 made me amped up about a new game the other day so I snagged Fire Emblem Warriors and it fuckin rules

FWIW I love musou games to begin with, but I also love FE and was brought into the series by Awakening and Fates so it’s absolutely my poo poo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

OH I GET IT I SEE

Snake is there. He's just hiding too well.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Fire Emblem Warriors is probably my favorite Musou game due to it's tactical additions working really well with the "oh god everything is happening everywhere oh gently caress" pace of your typical Musou title.

however the story, fan service, characters, and other things of that nature really started to get on my nerves by the end of the campaign.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Snake is there. He's just hiding too well.

It’s Solid Snake, he’s obviously hiding inside the box.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So I saw the direct and am hyped for Smash and switch games in general, but I haven't seen any of treehouse, did they pull another Samus Returns and announced a new game after the direct?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Waffles Inc. posted:

E3 made me amped up about a new game the other day so I snagged Fire Emblem Warriors and it fuckin rules

FWIW I love musou games to begin with, but I also love FE and was brought into the series by Awakening and Fates so it’s absolutely my poo poo

You've probably already played it, but if not, Hyrule Warriors on Switch is extremely good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So I saw the direct and am hyped for Smash and switch games in general, but I haven't seen any of treehouse, did they pull another Samus Returns and announced a new game after the direct?

Unfortunately no. Maybe tomorrow but probably not.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Downloaded Fortnight as soon as I got home.
Bought Overcooked for the kids because Overcooked 2 looked great.
Bought the Splatoon expansion because it's apparently dropping tomorrow???
Bought Hallow Knight because Nintendo likes to make me poor until payday.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

High res Smash character renders

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reminder

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I'm sitting here scrolling through my home screen icons and I gotta say, the line up on my switch right now is straight up fierce

Sure, it includes a lot of ports but my All Software tab looks just about as good as my Steam library these days

Switch is loving insane, I don't even care about or need retro games or emulators anymore

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

They announced that the Octo Expansion for Splatoon 2 comes out tomorrow night but I think that's it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Kamikaze Raider posted:

You've probably already played it, but if not, Hyrule Warriors on Switch is extremely good.

Yeahhhhhhh I bet it would be fun for a bit but i don’t have any sort of love for Zelda as a franchise the way I do for FE so i can’t help but think it wouldn’t land for me

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

those are actually downscaled, the original images are even higher res

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I can't wait to see her take on his reveal now.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Waffles Inc. posted:

Yeahhhhhhh I bet it would be fun for a bit but i don’t have any sort of love for Zelda as a franchise the way I do for FE so i can’t help but think it wouldn’t land for me

You need to love Zelda or it gets stale quick imo

Mostly because ugh minibosses and bosses are such a chore in that game, really break up the pace

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

FPzero posted:

I can't wait to see her take on his reveal now.

I think it’s time for Brawl in the Family to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I can't believe they got Bomberman as an assist trophy and not a character in new smash.

• Locked thread