Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the main problem with a Tired Hands club is you wind up getting a bunch of Tired Hands beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

:goofy:

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

nah posted:

the main problem with a Tired Hands club is you wind up getting a bunch of Tired Hands beers

nah

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Took a dip into a new style with Kulmbacher Eisbock. It's very doughy, like drinking the back room at a bakery.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Yo Chicago folk, Off Color x Allagash collab is coming out next week.
https://twitter.com/OffcolorBrewing/status/1007622278727729152

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

ChiTownEddie posted:

It's times like these I wish I lived both closer to the city and had Fridays off.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

ChiTownEddie posted:

I find it strange they're doing the ticketed release for this, especially for a Friday. Are they expecting this big of a demand? The only other beers they've done this for are Dino S'mores (neckbeards!) and Eeek! (hipster neckbeards??). Maybe I'm underestimating the appeal of Allagash or something.

Sinnlos posted:

It's times like these I wish I lived both closer to the city and had Fridays off.

The only time I've ever seen them actually close to selling out on a release day was the first batch of Eeek! and even that ended up with some distro. Again, unless they brewed a very small amount of this, I highly doubt it won't be available for a while at the Mousetrap.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I'm going to get a ticket just bc why not but...yeah I don't expect this to sell out super fast.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Cassian Sunset from Central Waters is super delicious this year. It’s a bit too thin like the rest of their 4 packs but a tablespoon of cornstarch thickens it up just right, plus it’s good for keepin’ down the urges.

Spent way too much on beer this week but am excited to be going into the weekend with the all star IPA lineup of Sure Bet, Galaxy Unicorn, DDH KISS, Fresh Squeezed and Zombie Dust.

Two Hearted may be decent with a couple months on it but there’s really no competing with super fresh IPAs.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

LeafHouse posted:

Cassian Sunset from Central Waters is super delicious this year. It’s a bit too thin like the rest of their 4 packs but a tablespoon of cornstarch thickens it up just right, plus it’s good for keepin’ down the urges.

Spent way too much on beer this week but am excited to be going into the weekend with the all star IPA lineup of Sure Bet, Galaxy Unicorn, DDH KISS, Fresh Squeezed and Zombie Dust.

Two Hearted may be decent with a couple months on it but there’s really no competing with super fresh IPAs.

We were camping in WI a couple weeks ago and the Kenosha Woodman's had dozens of cases each of Cassian and Peruvian Morning. It was very difficult to not buy a ton.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

danbanana posted:

Hey, no.

If there's one thing that bothers me as a parent, it's how non-parents assume that my child isn't going to behave well in public. Or worse- that I don't know how to take care of my own kid in public.

It's probably because people have a long history of watching parents reply to their kid yelping with cute baby talk and thinking it's adorable, or completely tuning out when their kid is yelling because THEY are used to it and the rest of the world isn't.

Maybe you're the exception and you're awesome, but it's a learned behavior because lots of parents think their kids are being adorable when they're annoying the piss out of everyone around them. Frankly the fact that you are mad at people assuming parents are inconsiderate vs. inconsiderate parents creating that perception makes a case for you being in the inconsiderate camp.

Anyhoot

Beer talk, grabbed a Fort George/Holy Mountain/Modem Tones 3 way IPA - someone mentioned it here a few pages a back but there is definitely an astringent finish that throws it off. Doesn't ruin the beer but knocks it down a notch for sure.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

LeafHouse posted:

I might be stupid but is this meant to be a super obvious joke? :thunk:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Went to grab a bomber of Pseudo Sue today and had one of the toughest choices. They had Pseudo Sue, but also Double Dry Hopped Pseudo Sue and Mosaic Pseudo sue.

How the hell are you suppose to choose when given options like that?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Harminoff posted:

Went to grab a bomber of Pseudo Sue today and had one of the toughest choices. They had Pseudo Sue, but also Double Dry Hopped Pseudo Sue and Mosaic Pseudo sue.

How the hell are you suppose to choose when given options like that?

It comes in bombers as normal Sue?

DDH is fresher and also better. You should get that one.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

MunchE posted:

Frankly the fact that you are mad at people assuming parents are inconsiderate vs. inconsiderate parents creating that perception makes a case for you being in the inconsiderate camp.

Or- and hear me out here- you think you should be be able to go out in public and have absolute peace without any risk of other people's lives affecting yours makes a case for you being in the inconsiderate camp.

Real talk: if you're afraid of another human being- including a child--ruining your experience outside of your home, then you are the one who needs to stay the gently caress home. Not that kid.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

danbanana posted:

Or- and hear me out here- you think you should be be able to go out in public and have absolute peace without any risk of other people's lives affecting yours makes a case for you being in the inconsiderate camp.

Real talk: if you're afraid of another human being- including a child--ruining your experience outside of your home, then you are the one who needs to stay the gently caress home. Not that kid.

Gotcha - if your child shrieking ruins my day, I should stay home.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

danbanana posted:

Dude, in public spaces such as a movie or restaurant, parents usually take a active role when their kids misbehave. Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen at breweries when it should. Why not, I don't know, but don't pretend it's the people without kids who are the problem.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MunchE posted:

Please do, the fewer insufferable cunts that go out to events of all kinds the better.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

MunchE posted:

If you've got this much hate and anger saved up for children you really should.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

MunchE posted:

If you think any parent who is active with their kid and aware of their behavior and takes effort to keep that behavior acceptable to people around it is still inconsiderate, yes: please kindly stay the gently caress home.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

MunchE posted:

Beer talk, grabbed a Fort George/Holy Mountain/Modem Tones 3 way IPA - someone mentioned it here a few pages a back but there is definitely an astringent finish that throws it off. Doesn't ruin the beer but knocks it down a notch for sure.

loving a, that's 4 for 4 on hearing bad things about the cans. Apparently draft is ok?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

kids bad hth

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Paul ReiserFS posted:

kids bad hth

Nah.

I'm hyper aware of my kids' behavior in public and definitely remove them from the situation when they get shrieky.

Anyway: has anyone had Bell's 30th Anniversary Cherry Stout Reserve? Picked up a four pack for my dad and my father in law for Father's Day

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Podima posted:

I might be stupid but is this meant to be a super obvious joke? :thunk:

Everything is true except the corn starch. It takes way more than a tablespoon to get it thick enough.

Also, DDH KISS smells weird.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I accept that all you drat breeders need beer too.

I'm about to go to a friend's new brewery in SW Michigan and I am so worried the beer is going to suck. So worried.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

air- posted:

loving a, that's 4 for 4 on hearing bad things about the cans. Apparently draft is ok?

I'll keep an eye out for it on draft around town, I'll be drunkenly wandering Portland today. Seems to have limited reach on draft

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

MvB batch 5 kicks rear end and this is a strong contender for my top favorite Jester King 500 ml bottle. Huge cherry flavor on this compared to previous batches. Hope that bodes well for this year's Aurelian Lure, Fen Tao, and Atrial.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Fat Lou posted:

It comes in bombers as normal Sue?

DDH is fresher and also better. You should get that one.

Glad I chose right then. Also picked up some Anderson valley framboise rose gose. Man, that stuff goes down way to easily.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Had some Rodenbach Alexander tonight. It was very good. I'm usually worried about drinking flanders reds as they can easily get too acetic and I've also had some bad experiences with diacetyl, but this was excellent. The cherries were restrained in a good way; you could tell they were there, but it was very much a beer and not fruitjuice with yeast as seems to be the current trend. Clean lactic sourness balanced by a sweetness that was not overtly caramel. No hops or bitterness. Perhaps a hint of tannins from the oak, but subtle. The brett was fruity and subtle as well, with no barnyard aromas. That's not to say the beer did not taste of much, it actually packed quite a punch, but a lot of thought had clearly gone into balance.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 17, 2018

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Caractere rouge is even better if you haven't tried it.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
State booze monopoly is doing an auction right now where an aged bottle of that is an item. I've placed a couple of bids.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Biomute posted:

State booze monopoly is doing an auction right now where an aged bottle of that is an item. I've placed a couple of bids.

Doesn’t Rodenbach pasteurize everything?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tried a few new beers today. Hofbrau Dunkel is a perfectly average, bready German beer that's really easy to drink in large quantities. Lager of the Lakes is surprisingly mild and plain for a Bell's beer.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Furious Lobster posted:

Yeah, their brewer did an ama a few years ago and said all standard releases are pasteurized. It does age though, the fruit fades and you get more acid.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Furious Lobster posted:

I think so, but this is likely the only way I will get to try one. I don't think it was more than 3-4 years old so hopefully still good although not a brett bomb.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Biomute posted:

I think so, but this is likely the only way I will get to try one. I don't think it was more than 3-4 years old so hopefully still good although not a brett bomb.

it was really difficult to find for a while, but we got a lot of it in VA around a year ago and there were definitely still bottles a couple months back. i figured that they'd made a bunch more, but maybe we just got lucky?

had our fourth anniversary party yesterday and instead of drinking all the guest taps we posted up in the brewery with a shitload of pilsners and watched the world cup. my dude Brett from Idle Hands even brought a keg of Edgeworth Pils, which has a pretty assertive bitterness, but was still quite good and disappeared really quickly (i think shabadu posted about it a while back).

speaking of which, i can now officially say that Bingo, which will open in Scott's Addition this year, will have Lager Wizard Ken (formerly of Hardywood and Champion) running the show and their first beer is likely gonna be the excellent Bohemian pils that he brewed at Hardywood, so i'm pretty stoked about that. so weird how i didn't like any of this stuff just a couple years ago...

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

funkybottoms posted:

it was really difficult to find for a while, but we got a lot of it in VA around a year ago and there were definitely still bottles a couple months back. i figured that they'd made a bunch more, but maybe we just got lucky?

Release is in October and they release a ton. Probably drank a case of it last year and had to force myself to save a few for aging/verticals.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've decided to hate Almanac Farmer's Reserve purely because they put an unnecessary flange on the neck of the bottle that makes it hard to fit a bottle opener.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

air- posted:

Currently drinking a draft and no astringent flavors at all. It's really damned good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Didn't mention this here because apparently I am a total loving ingrate but funkybottoms sent me (more cans than anticipated of) Ardent Pilsner and goodness, what an excellent beer it is. Richmond area folks better snap it up for porch times.

I've been suuuper broke since moving to Atlanta since my new job isn't paying me til next week but once I'm a moneyhaver again I'll be getting into the area breweries, who sucks and who doesn't.