Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

EAB posted:

I somehow doubt theyre showing gameplay but drat would I love for that to be the case. Maybe the raving reviews from the press made them feel confident to show the gameplay demo to the public.

It's just going to be a bunch of cosplayers dressed up as their favorite Cyberpunk archetype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
They explicitly said on their Twitter they're not showing gameplay to the public this E3.

You can probably thank the downgrade whiners.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It would be an interesting build to a video, to do a trailer and then talk a heap and have a lot of great first impressions from everyone who saw the demo, and then drop it right at the end of their E3 stuff. But I think they would say if they were going to do it.

It'd be great if I was wrong though!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope you can buy the services of trauma team and they can help you if you die. If not Game Over

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Watching interviews with Mike Pondsmith is awesome. The dude is a proto-weeb who loves Persona and is stoked as hell about this game. I'm glad he's been so closely involved in development.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Hey Syndicate was a really good cyberpunk shooter and I hope that this has shades of Syndicate because it was never not cool to see an x-ray tentacle coming out of your finger removing a dude's chip from his head.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Watching interviews with Mike Pondsmith is awesome. The dude is a proto-weeb who loves Persona and is stoked as hell about this game. I'm glad he's been so closely involved in development.

Link?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
An official one from CDPR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

One from a convention last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQXim8oKt9c

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
PC Gamer has a pretty informative write-up about their hour long gameplay demo.

It answers a handful of questions I've seen repeatedly asked.

Dialog sounds neat. Apparently you're free to walk around and do stuff during conversations and when you turn your attention back to the NPC you're taking to it brings up the options.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Apparently you're free to walk around and do stuff during conversations and when you turn your attention back to the NPC you're taking to it brings up the options.

Wow, that sounds real neat.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Dialog sounds neat. Apparently you're free to walk around and do stuff during conversations and when you turn your attention back to the NPC you're taking to it brings up the options.

Lol so you can be rude and wander off mid conversation.

I hope some NPCs care and it can affect quests.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

quote:

It doesn't look like you can change your character's bone structure, though—no deep menu of facial feature sliders here.
Aw, beans.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I like the dark souls “oh yeah well same to you buddy” responses when you walk away from NPCs. But that’s some very interesting tech.

^^^ and ditto for that. I hope some of the NPCs actually care when you walk away. Make at least one quest just instantly fail before you even accept it because they’re so easily offended.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I'm not that familiar with the pen and paper lore, I know Night City is fictional but it's loosely based on San Jose, CA is that correct?

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I'm not familiar with California's layout myself, but the guy yesterday said it lays on the coast between Los Angeles and San Francisco.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Santa Barbara looking a lot grittier in this alternate future. Hope they still have nice beaches, so the devs can show off these anatomically correct models they've spent so much time on.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope we get to one night stand that one big hunk of dude metal from the trailer.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jack Trades posted:

I hope we get to one night stand that one big hunk of dude metal from the trailer.

I think that's our partner (on at least one mission), if you mean the one that was having a nice lunch interrupted by two soon-to-be dead idiots.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

pik_d posted:

I think that's our partner (on at least one mission), if you mean the one that was having a nice lunch interrupted by two soon-to-be dead idiots.

Yeah, well, I better be able to show him my Mr Studd after the mission is over with.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Geomancing posted:

I'm not familiar with California's layout myself, but the guy yesterday said it lays on the coast between Los Angeles and San Francisco.

It's in the middle of Monterey Bay, between where real world Santa Cruz and Monterey are.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Ash1138 posted:

Aw, beans.

Don't worry, thanks to the first person view you'll barely see your character anyway.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
loving SO!?

If someone has a protruding nose or cheek bones they would be visible in first person!

Akong
Nov 6, 2010

Xaurips are reptilian humanoids about the size of orlans.

pik_d posted:

That's not the partner (Jackie Welles). It's the somewhat similar looking tough guy with a top-knot who is the partner.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006968806877683712

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
CDPR gave out these bribes to anyone watching their demo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rinkles posted:

Do those cybergams go all the cyber way up?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Rinkles posted:

What the heck is with her left leg? Something's very wrong there.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Waypoint discussed the demo for 40 or so minutes. They thought it was amazing. Link goes directly to discussion.

https://www.acast.com/vicegamingsnewpodcast/e32018day1-anthem-cyberpunk2077-andlarob?autoplay=true&seek=6888.154108

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Lol so you can be rude and wander off mid conversation.

I hope some NPCs care and it can affect quests.

Fallout 4 did this, it's half the reason for their new lovely-rear end dialogue system, it was poo poo.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Is the pen and paper RPG actually good? If so, which edition would you recommend checking out?

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Megazver posted:

Fallout 4 did this, it's half the reason for their new lovely-rear end dialogue system, it was poo poo.

It was Bethesda.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

It was Bethesda.

That's the other half.

Hakkesshu posted:

Is the pen and paper RPG actually good? If so, which edition would you recommend checking out?

The old versions are pretty dated, the latest one isn't very good.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Megazver posted:

Wait..so just don't walk away?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hakkesshu posted:

Cyberpunk 2020 is the apex. There was a newer version (20XX? I forget) but avoid that one at all costs, the internal layout is terrible.
(20XX was being experimental and not every experiment works out)

2020: very cool art, black text on white paper, great read.
20XX: bad art, green and black text on green and black backgrounds, reading experience is painful even if the text is okay. You will seriously struggle to read this.

Pretty sure CP2020 is still in print or at least available. Has all the best source material too.

There was also a spinoff within the same universe called Cybergeneration where you play teenage street punks infested with what is ultimately a vaguely benevolent grey goo scenario hunted by The Man in an authoritarian state. It's functional enough but doesn't play as well because its more like a cut down version of CP2020.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kotaku has a description of the demo: https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-is-a-violent-impressive-blend-of-deus-e-1826807140

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Senjuro posted:

Don't worry, thanks to the first person view you'll barely see your character anyway.

As long as I can get my biker stash and elven rebel cut to play ultimate Future!DadGeralt.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TL;DR :stoked:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wait..so just don't walk away?

My problem with it is that the ability to walk around during dialogue and actual interesting shots and cinematography during dialogue are kinda mutually exclusive. I would personally take the latter over the ability to randomly hop around when someone's talking at me, like everyone inevitably does in these games.

DancingShade posted:

Cyberpunk 2020 is the apex. There was a newer version (20XX? I forget) but avoid that one at all costs, the internal layout is terrible.
(20XX was being experimental and not every experiment works out)

Pondsmith would be dumb not to capitalize on the release of CP2077 with a release of a new edition of the tabletop game, so I'd probably suggest waiting for that one.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I believe a new version of the book is coming out with the game, so it's currently in development.

Another description of the demo from a different perspective. Seems like a really polished live demo which bodes well for the final polish of the game, I hope.

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1007024229957525504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Hamelekim posted:

I believe a new version of the book is coming out with the game, so it's currently in development.

Another description of the demo from a different perspective. Seems like a really polished live demo which bodes well for the final polish of the game, I hope.

https://twitter.com/dannyodwyer/status/1007024229957525504

Yeah I'd like to believe that too but it's probably a vertical slice of the game. Hopefully they're further along than we hoped but at this point I'm just hoping they can make the 2020 release.