Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I was wrong constantly and all the time, but every day we’d be about to kill somebody and then I’d think “wait a minute, this is all wrong” even right at the end with flerp there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

btw the only thing that got me vaguely annoyed this game was MMM thinking I woulda killed sniper D1 when he's a Mafia newb! :(

This is actually the one thing that made me stop voting you.

It should have been telling that I kept saying Birdstrike would kill sniper and he never countered me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also don't want to be a downer but I'm actually pretty disappointed in the lurker mechanic, as it just seems kind of miserable for bif and not enough of a gamechanger for anybody else considering just a normal mafia game is happening.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also don't want to be a downer but I'm actually pretty disappointed in the lurker mechanic, as it just seems kind of miserable for bif and not enough of a gamechanger for anybody else considering just a normal mafia game is happening.

The intent was that Bif's lurker limit would get smaller and smaller as the game went on, whilst giving her no ability to mod-confirm what the role was doing.

She was always quite significantly under limit on posting as is.

Otherwise I ran a very vanilla game as a palette cleanser post Riven. My much, much, crazier game is currently in testing.

YF is running a role madness game that I would recommend people sign up for.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I think you can see it in my posting but I did start to realize at the end. I kept thinking that maybe one or all of those guys were scum but then thinking “well, we’re too far gone for that”

Particularly Yami, who I just genuinely didn’t give a poo poo if they won. Good work Yami

Honestly? I did kind of burn out day 3. I'm not sure I would have if I were town.

Monathin posted:

My golden rule for my play was basically to always make a case I could have believed in if I was town. The Monathin in the thread and the Monathin in the scumdoc were effectively two different people. The only case I probably wouldn't have believed in was me calling Bif's post as bad, but that's because at that point I had hitched myself to the AS narrative and a swing would have saw me lose credibility. I probably couldn't have kept it up another day but by that point MMM and ASoda were so thoroughly flummoxed that the chances of any one member of the scum team getting dunked were effectively nil as long as we didn't do anything stupid.

This is pretty much exactly what I did too. I even had a case I didn't really believe - specifically, Soda. At that point of the game I kinda burned out a bit and was kinda forcing myself to keep going on my town game. I pretty much played hardcore town scumreading to try and find a good case each day, and it was pretty exhausting.

Most of my posts were actually at least half based on real thoughts I had on the thread. A lot of town were really scummy this game, basically allowing me to just drop cases that muddle the waters over and over to great success.

My reactions at the deadline were fairly geniune too - I literally just woke up and wasn't in a good state of mind. If I had been town I'd have been a lot more mad about the swing on me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also, re: the sniper night kill - I did think their behavior was fairly weird. I had a slight suspicion they might have been a power role, but at the time birb suggested the nightkill with the reasoning "let's give town as little info as possible" (basically) I just went "sounds good" since I was literally already in bed, phoneposting instead of sleeping.

Same reason GeneX died, town would have gained basically no info.

Beef got killed because we figured he would have been the hardest to mislynch, plus his earlier posts on "yami and mona scum points +" (very reasonable, I overestimated how much town cred I had and actually went to defend mona a bit).

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I dislike mostly-vanilla games and this is no exception

It’s palette cleansing with dirt

Killing Sniper n1 was rude

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

GeneX posted:

I dislike mostly-vanilla games and this is no exception

It’s palette cleansing with dirt

Killing Sniper n1 was rude

Then sign up for Fire emblem you moron.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Natural 20 posted:

Then sign up for Fire emblem you moron.

I’m in chic’s game

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
That's the real take away from this game, I think everyone has agreed - killing me is rude, and should never be done. Thank you all.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

sniper4625 posted:

That's the real take away from this game, I think everyone has agreed - killing me is rude, and should never be done. Thank you all.

agreed

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

sniper4625 posted:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
mostly vanilla games own

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thanks for modding and this game was always destined to be a lose for town since birb was scum and im town so i would never vote him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

sniper4625 posted:

i hope you play again, bad luck this game.

yami i got ur number now

can't play your current game cause canada but presign me for the next one pls

• Locked thread