Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Animal crossing switch seems like an inevitability, just hope it's not that far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4R8FakDJ6s

Crossposting this from the Smash thread. The game looks a lot better than 4 does and I don’t see how anyone could say it’s just a port of it.

A lot of those Wii U screenshots look better. :x

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Odd Mutant posted:

They're screengrabs from the game while the Smashu screenshots are from the stream. Look at the lighting, shaders, etc. not the resolution.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Odd Mutant posted:

I disagree. The textures and lighting look much better in all the comparisons on Switch. Also what the poster above said.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bring back N64 Smash graphics.

I want to play as Lego Cloud.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Mega64 posted:

:emptyquote:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's Nintendo AF that there's no "do you have any comments?" thing on that survey.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
for reference, here's a proper screengrab from the demo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

True megaton of e3:

https://youtu.be/fOSEPEXi5aI

Killer Queen has online play. Like for real this is the AAA indie of the year.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

shooting paint on a furred animal should be a war crime

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Your Computer posted:

NWS that poo poo, last thing I want to see is Donkey Kong jizzing blood.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

You'd be jizzing blood too if an underage squid fondled your bananas.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

NWS that poo poo, last thing I want to see is Donkey Kong jizzing blood.
I'm sorry

here's a pic of Little Mac getting kicked in the dick instead

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Apology accepted

I can’t wait to see all the dumb goofy screenshots from this version.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mega64 posted:

61ε

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega64 posted:

Apology accepted

I can’t wait to see all the dumb goofy screenshots from this version.

Every character page on the official site already has like 4 or 5 each.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

How's the difficulty on Hollow Knight? I love to try out new games and I love the art style but I had to sell DKCTF because even funky mode as funky kong was too hard. I hardcore suck at platformers.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
When you buy digital codes for Switch games on Amazon, do you forfeit your gold points? Or do they appear when you activate the code?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pegnose Pete posted:

When you buy digital codes for Switch games on Amazon, do you forfeit your gold points? Or do they appear when you activate the code?

They appear when you activate. Does Amazon Prime give 20% off new digital games like they do with physical?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SeANMcBAY posted:

They appear when you activate. Does Amazon Prime give 20% off new digital games like they do with physical?

It's only for physical games.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Kvlt! posted:

How's the difficulty on Hollow Knight? I love to try out new games and I love the art style but I had to sell DKCTF because even funky mode as funky kong was too hard. I hardcore suck at platformers.

It has some really hard bosses and some Meatboy-level platforming in certain areas. I know some of it is optional but Hollow Knight will absolutely be too hard for you if Funky Mode was.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

watch a playthrough, the music and art are real good, but the game is probably too hard for you to actually enjoy playing yourself if you suck at platformers

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't think so, but they seem to be cheaper than the eShop price in my region. Thanks for the answer!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
When the survey said what you wanted to see, I said Mother 3.

Release the poo poo, Reggie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Bean posted:

When the survey said what you wanted to see, I said Mother 3.

Release the poo poo, Reggie.

I had one slight hope it might happen when they mentioned Kumatora and Boney by name...

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I had one slight hope it might happen when they mentioned Kumatora and Boney by name...

I think they realize by now that everyone interested in that game pirated it 10 years ago when the fan translation came out. Still, they did release Mother 1, so I'll never say never.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pokey Minch fled the battle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They released Star Fox 2 out of the grave

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tae posted:

They released Star Fox 2 out of the grave

That’s because it was already finished. They’re not going to retranslate an old GBA rom.

I feel like the only way Mother 3 gets an official translation in English is if it’s remade.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm surprised I didn't see "Everyone is here!" With Duster just laying face down in the dirt dead while the rest of the mother 3 crew party

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’s because it was already finished. They’re not going to retranslate an old GBA rom.

I feel like the only way Mother 3 gets an official translation in English is if it’s remade.

They may have already translated it at some point just like they had the original

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Octopath Traveller is up for preload.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oxyclean posted:

So they haven't said anything about Super Mario Party having online - and there's nothing about it having online on the press kit or on this page. But the same seems to be the case for Smash, so here's hoping?

Extremely doubtful, but I'm right there with you.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Man, you guys weren't kidding when you talked up the smaller games on Switch. I grabbed that not-Castlevania game and my 4th copy of Shovel Knight today.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Holy cow is ForkKnife a battery hog. Started at 100%, one handheld game, made it to the top 30, drained 9%.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because I’m still amazed I’m playing the game handheld but drat.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

overdesigned posted:

Related: agonize over re-purchasing all your PC indies on the Switch and eventually do it anyway.

:yeah:

The Bloop posted:

I really wish they'd just let you add into one pack and not switch around different apps, it makes me not want to bother

:yeah:

Roadie fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 14, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Broken Age and Grim Fandango are getting Switch ports.

...I don't want people asking me about Grim Fandango.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Are there any of the many, many third party Gamecube -> Wii U controller adapters that people would recommend?

And the same for GC controller clones and Wavebird clones?

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Beastie posted:

Holy cow is ForkKnife a battery hog. Started at 100%, one handheld game, made it to the top 30, drained 9%.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because I’m still amazed I’m playing the game handheld but drat.

Your poo poo might be busted? I played like 10 games and was only at 60%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Do you have like brightness on max?

• Locked thread