Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Can't wait to see the dorm room show off in the anime.

Oh man, I almost forgot about that. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wonder how they'll expand on that...

Will we see into Mineta's room?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Vinylshadow posted:

Wonder how they'll expand on that...

Will we see into Mineta's room?
We briefly and narrowly did this episode, actually.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

when ur having a real bad day

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sindai posted:

We briefly and narrowly did this episode, actually.

That wasn't a personal dorm room though

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's not? Did they not move into the dorms until later or something?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Sindai posted:

It's not? Did they not move into the dorms until later or something?

They move in right after this.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question regarding Eri. Let's say it takes her 5 years to get her powers to a point where she can somewhat use them reliably. Just a random number.

It was mentioned Lemons could get his powers back if she gained full control, but in this scenario would she rewind him a full 5 years to just the point where he lost his powers (and giving him 5 more years of life in the process) or would it just be a poke and oop your fixed.

Was kind of wondering how that first scenario would play out really and if he'd accept being de-aged by years just to get his powers.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Overhaul used SCIENCE to make Eri's power just rewind DNA, so I think the implication is that if she gets find control she could just rewind the rewinding specifically for that part of his quirk DNA.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Can't wait for Deku to have Eri inherit One for All and she becomes an all-powerful timelord

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I always figured that if we got any filler movies the token movie character (almost always a girl) would be a timelord and the end would be them retconning the whole adventure out.

Or for maximum sadness something like a kid who was considered quirkless but their quirk is actually being able to exist as a tangible ghost after death or something.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I'm very happy that Todoroki has been diligently writing letters to his mom. A good son!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Speaking of Eri, I realized two things:

1) Due to how her Quirk works, she could almost certainly restore All for One back to full power, if she ever managed to learn how to control it. (or if someone could forcibly take control of it...)
2) Shigaraki knows about Eri and her power.

I wouldn't be surprised if Eri was introduced specifically for that reason, because it is a pretty good way how to bring Afo back for the endgame.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I always figured that if we got any filler movies the token movie character (almost always a girl) would be a timelord and the end would be them retconning the whole adventure out.

Of course, the Sonic 2006 gambit.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Lt. Lizard posted:

1) Due to how her Quirk works, she could almost certainly restore All for One back to full power, if she ever managed to learn how to control it. (or if someone could forcibly take control of it...)

I wouldn't be surprised if Eri was introduced specifically for that reason, because it is a pretty good way how to bring Afo back for the endgame.

I know he's a badguy, but would AfO even want that? It seems like he's genuinely invested in Shigaraki's growth as his successor.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say, I'm not sure that's where -Horikoshi- wants the story to go.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Eri should become Recovery Girl Jr.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
All the talk about Endeavor got me thinking about how completely hosed quirk society is going to be in a couple generations.

We have two examples of quirks mixing to create ridiculously powerful monster-children in Todoroki and Bakugo. While Todoroki is the result of a hosed up attempt at eugenics, Bakugo got produced completely incidentally by two of the most silly and innocuous quirks(i can produce glycerin from my skin + my skin oil can explode but i can't control how much i produce). If Bakugo ever has a kid, what the hell is that going to produce? What if Momo fell in love and married some guy with a teleportation quirk? What happens when Eri grows up and decides to marry someone?

Like a century down the road you're going to be dealing with infants who can punch up with All For One.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kanos posted:

All the talk about Endeavor got me thinking about how completely hosed quirk society is going to be in a couple generations.

We have two examples of quirks mixing to create ridiculously powerful monster-children in Todoroki and Bakugo. While Todoroki is the result of a hosed up attempt at eugenics, Bakugo got produced completely incidentally by two of the most silly and innocuous quirks(i can produce glycerin from my skin + my skin oil can explode but i can't control how much i produce). If Bakugo ever has a kid, what the hell is that going to produce? What if Momo fell in love and married some guy with a teleportation quirk? What happens when Eri grows up and decides to marry someone?

Like a century down the road you're going to be dealing with infants who can punch up with All For One.

That's the Quirk Singularity theory. It came up when Bakugo had to take remedial license exams.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Momo and a teleporter dude's child would be the starship enterprise, and I won't hear otherwise from anyone.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

That's the Quirk Singularity theory. It came up when Bakugo had to take remedial license exams.

Stuff like the Quirk Singularity theory make me think this series is going to somehow end with all quirks around the world being erased. I hope not though, cause that would be kind of a bummer.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

my pet theory is the Quirk Singularity thing is Hoshikori looking everyone dead in the face and going "Man things'll be nuts if this is popular enough to go all the way to a Boruto-style sequel series, huh? Sure would be interesting. Hmm."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think this girl would make a great Toga cosplayer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean, if you take things to their max power levels. You don't even have to stop there. Who's to say Eri can't rewind more than just things and people? Maybe she'll bring Nana and Nighteye back from the dead too.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I mean, if you take things to their max power levels. You don't even have to stop there. Who's to say Eri can't rewind more than just things and people? Maybe she'll bring Nana and Nighteye back from the dead too.

But that's how you get spiral nemeses.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

gmq posted:

But that's how you get spiral nemeses.

Eh, just rewind that too. nbd

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Eri will have another major incident caused by her powers that lead to her being socially isolated, and she creates a bunch of zombies to be her new friends

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

eri will get a job at blockbuster rewinding VHS tapes

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Eri will almost certainly make some extreme demonstration of her power like bringing someone back from the dead or the like at some point.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If there are more spinoffs, etc., I wonder if they'll get in to world-ending quirks and what they do with them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Agronox posted:

If there are more spinoffs, etc., I wonder if they'll get in to world-ending quirks and what they do with them.

Government kills them. Huge conspiracy is found, new hero Clevin introduced.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Momo accidentally synthesizes grey goo and ends the world

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
MHA has a Dark Phoenix saga but it doesn't suck

E: yeah, Shinsou and Momo at the very least would be the kind of mutants who'd get the "Hi, you're in the Xmen now if you like it or not" type of invite.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 17, 2018

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Government kills them. Huge conspiracy is found, new hero Clevin introduced.

In a much darker setting than MHA I could definitely see the government black bagging or eliminating people with excessively ridiculous quirks. Somebody like Momo could, as alluded to in the series itself, obliterate the international economy singlehandedly by crashing the market for literally anything. Somebody like Kurogiri makes physical security measures largely worthless. Somebody like Shinsou has, as stated in series, enormous potential for abuse and misuse.

Thankfully MHA is an optimistic shonen series.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

In a much darker setting than MHA I could definitely see the government black bagging or eliminating people with excessively ridiculous quirks. Somebody like Momo could, as alluded to in the series itself, obliterate the international economy singlehandedly by crashing the market for literally anything. Somebody like Kurogiri makes physical security measures largely worthless. Somebody like Shinsou has, as stated in series, enormous potential for abuse and misuse.

Thankfully MHA is an optimistic shonen series.

The author had the sense to give Momo the secondary superpower of being rich

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
People worried about Momo destabilizing the economy aren't thinking about the fact that she could manufacture some heavily restricted weapons with zero paper trail. I'm sure she could produce some key components for nuclear weapons too, given enough knowledge.

The girl is a walking terrorist organization waiting to happen.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think All For One would try to steal Eri's quirk, or would he think there's too much of a learning curve to be worth it?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Probably the latter -- he's gotta load shigaraki up with easy to use quirks

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Shere posted:

People worried about Momo destabilizing the economy aren't thinking about the fact that she could manufacture some heavily restricted weapons with zero paper trail. I'm sure she could produce some key components for nuclear weapons too, given enough knowledge.

The girl is a walking terrorist organization waiting to happen.

Somehow I don't think producing radioactive material directly from your own body is a particularly good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Shadowlyger posted:

Somehow I don't think producing radioactive material directly from your own body is a particularly good idea.

She could make plutonium, which requires a process to become radioactive and before it can be used for purposes in nuclear warheads.

Berkley university had a video on the subject, explaining in very layman terms how easy it is to make a nuclear bomb or reactor. It's so simple a child could accidentally make the plans for one and easy enough one guy could make a nuclear reactor in his refrigerator in his backyard.