Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Hi, I'm CobiWann, and I'm a dirty capitalist, and I think this is loving fantastic news.

Would this have any effect for British wrestlers doing events here in America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Can you tell me what the surgery is for without offending everyone

ruptured implant

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Saint Freak posted:

You forgot the F- grade camerawork that makes it literally unwatchable at times.

I don't watch much NJPW but I watched Omega/Okada because of the hype and the camerawork, while a bit off at times was so much better than WWE.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

OctoberCountry posted:

ruptured implant

If your username was rovert I would pretend to be so offended right now

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The best Tale of the Tape so far, in my opinion.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I never cared for Bobby Lashley but I'm all in for Hell's Baby Boy

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Those Tale of the Tape posts are the best thing on Reddit by a significant margin.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Zayn/Neville had more stars than Zayn/Nakamura. Huh.

(yeah I know the latter is kinda overrated but man was that crowd hot for it)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz04yU5KlL0

This is getting a little transparent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Phenix Rising posted:

I never cared for Bobby Lashley but I'm all in for Hell's Baby Boy

Seriously, someone NEEDS to take that as a name

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Davros1 posted:

Seriously, someone NEEDS to take that as a name

repackage Big Cass as Kane Jr. so it doesn't matter that he sucks and give him that name

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkAz8VyF6oQ/

I like how they put Dunne and Dean on there to make it seem like "whaaaat, we're praising them."

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I re-subbed to the Network on the day of Mania just so I could avoid watching it at a bar. I'm planning on canceling it after SummerSlam, but will likely sub right back to it in time for Survivor Series because I am a stupid idiot!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JitteryComa posted:

I like how they put Dunne and Dean on there to make it seem like "whaaaat, we're praising them."

Honestly surprised they didn't put Asuka on there if they put Dunne on there

Edit: Has Lesnar had more televised defenses than Dunne?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

You forgot the F- grade camerawork that makes it literally unwatchable at times.

All you gotta do is extreme zoom and cut to a different shot 45 times in a single minute and you're golden is what I've learned from Dunn production

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
5 or 6 years ago (or maybe longer at this point) someone who worked for WWE wrote something or said on a podcast how Kevin Dunn wasn't really any good he just doesn't take any risks. It feels like since then he's tried to do as many stupid things as possible to prove them wrong.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Deadspin (via Bix) reporting based off of public court records that Amann was in a sexual relationship with Jillian Hall while he was her doctor.

https://deadspin.com/court-records-wwe-doctor-who-sued-cm-punk-had-sexual-r-1826818551

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JitteryComa posted:

Think they'll give Dunne two more months so he can move ahead of Punk?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Sure why not

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/KiingDeno/status/1007357130041487360

Apparently Ric Flair showed up in the chat too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, watching New Day + The Elite has been entertaining as hell!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Teddybear posted:

Deadspin (via Bix) reporting based off of public court records that Amann was in a sexual relationship with Jillian Hall while he was her doctor.

https://deadspin.com/court-records-wwe-doctor-who-sued-cm-punk-had-sexual-r-1826818551

And also another unnamed indie wrestler who was at a tryout.

I'm glad this trial revealed he is a complete scumbag

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

explosivo posted:

Man, watching New Day + The Elite has been entertaining as hell!

Yeah I enjoyed it, Kenny using a golden Cody skin was super fun, and it was nice to see players who are good but not pro-level fight it out, a nice change of pace from watching people who generally maximize every hit and work in tons of mixups.

I really liked Kenny just letting Big E hit him for more than half his health and then beating him anyway.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

5 or 6 years ago (or maybe longer at this point) someone who worked for WWE wrote something or said on a podcast how Kevin Dunn wasn't really any good he just doesn't take any risks. It feels like since then he's tried to do as many stupid things as possible to prove them wrong.

With someone like him I have no doubt that one comment on a podcast would cause him to change his entire work style just to say 'nuh uh'

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

lmao what a dork

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Best WWE example of what non Kevin Dunn WWE would look like is the Beast of the East special which was filmed with a Japanese camera crew

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teddybear posted:

I was JUST reading this, holy poo poo this guy. Hahahahahahahaha. Good on him for scoring with Jillian at one point I guess.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Amazing that in his pursuit of clearing his name he's managed to reveal at least three things that would get a normal doctor struck off.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Best WWE example of what non Kevin Dunn WWE would look like is the Beast of the East special which was filmed with a Japanese camera crew

That's right and I remember it being broadcasted a lot more like a sporting event. That's what I always liked about wcw's production too. Wwe seems like they try and go for a cinematic look but it just ends up looking like a kids show.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
The mandate from Vince is to make it look like a movie. Which is strange when you see Lucha Underground do a better job of that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave said Vince isn't committing to/confirming any dates for Brock, so while the expectation is still him vs Reigns is the Summerslam main event, the current reality is Brock's literally not scheduled for anything right now for the company the rest of the year :lol:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Astro7x posted:

Why are the New Day not the longest reigning champions of the Modern Era?
They are. They hyped that up during New Day's crazy long title reign.

Demolition still holds the record for any tag reign in the company, but those belts were decommissioned a long time ago.

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

They are. They hyped that up during New Day's crazy long title reign.

Demolition still holds the record for any tag reign in the company, but those belts were decommissioned a long time ago.

Isn't that the record they broke? Because Demolition was suing WWE or something?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Teddybear posted:

Well, that's enough to lose your license to practice medicine.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Completely unrelated, but I had a thought that maybe all the new cash that has been thrown at the WWE of late, (from the Saudis and Fox), will be eaten up by the insane money pit that the new version of the XFL will inevitably become.

Or will there be rules in place that say Vince can't use WWE money to play with his pretend footballers?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

BrigadierSensible posted:

Completely unrelated, but I had a thought that maybe all the new cash that has been thrown at the WWE of late, (from the Saudis and Fox), will be eaten up by the insane money pit that the new version of the XFL will inevitably become.

Or will there be rules in place that say Vince can't use WWE money to play with his pretend footballers?

We have an administration that probably wouldn’t enforce those rules, if they exist, anyway.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

And there's no reason to give WWE benefit of the doubt or trust their word that they'd even abide by any hypothetical rules that would be enforced on them over it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said Vince isn't committing to/confirming any dates for Brock, so while the expectation is still him vs Reigns is the Summerslam main event, the current reality is Brock's literally not scheduled for anything right now for the company the rest of the year :lol:

the universal title is a joke outside of, like, that one month goldberg had it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Gotta break that 720 days by Okada!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

The best Tale of the Tape so far, in my opinion.

It legit amazes me that Sami has been in WWE twice as long as Bobby.

Teddybear posted:

Oh my God this loving idiot :lol:

• Locked thread