Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Kaubocks posted:

pounds fists on desk

more samus ridley fan art

Okay.

From here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it's the most tumblr thing ever (and I don't know why there's a star wars there) but I think mute Samus raised by birbs is a very sweet headcanon :unsmith:

don't have any ridley fanart sorry

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Your Computer posted:

it's the most tumblr thing ever (and I don't know why there's a star wars there) but I think mute Samus raised by birbs is a very sweet headcanon :unsmith:

Samus never talks because last time she did we got Other M.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a very cute headcanon but in the manga the Chozo can speak Standard and they didn't adopt Samus until she was three and could already speak

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Samus never talks because last time she did we got Other M.
I was having a good day, why did you have to remind me of that evil :negative:

also this is definitely canon

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a very cute headcanon but in the manga the Chozo can speak Standard and they didn't adopt Samus until she was three and could already speak
the manga is bad so it's ok

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wow little mac can forward B and not go into a deadfall. So when you get knocked off dont double jump, just forward B, double jump for positioning, then upB. Also yoshi's eggs bounce on the ground to give a lingering hitbox and mewtwo's confusion has so little ending lag you get a free combo after doing it. Also Nana can't grab EVER so noone will ever find an iceclimbers grab infinite.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaubocks posted:

pounds fists on desk

more samus ridley fan art

http://www.awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=092214

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Samus a cool person, shouldnt associate with lamos like phasma

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i bet samus picked up some fuckin nasty chozo swears as a teen, just downright filthy

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m glad they kept the same announcer as Smash 4.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

Can't you just let the stick neutral reset and input whatever you want? What is the rar for? You can't dash through people for pivot crossups (honest, general q)

without the tournaround you just jab or down tilt in front of you, but with the turn around you can immediately jab or tilt behind you.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

You chase after a Ryu and he immediately turns around with his dumb up tilt in your face and you're dead

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

You chase after a Ryu and he immediately turns around with his dumb up tilt in your face and you're dead

ryu always faces his opponents

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bleck fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 15, 2018

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Your Computer posted:

this will come in handy

when sakurai kills himself to include everyone in smash and waluigi memers start typing a comment

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

sharrrk posted:

ryu always faces his opponents

replace it with diddy and down tilt

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
corrin and snake in this game means a cam clarke/david hayter reunion

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/shoyoumomo_/status/1007022892880728064?s=21

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ragdoll physics is one of the greatest inventions of all time

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Apparently there's been no sight of Isabelle's assist trophy...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Supercar Gautier posted:

Apparently there's been no sight of Isabelle's assist trophy...

If there’s an Isabelle echo fighter of Villager, I hope each alt for her is another Animal Crossing character.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Isabelle would NEVER engage in violence!!!!! I will not hear anymore of this SLANDER

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Isabelle always destroys me in Mario Kart, so I can see it

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'd love playable Isabelle, but I get the vibe that the missing assist trophies (including Shadow) are probably just not done. Feels like I kept seeing the same pokemon in the tourney so I suspect both just have a small selection done.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Maybe they just gave them the Isaac treatment where they're gone forever

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

This made me realize Katie still keeps Awkward Zombie going, which is impressive because last I heard she was a literal Rocket Scientist. Like, hired by NASA and everything.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

If there’s an Isabelle echo fighter of Villager, I hope each alt for her is another Animal Crossing character.

NGL, I'd love to see this. Hell, she would probably appreciate the chance to crack some heads after being stuck running the town while the mayor is AWOL.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bleck posted:

Maybe they just gave them the Isaac treatment where they're gone forever

isaac echo fighter confirmed!!!!!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

I'd love playable Isabelle, but I get the vibe that the missing assist trophies (including Shadow) are probably just not done. Feels like I kept seeing the same pokemon in the tourney so I suspect both just have a small selection done.
it's this

it's a demo, it doesn't feature all the items, all the pokemon or even all the fighters

also isabelle is far too wholesome to be in smash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I think the Shadow one has some merit simply because there's a Knuckles assist trophy shown, and they've never done more than one assist trophy per-third party character before, as far as I know. On the other hand I don't necessarily expect them to do an echo character for a third party. On the other OTHER hand, Sonic practically feels like a first party character in this game at this point. So :shrug:

Also speaking of assist trophies, during the treehouse segment earlier where they were showing off two assist trophies, two sword uses popped out and proceeded to fight each other and totally ignore the players.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

On the other OTHER hand, Sonic practically feels like a first party character in this game at this point. So :shrug:
I think he sticks out like a sore thumb

but my opinion might be influenced by my seething and all-encompassing hatred for Sonic and all Sonic-related things

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I'd rather six new playable Sonic characters than another anime kid with a sword

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I forgot how good most of Awkward Zombie's Smash comics were:

Pikachu angerly holding up a picture of Arceus is just fantastic.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Golden Sun wasn't even good, people only remember it because the RPG on GBA situation at that time was kind of dire.

God, I'm remembering it now and all of the characters in those games were just absolute morons, even the ones that were supposed to be smart. ESPECIALLY the ones that were supposed to be smart.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Are you sure you're not thinking of [the plot of every JRPG ever made]

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bleck posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of [the plot of every JRPG ever made]

Yes, but especially so.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

mabels big day posted:

without the tournaround you just jab or down tilt in front of you, but with the turn around you can immediately jab or tilt behind you.

Oh it's just pivot ftilt for the other tilts, okay.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Cicadas! posted:

Golden Sun wasn't even good, people only remember it because the RPG on GBA situation at that time was kind of dire.

God, I'm remembering it now and all of the characters in those games were just absolute morons, even the ones that were supposed to be smart. ESPECIALLY the ones that were supposed to be smart.

God drat Golden Sun was loving awful. I gave it a shot and was just utterly repelled at how awful and bland it was, and how hideous it's main selling point, the 3D render sprites, were. The battles were like poo poo smeared on a sidewalk with a tub of vaseline poured over it and left to bake in the hot sun.

The only reason anyone remembers it is because like all Nintendo handhelds, the early life has a drought of RPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

b_d posted:

I mean how the inklings have a move on shield+b in addition to all the universal moves

This reminds me: I wish they had given this to the pokemon trainer so that each pokemon got a down B

Blaise330 posted:

Wow little mac can forward B and not go into a deadfall.

Oh awesome, I meant to ask about that. It looked like ti from one of the videos I saw but I'm glad it's confirmed.