Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leal
Oct 2, 2009

b_d posted:

they should take every single character and weapon combination from hyrule warriors and put them in smash.

Linkle in smash or switch in trash :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Leal posted:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Leal posted:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Leal posted:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope you guys throw away your switches and don't buy smash so the value of my switch goes up and also Nintendo makes better games instead.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

What is Hollow Knight actually like? Vague question but I’d appreciate hearing some descriptions of the story/design themes + the gameplay idiosyncrasies and similarities to other games.

It's pretty Metroid. You basically know the power you're going to need to advance down certain paths, and it's only a matter of time before you find that ability. The map and its upgrades are also pretty big focuses of the game

Spellman fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 16, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m excited to start it in a few! Anything I should know going in?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m excited to start it in a few! Anything I should know going in?
don't worry about dying!

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

angel opportunity posted:

I am so so excited for Killer Queen Black. It seems like the perfect game for me and I'd always felt annoyed that the nearest arcade cabinet for it is two hours away from here. I'm a bit nervous that they are changing so much about the gameplay, but hopefully it works out and doesn't ruin the game.

There's 2 bar arcades around here with Killer Queen setups. Super excited to see it make the jump to console!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I want Mario Rabbids but $30 is still too much.

Nah, it's well worth that price.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thexerox123 posted:

Nah, it's well worth that price.

Totally and shockingly good and worth full price let alone 30bux

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Animal Crossing is back! I have no idea why they didn't announce this at E3, holy poo poo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't get why they are putting in the money and effort to make these editions of the 2DS.

Also, does anyone know how long this eshop sale lasts?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

I don't get why they are putting in the money and effort to make these editions of the 2DS.

Also, does anyone know how long this eshop sale lasts?

1) because 3DS hardware, including the 2DS, still sells quite well.

2) til Thursday

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Xenoblade 2 update just hit that adds a few things, but notably an auto-battle option, automatic button prompt success option, and enemy aggression toggle that when disabled only allows salvage, unique, boss, and quest foes to attack you.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ragequit posted:

Xenoblade 2 update just hit that adds a few things, but notably an auto-battle option, automatic button prompt success option, and enemy aggression toggle that when disabled only allows salvage, unique, boss, and quest foes to attack you.

That last one is going to make exploration so much easier.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Just played fortnight for the first time. Really didn't enjoy it in any way to be honest. I can see it being fun the first few times, put playing it over and over? Yeah no.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sprite141 posted:

Just played fortnight for the first time. Really didn't enjoy it in any way to be honest. I can see it being fun the first few times, put playing it over and over? Yeah no.

I like it much more than PUBG but yeah, Royale games aren't my thing.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Not Operator posted:

poo poo no pretend I said "Glover"
I would buy a Switch for a Glover remaster.

So I could actually beat it without cheats because it wouldn't delete my saves.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

idk why I’m asking since I’m gonna get it anyway but how confusing/bad is navigating the map in Hollow Knight is there a form of fast travel etc

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

idk why I’m asking since I’m gonna get it anyway but how confusing/bad is navigating the map in Hollow Knight is there a form of fast travel etc

There is good mapping, fast travel and navigating the map is good & fun

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

:yeah:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

The only things to randomize are which shrine is which, and what monsters spawn where. All the seeds are the same.
I guess you could randomize the treasure and permanent weapon spawns, but who cares.

Yeah, there's not really a whole lot you could randomize that would actually make a significant difference in how the game plays. Not every game needs a randomizer.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just beat my first boss/big fat whacking enemy in Hollow Knight and oh man.

*that Arnie quote about cumming but about beating a boss in Hollow Knight*

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah, there's not really a whole lot you could randomize that would actually make a significant difference in how the game plays. Not every game needs a randomizer.
Randomise weapon durability. Randomise which areas are working under that challenge island rule set where you start a Naked Link.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Randomise weapon durability. Randomise which areas are working under that challenge island rule set where you start a Naked Link.

I'm imagining a run where every weapon just happens to have the durability of a rusted broadsword.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Randomise the type of the master sword. The tree gives you a loving leaf and is all :smug: about it.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Tropical Freeze's music is really strange. When I'm playing the game, I think eh this music is adequate, I guess. But then hours later I catch myself running a song non-stop through my head. Or I wake up with the music in my head. Just rocking the gently caress out.

The music...is good!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Tropical Freeze's music is really strange. When I'm playing the game, I think eh this music is adequate, I guess. But then hours later I catch myself running a song non-stop through my head. Or I wake up with the music in my head. Just rocking the gently caress out.

The music...is good!

That's David Wise for you.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Man these sales are loving great. I really want physical versions, but this price for Splatoon 2 and rabbids is too good.

I could buy rabbids this cheap at Walmart currently, but I'd miss out on the extra weapons dlc. Those any good?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sprite141 posted:

Man these sales are loving great. I really want physical versions, but this price for Splatoon 2 and rabbids is too good.

I could buy rabbids this cheap at Walmart currently, but I'd miss out on the extra weapons dlc. Those any good?

The extra weapons are kinda useless after the first world. They’re early game ones.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I bought Splatoon 2 finally, probably a bad idea because I just got Hollow Knight two days ago and have Mario Tennis preordered too, but oh well. Gyro aiming feels weird but I think I’ll like it once I get used to it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

gey muckle mowser posted:

I bought Splatoon 2 finally, probably a bad idea because I just got Hollow Knight two days ago and have Mario Tennis preordered too, but oh well. Gyro aiming feels weird but I think I’ll like it once I get used to it.

The single player is pretty good at teaching. Mess with the sensitivity till it feels best to you too.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

The extra weapons are just fluff, but since this is the gold edition digitally, pretty sure it also comes with the Donkey Kong DLC and extra challenges.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Is darkest dungeon one of those games where you either hate it or you end up putting 300 hours in it and nothing in between? Looking at screenshots there seems to be a ton of mechanics to keep track of. Is this the first time it’s been on sale?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mirror123 posted:

Is darkest dungeon one of those games where you either hate it or you end up putting 300 hours in it and nothing in between? Looking at screenshots there seems to be a ton of mechanics to keep track of. Is this the first time it’s been on sale?

Kinda. It's a game you can easily bounce off of if you cannot accept losing people or getting into failure scenarios.

It's punishing as hell. For me it activates my natural defiance so I want to break the game in half by being great at it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I tried Darkest Dungeon for like 30 minutes, didn't understand it and never played it again. I guess that counts as bouncing? :negative:

it's weird because it looks/sounds like a game I'd enjoy

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The Lobster posted:

True story (and kind of irrelevant) but the day after MH3U came out on Wii U I went to GameStop and there was a used copy already and the sales lady said the guy who traded it in said he had beaten it already. Sure buddy.

Anyway I guess my point is that MH is also not a game you trade in, at least not after one day, unless you suck so bad you have to lie to the sales lady about it.

He beat the addiction. It's possible but takes a lot of counseling and the withdrawal is horrible, it's barely worth the effort vs just living with it.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Kilometers Davis posted:

I just beat my first boss/big fat whacking enemy in Hollow Knight and oh man.

*that Arnie quote about cumming but about beating a boss in Hollow Knight*

Beating the mantis lords was when I felt like I could see the matrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

I saw Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection in a supermarket. All (Most of) the classic 2D SF games in one? Including the very first SF? On Switch? Yup I'm buying that.

• Locked thread