Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
DMC confession: I map devil trigger/lady's grenades to a face button because I don't have a better place to put it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Platinum really raised the bar with MGRs music but this song already gives me hope DMC4 will keep up. I can tell they paid attention to Bayonetta because this games backgrounds looks just like some of Bayo 2.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

beta devil may cry VS chad bayonetta :twisted:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

DoubleDonut posted:

DMC confession: I map devil trigger/lady's grenades to a face button because I don't have a better place to put it

The fact that chargeable guns aren't mapped to a shoulder button by default is possibly the biggest problem with Nero.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RBX posted:

Platinum really raised the bar with MGRs music but this song already gives me hope DMC4 will keep up. I can tell they paid attention to Bayonetta because this games backgrounds looks just like some of Bayo 2.

I'm just happy that Capcom is back to making games like this again. It really was a mistake to give some of their franchises to Western devs like Lost Planet 3 and DmC were awful. Not counting the resident evil games like Operation Raccoon City that actually sold super well though (people loving love resident evil)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah RE will sell no matter what, but they've still decided to turn that around despite being able to make cash with literal poo poo. RE7 was a return to form and this RE2 remake looks loving lit.

Capcom is and has always been tied with Square ugh for my favourite vidya company and I am glad to see them turning things around for two of my favourite franchises. It's been a very rocky road with Capcom and they are often loving poo poo in modern times, but I shall always hold them dear to my heart and let them fill my dark soul with light !!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
capcom's entire history has been really talented devs contending with godawful management, it just happens that the guy pushing hardest to have western studios develop games tried and failed to start his own game company and make a lovely mega man successor

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
After starting another day with BANG BANG BANG I gotta say I am glad Capcom stepped up to the front of "cheesy videogame music" since it seems that even though Crush 40 is back, the new Sonic racing game is lacking in that department.

Also reloading prosthetic arms on the fly is loving amazing. We're getting the DMC4 Nero with:
-robot arms
-robot arms that can also function as rocket fists
-and rocket skateboards we can fly on
and that's just what we get from Nero I am so HYPE for this.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Nero had a few other arms on his belt and I hope that's how they incorporate style switching with him.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Didn't Dante use Tony Redgrave as an alias? The start of the E3 trailer has a radioman announce that "redgrave has taken over". I assume the message refers to all the demon vines and such or it could be that humanoid guy covered in blue glowly bits.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I wouldn't worry too much about the grit in the trailer. If I recall right, the DMC4 early trailers were all about the Final Fantasy visuals and the anime drama, but it eventually became the best DMC ever (in the form of the SE). The only reason I reserve my optimism is that the more modern setting reminds me of DMC2 and DmC:DmC. Even in DMC3 you only had 2-3 modern locations before getting in the Temen Ni Gru for the rest of the game. But after seeing the way Capcom handled the DmC re-release and the DMC4 Special Edition (SO GOOD!), I'm more confident that someone over there knows how to handle Devil May Cry.

Shame about Tits McSidekick, but I guess that's japan for you...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
More like Teeth McSidekick

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Nico Nico Nii~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Brutakas posted:

Didn't Dante use Tony Redgrave as an alias? The start of the E3 trailer has a radioman announce that "redgrave has taken over". I assume the message refers to all the demon vines and such or it could be that humanoid guy covered in blue glowly bits.

You're correct on Dante going by Tony Redgrave in the novel, but the message in the trailer refers to the city, that is named Red Grave.

CordlessPen posted:

Shame about Tits McSidekick, but I guess that's japan for you...

Kyrie was present when Nero got his arm ripped off and the woman preaching at the start of the trailer is Kyrie's VA so I wouldn't discard her yet.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 15, 2018

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Does Vergil know Nero is his son? Or that he even has a son for that matter? Maybe he's just "hey I can feel my sword from there", sees Nero, demands his sword back, is denied, proceeds to rip the arm clean off without explaining why he should have the sword. Then, a series of misunderstandings all the way till Dante meets up with them and ends a pitched battle with an awkward conversation about who's who.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Vergil, this what happens when you get crazy and jackpot without thinking things through!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
They acknowledged the weird stuff in the novelization, and in it the spirit or whatever of Vergil definitely knows Nero is his boy. Like what was mentioned before though, Vergil is an rear end in a top hat and probably thought he was doing Nero a favor; after all Nero hated that arm so much and daddy knows best!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Vergil is just imparting the values he knows, if Nero didn't want to lose that arm he should have gotten power, MORE POWER!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Nero has motivation problems

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Kyrie was present when Nero got his arm ripped off and the woman preaching at the start of the trailer is Kyrie's VA so I wouldn't discard her yet.

It's not as if Kyrie is a much better character... Actually, Facegrill O'Breasts may yet have better characterization, though DMC has a pretty bad track record RE: female characters.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

10 years ago nobody could have suspected people would be goddamn psyched to see Nero in a reveal trailer over (a different) Dante.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Well everyone had a little heart attack before they saw him revving up red queen

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CordlessPen posted:

It's not as if Kyrie is a much better character... Actually, Facegrill O'Breasts may yet have better characterization, though DMC has a pretty bad track record RE: female characters.

Wtf is this, her breasts are not prominent in her design at all but you keep harping on it.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Nanigans posted:

Wtf is this, her breasts are not prominent in her design at all but you keep harping on it.

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Kat

What?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nanigans posted:

seriously I don't get this either, the character seems pretty fun and she's not dressed lovely at all compared to like, Gloria. It's actually cool she looks like a normal loving human being

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh ok, sorry I thought you guys were discussing Kat from DmC, not this new girl who seems to be crazy and good.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Yeah Nico seems alright

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Nanigans posted:

Yeah, sorry, I keep harping on tits because it's my go-to when making bad jokey names about lovely oversexualized design. I really should call her Midriff "Booty shorts" McThighs.

DLC Inc posted:

seriously I don't get this either, the character seems pretty fun and she's not dressed lovely at all compared to like, Gloria. It's actually cool she looks like a normal loving human being
But I really disagree with that. She is dressed super lovely. Just not as bad as the worst character design ever. (EDIT: which is a tie between Gloria and Lady Redux)

CordlessPen fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 15, 2018

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Poniard posted:

Well everyone had a little heart attack before they saw him revving up red queen

I know, I'm included, I even posted in the E3 thread thinking it was donte for a few hours.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

CordlessPen posted:

Yeah, sorry, I keep harping on tits because it's my go-to when making bad jokey names about lovely oversexualized design. I really should call her Midriff "Booty shorts" McThighs.
But I really disagree with that. She is dressed super lovely. Just not as bad as the worst character design ever. (EDIT: which is a tie between Gloria and Lady Redux)

There's nothing wrong with her design. Having more than an inch of skin exposed doesn't make a character oversexualized.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
her face looks weird but the outfit is fine

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I thought it looked like the Scalebound mc Drew their face is a bit different but they have the same exact hair. Short spiky and white.

Also loving Scalebound's mc's name was Drew. That has to be the worst game character name ever.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Edge Maverick.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hot take: it's not about the design, it's about what a character does. She's a cool girl who can do stunt driving and creates robot arms. I'm okay with her being a bit obnoxious and over the top, cause this is Devil May Cry for fucks sake.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CordlessPen posted:

she literally is dressed like a normal person. don't get weird because a character wears clothes where you can see literally any part of their body. it's fine if you don't like the design but like this specific criticism doesn't really make any sense

if anything the goofiest part of her design is her goddamn tool holster, poo poo looks exhausting to haul around

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 15, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I actually like her hick accent it's kinda likable in a way.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

she literally is dressed like a normal person. don't get weird because a character wears clothes where you can see literally any part of their body

if anything the goofiest part of her design is her goddamn tool holster, poo poo looks exhausting to haul around

I don't like the tattoos and the smoking :shrug:

It feels like the design is at odds with itself, trying to give a "though" and smart appearance at the same time but not being successful at melding both ideas into a coherent whole.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't like the tattoos and the smoking :shrug:

It feels like the design is at odds with itself, trying to give a "though" and smart appearance at the same time but not being successful at melding both ideas into a coherent whole.

i mean i'm not saying the design is perfect. just that, it's not that weirdly sexualized, at least not compared to any american media

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 15, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ulio posted:

I actually like her hick accent it's kinda likable in a way.

It felt a little forced, but I can appreciate it. Might come across better when delivering less canned lines. I like when games actually use more accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

i'm just glad we're out of the weirdo society Nero was within for DMC4 and into the hard city streets