Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
shotgun to the face gif in spoiler

:stare: theres another press picture where a shotgun to the face also blows half their head off that i posted earlier in the thread, in case you are worrying about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I have to wonder if Claire is going to get the bow gun and if it will still be an inexplicable split-shot if she does.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1006955279165083662

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vikar Jerome posted:

:stare: theres another press picture where a shotgun to the face also blows half their head off that i posted earlier in the thread, in case you are worrying about that.
Hopefully there's an unlockable shotgun with the power of the original. If I can't kill a handful of zombies with one shell then what's even the point?

This whole body damage thing is real neat though, really sells the idea of the zombies as an unrelenting foe without making the guns feel weak.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I wonder if they'll do a little easter egg for putting in 2236 as the safe code in the RPD East Office. That number is burned into my mind from years of this game.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

I mean I've been generally been desensitized by years of VG gore but this is some next level poo poo. I really hope the flamethrower is still in there now.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Broose posted:

I love their design decisions about the REmake. I am super hyped for this game. I'm glad they went with over the shoulder. The fixed camera of the early games made things too scary to play. But with modern controls I feel like I could deal with being scared.

If anything the OTS camera seems to make things more tense since while it gives you a longer view distance, you have a lot narrower field of view for poo poo to sneak up on you.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Did Japan lay off its censorship laws or stop caring or something? After 4 they really toned down the dismemberment and general grossness in the series.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Resident Evil speedrunner CarcinogenSDA and friends are playing REmake 2 on Capcom's stream and they're pointing out all the little differences and shout outs.

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomusa

Surprised to see Outbreak references in here. I'd have thought Capcom expunged that game entirely but hey it's a nice nod.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Policenaut posted:

Resident Evil speedrunner CarcinogenSDA and friends are playing REmake 2 on Capcom's stream and they're pointing out all the little differences and shout outs.

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomusa

Surprised to see Outbreak references in here. I'd have thought Capcom expunged that game entirely but hey it's a nice nod.

there's outbreak stuff in 7.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

map for the 2nd floor screencapped

stars office IS in the same location, just getting there has changed completely with all the barricades and poo poo. doesnt look like anyone has or can get inside. from the look of the map, the office waaaay bigger and looks like barry has got his own armory and wesker has his own captains office.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jun 13, 2018

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Jimbot posted:

Did Japan lay off its censorship laws or stop caring or something? After 4 they really toned down the dismemberment and general grossness in the series.

Likely no but with digital distribution I’d imagine a CERO Z is way less of a death sentence for sales.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Do you guys think it will be able to hold up with the only location being a police station?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Len posted:

Do you guys think it will be able to hold up with the only location being a police station?

I'm so jaded I can't tell if this is serious...

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

They'll make Chris getting swole as gently caress in RE5 fully canon by having his desk in the stars office just be a ton of weights and a bench

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Good soup! posted:

They'll make Chris getting swole as gently caress in RE5 fully canon by having his desk in the stars office just be a ton of weights and a bench

Could also have a garbage can full of adrenaline shots like the ones you find in RE7 right next to his desk.

This and Doom were the two big games I really wanted to get properly shown at E3 and RE2 didn't disappoint, so far it's looking like everything I've wanted since it got announced.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looks impressive, but do you guys think the game will be able to hold up if we can only explore 1 room of the police station?

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Leon: Hey, it's that room.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You're Guest Room comes off?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Creamed Cormp posted:

Looks impressive, but do you guys think the game will be able to hold up if we can only explore 1 room of the police station?

Nah they clearly show more than one room. But the fact it looks like it's all the police station :ohdear:

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Good soup! posted:

Chris got swole as gently caress because Wesker came back from the dead and completely kicked his rear end in Code Veronica. :colbert:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Chris got swole as gently caress because Wesker came back from the dead and completely kicked his rear end in Code Veronica. :colbert:

I still remember your old LP of that game from whenever the gently caress ago. Good times, man.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wesker had to cheat with those enhancements though

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Hoping you get to search Wesker's trash can 50 times to be rewarded with "Seriously, you don't find anything, you desperate weirdo."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"is it just the police station?!!?!" is already getting tiring to hear jfc. That wouldn't make very much sense, how would Birkin fit in.

Man when that initial leak suggested "RE2 will compete with Sony games in terms of graphix and physics" they weren't kidding, this is beyond anything they've ever done.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

DLC Inc posted:

"is it just the police station?!!?!" is already getting tiring to hear jfc. That wouldn't make very much sense, how would Birkin fit in.

Man when that initial leak suggested "RE2 will compete with Sony games in terms of graphix and physics" they weren't kidding, this is beyond anything they've ever done.

Wait are there people that genuinely believe that? I'm just making fun of everyone who came in the thread to go "RE7 is a lovely Outlast clone" after seeing the teaser/playing the demo.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Wait, RE2 isn't just in RPD? That's what I heard. :thejoke:

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The twist will be that once you leave the police station it will turn out that you were on an ocean liner the entire time.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yes gore is insane. The guy in the hallway with the half eaten face is the most extreme thing I have seen in a game in awhile.

Is the RE7 DLC any good?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just remembered that Claire gets a M79 grenade launcher and holy poo poo blowing up a zombie with a 40mm HE grenade is going to be gory in the best way ever.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I kinda found it funny that the first overall puzzle of RPD is pretty much the same thing as the outbreak scenario there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm hoping so hard that we get like a couple real Outbreak shoutouts, like maybe you could see the gang escaping across the rooftops from the first Scenario or something. Not Tom Cruise and Dennis Rodman deserve a little limelight!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Policenaut posted:

I'm hoping so hard that we get like a couple real Outbreak shoutouts, like maybe you could see the gang escaping across the rooftops from the first Scenario or something. Not Tom Cruise and Dennis Rodman deserve a little limelight!

I do want to see a note about Kevin somewhere, it makes perfect sense. "Welp, sorry guys, i'm off to go fight some BOWs with my .45 and trusty booze, thanks."

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Gnome de plume posted:

Hoping you get to search Wesker's trash can 50 times to be rewarded with "Seriously, you don't find anything, you desperate weirdo."
It should be a picture of Chris, looking exactly like Iceman during the volleyball scene in Top Gun.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Yes gore is insane. The guy in the hallway with the half eaten face is the most extreme thing I have seen in a game in awhile.

Is the RE7 DLC any good?

Hit and miss I'd say. I found Not A Hero quite bland but had some neat story elements to wrap it up. Then on the other hand you go punching zombies in the face as hillbilly son of the soil Joe which was rad as balls. Outside of the mini game DLCs you'll probably just give most of them a one-and-done pass.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't know about the US but the season pass for RE7 is on sale right now in Europe

I was actually really into all of it, the mini games like 21/Jack's 55th Birthday especially are a lot better than I was expecting. Not a Hero is probably the weakest one for me but I guess it's free. (I haven't tried Ethan Must Die yet though)

also it's kind of funny how all the DLC characters are more interesting than Ethan

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The freebie (Not a Hero) is boring and could benefit from being a 20 minute mission instead of 90 minutes of filler, but the paid dlc is absolutely phenomenal.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ethan being such a weakly written character even by Resident Evil standards is so bizarre to me.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just love that the only things Ethan was ever genuinely phased by were the insects

Centipede: gently caress fuuuuuck
Wife cut his hand off: OK a bitch gonna have to die for that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I thought Not a Hero was fun and liked how irritated Chris was during the whole thing.

:clint: Game over.