Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Once the unofficial Ultima Online shard I was playing on back in 00s introduced emotes, one of which was .vomit, which played a vomit sound while your character bowed and greenish-colored horse dung pile appeared under you. If you did it while you were running, it could put the vomit on the square immediately in front of you. If you did it while running towards the black void that separated all the dungeons and other areas from each other, you could land your vomit in that void. Also the pile of dung had such flags set that it counted as a floor tile or something.
So I invented a "vomit train" wherein one person would run with a macro that spams the vomit emote, creating a path of barf across the void that several of others could follow and get into all kinds of inaccessible areas. It was a blast, but the GMs were not that amused. And that's how I got my account deleted for upset stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Hogo Fogo posted:

Once the unofficial Ultima Online shard I was playing on back in 00s introduced emotes, one of which was .vomit, which played a vomit sound while your character bowed and greenish-colored horse dung pile appeared under you. If you did it while you were running, it could put the vomit on the square immediately in front of you. If you did it while running towards the black void that separated all the dungeons and other areas from each other, you could land your vomit in that void. Also the pile of dung had such flags set that it counted as a floor tile or something.
So I invented a "vomit train" wherein one person would run with a macro that spams the vomit emote, creating a path of barf across the void that several of others could follow and get into all kinds of inaccessible areas. It was a blast, but the GMs were not that amused. And that's how I got my account deleted for upset stomach.

Holy poo poo.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hogo Fogo posted:

We need more of you. Just in general.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hogo Fogo posted:

Hexyflexy posted:

We need more of you. Just in general.

So eat more

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hogo Fogo posted:

Oh that’s good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

One positive of Ellie in The Last of Us is that she can't trigger alerts or enemies even if she passes in front of them or anything else that the play character can do to cause alerts. In general it works pretty well and doesn't break immersion. Today though I was sneaking around behind a soldier who was actively hunting me and he climbed into an abandoned train car. I was right behind him ready to follow him into the train car and strangle him but unfortunately Ellie was just catching up to me and coming out of the train car the soldier had just gotten in. They spent 30 seconds or more walking in place unable to get past each other while the guard just kept yelling "I'll find you" as her torch blinded him and they butted heads.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dead Space 3 has one of the greatest glitches ever. If you’ve never played, a lot of the death animations result in graphic dismemberment.

It can glitch at a cutscene where Janik (the bad guy) ambushes you, but sometimes the enemies in the area start firing on you during the cut scene.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXItfz4sYiA

This one is even better, but I can’t find a better quality version
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxEAC3dxTbg

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dead Space 3 has one of the greatest glitches ever. If you’ve never played, a lot of the death animations result in graphic dismemberment.

It can glitch at a cutscene where Janik (the bad guy) ambushes you, but sometimes the enemies in the area start firing on you during the cut scene.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JXItfz4sYiA

This one is even better, but I can’t find a better quality version
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxEAC3dxTbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Hx043D_0E

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

On the subject of Dead Space 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md4CnNfLiiI

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Could you speak directly into my spine, my ears are still ringing and exploded.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EmmyOk posted:

One positive of Ellie in The Last of Us is that she can't trigger alerts or enemies even if she passes in front of them or anything else that the play character can do to cause alerts. In general it works pretty well and doesn't break immersion. Today though I was sneaking around behind a soldier who was actively hunting me and he climbed into an abandoned train car. I was right behind him ready to follow him into the train car and strangle him but unfortunately Ellie was just catching up to me and coming out of the train car the soldier had just gotten in. They spent 30 seconds or more walking in place unable to get past each other while the guard just kept yelling "I'll find you" as her torch blinded him and they butted heads.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmbo definitely

The game even lacks polish so now and then enemies will just autodetect you for literally no reason while Ellie is practicing whistling in front of them or w/e

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

quote:

Version 0.1.1420.6788
Fixed Dead players not being removed and instead spawning a skeleton every half second.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
IS this Space Engineers?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why on earth would you fix that? a mp game where when you kill someone they keep popping out complete skeletons, eventually stuffing the terrain so everyone is on a timer after the first kill sounds amazing.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hogo Fogo posted:

I did this with you. I don't remember the shards name now. "Carpathia" was a GM I remember.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

why on earth would you fix that? a mp game where when you kill someone they keep popping out complete skeletons, eventually stuffing the terrain so everyone is on a timer after the first kill sounds amazing.

Probably because it would crash the game regularly before it hit that point, which is unfortunate but the realistic answer.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/lISAXCq.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Um58xVC.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/s6Nobn9.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/bOOyHUQ.gifv

this game is worth $30 for the gameplay but some of the glitches make it worth more

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Can you elaborate on the name of this particular collection of dumpster fires?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

CzarChasm posted:

Can you elaborate on the name of this particular collection of dumpster fires?

It looks like State of Decay 2.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015

Kikas posted:

IS this Space Engineers?

It's Stationeers, which when you boil it down, is pretty much yet another attempt at a 3D SS13. Combined with Space Engineers. Is actually showing allot of promise imho, if you like really technical games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BattleTech posted:

I posted about this in the Discord but I figured I'd post here for people without it.

A new gamebreaking glitch in DOA5 has been found. By doing a move and micro dashing through it's interval frames you can skip the startup and recovery animation of a move. It's been in the game since 5 vanilla but was just figured out completely on Sunday. People are now working it into combo's and it is wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fiGQSkQmo

https://gfycat.com/AlienatedJollyHammerheadshark

https://gfycat.com/LivelyGrandioseEstuarinecrocodile

https://twitter.com/RYOFU0128/status/1013781550746353664

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

What the gently caress is going on with those faces and why is t;at godawful comic still going

I have a glitch to report: the Penny-Arcade dudebros are still making GBS threads comics (or having their interns do it)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

To be perfectly honest, even having been told ahead of time, I don’t really see the glitch. The two gfycat links certainly have (slightly) buggy animation, but the amount of damage these attacks are doijg doesn’t seem out of the ordinary.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

What the gently caress is going on with those faces and why is t;at godawful comic still going

I have a glitch to report: the Penny-Arcade dudebros are still making GBS threads comics (or having their interns do it)

Username/post combo.

:jerkbag: It's a webcomic. The bar is pretty low already, and while not everything can be TPS or BvB, it's sometimes okay enough to check in on once every six months :shrug:

also the comic linked is from 2013

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
If you look at it from 1999 onward the art in Penny Arcade kind of follows a parabolic trajectory. For a while it's steadily improving but at some point it just stops and begins degrading at a comparable rate. I dunno, haven't checked it out in a while.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Screaming Idiot posted:

What the gently caress is going on with those faces

The “zombies” in The Last of Us are victims of a fungal infection.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ariong posted:

To be perfectly honest, even having been told ahead of time, I don’t really see the glitch. The two gfycat links certainly have (slightly) buggy animation, but the amount of damage these attacks are doijg doesn’t seem out of the ordinary.

Rig is really not meant to be that fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VawWmcKUqS0

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Username/post combo.

:jerkbag: It's a webcomic. The bar is pretty low already, and while not everything can be TPS or BvB, it's sometimes okay enough to check in on once every six months :shrug:

Man with hot burns like that you too could write for PA

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pirate Radar posted:

The “zombies” in The Last of Us are victims of a fungal infection.

Okay but why's the art so bad?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Username/post combo.

The Penny Arcade Defender Has Logged On

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

StandardVC10 posted:

If you look at it from 1999 onward the art in Penny Arcade kind of follows a parabolic trajectory. For a while it's steadily improving but at some point it just stops and begins degrading at a comparable rate. I dunno, haven't checked it out in a while.

You can almost pick out the day he decided he was into the work of John Kricfalusi

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

The Penny Arcade Defender Has Logged On

You can never really be sure if someone is defending something for real or just doesn’t want to be in agreement with Screaming Idiot about something.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They got into this stupid trend that lots of illustrators did of coloring noses idgi

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

just doesn’t want to be in agreement with Screaming Idiot about anything.
a friendly reminder that SI got probated over and over for being too obnoxious for the WoW subforum

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
You're right I should confine myself to getting probated for white noise slapfights with gunhavers and arguments with moderators about said slapfights

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're right I should confine myself to getting probated for white noise slapfights with gunhavers and arguments with moderators about said slapfights

As god intended.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Fans of Monster Factory will enjoy this

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/07/04/gareth-southgate-football-manager-2018/

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I needed this after last couple episodes of Monster Factory being letdowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I unsubbed when he quit but does Griffin do MF anymore, now that he's gone from Polygon?